CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

Messed up center console.......

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-09, 01:24 PM
moo_juice
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Messed up center console.......

Ok, just curious if any of you driving a 2IS have tarnished the center console from a spill or anything. I was driving to work this morning drinking my coffee and hit a giant *** pothole on the freeway in aiea and splashed coffee on the stereo and console by my shift ****. Left it on there until i got into town, when i wiped it off it took the paint off aswell. Now its dark grey/black console, with really light gray spots all over. Ill take pics later.

So just wondering if i got a ****ty paint job on that, or is this normal?

ok i think this is the probably the wrong forum, but ill leave it here to see what you guys think.

Last edited by moo_juice; 01-14-09 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-14-09, 08:11 PM
4U2eNv_8o8
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That has never happened to me, but someone had a similar problem with the center console. I'm just taking a wild guess, but since the coffee was hot it burned the plastic to make it that color you are talking about now.

Now for the story of someone else, they left their glasses or something on the console and it burnt up the plastic which gave it that faded color. I'll look into it and I'll try to post it later if I do find it. It was posted on the IS-second gen. section of the CL forums.
Old 01-14-09, 10:33 PM
TrendyTodd
Lexus Test Driver

If the paint is actually gone, before you try anything else, you might want to take it to the dealer. They may replace it under warranty.

If not, post up pics or call me to meetup and take a look at it.
Old 01-21-09, 10:42 AM
moo_juice
Intermediate

Heres some pics, this was taken with my camera phone just now. Not the best quality, but pretty damn good for a phone i dropped 10 times already haha.

Well Todd lmk if you think there is anything that can be done, it looks a lot worse in person than in the pics. It looks like there is nothing that can be done except to replace it, which sounds very costly....

These spots are all over the console.

I doubt they will replace this under the warranty, especially since my stereo unit is affected as well.

Messed up center console.......-20090116174814.jpg

Last edited by moo_juice; 01-21-09 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-21-09, 10:44 AM
moo_juice
Intermediate

Here is another pic

Messed up center console.......-20090116174846.jpg
Old 01-21-09, 12:30 PM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

i'm sorry, about your console..

umm, do you want my lexus starbucks looking coffee cup? it's brand new... you can have it for $0.00!
Old 01-21-09, 03:10 PM
moo_juice
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Annalyz
i'm sorry, about your console..

umm, do you want my lexus starbucks looking coffee cup? it's brand new... you can have it for $0.00!
Thanks, but ill pass haha. I bought this a few days ago and it works perfect, I can shake the cup as much as i want and not 1 drop will leak. http://www.cooking.com/products/revi...18168&rs=rated

Also FYI for anyone who already doesn't know, watch out when taking the Punchbowl exit. 2 GIANT potholes in that right lane. Its how i spilled my coffee and apparently I think its how i curbed my new rims and took a chunk off of my tire. Oh well I take nimitz now, seems to save some time going both ways.
Old 01-22-09, 12:19 AM
TrendyTodd
Lexus Test Driver

Is it actually discolored? Thats what it looks like. Call me or text me if you have time to meetup. I can come to you or meet you somewhere.

I can't tell what it is or if it can be fixed just by looking at the pics.
Old 01-22-09, 01:16 AM
moo_juice
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CLHawaii
Is it actually discolored? Thats what it looks like. Call me or text me if you have time to meetup. I can come to you or meet you somewhere.

I can't tell what it is or if it can be fixed just by looking at the pics.
Its tax season right now, so my job has me working some crazy hours. But ill try to make it to one of the meets sometime soon. The paint rubbed right off. I left the coffee on the console only for like 10 min untill i parked. When i wiped it off it came a light grey color. In a small spot i used some plexus and it made it worse and made a big light grey spot.

But yea ill try to meet up and see what you think. Im not that ****, but all these spots on my interior bothers me.