CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

New Lexus owner signing in

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-09, 10:11 AM
Silver'04
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Lexus owner signing in

Just wanted to introduce myself to the CL Hawaii family. My name is Brandon and my wife and I just picked up a 2007 Glacier Frost Mica IS250. This is our first Lexus and so far, we're in love. The car rides so smoothly, is quiet, and so much more comfortable than my previous car ('04 Subaru WRX wagon, fully modded). I hope to start modding the car soon, but got a few quick questions that I was hoping some of you could help answer.

First of all, and this may seem a little strange, but I was wondering if you could help me determine the package that this car came with. I asked the owner, but he wasn't too sure, but he thinks it's a sports package (I think the car was a gift from his parents.) In any case, the car has black perforated leather, moon roof, parking sensors front and rear, 18" wheels (split 5 spoke), HID's, and the Mark Levinson audio system. I tried researching a little and I didn't really see a sport package, only a premium, luxury, or X package. Any ideas?

Also, for those of you that have upgraded your suspension already, how is the ride afterwards? With my Suby, I had Stance GR+ Pro's and the ride, as expected, was pretty stiff. That was fine with the wagon, but it's a different story for the Lexus. I basically just want to lowerthe car and throw on a set of 19's, but I still want a fairly comfortable ride. I've researched it a little bit and looked at tons of pics, so I think I've narrowed it down to either H&R's, Eibach Pro Kits for the 250, or Tein S-Techs. The hard thing is that when you look at certain pics from certain angles, the car will look pretty low, but then in another have a 2 finger gap. Anybody got any feedback on any of these 3 springs, or better yet pics?

I look forward to possibly meeting some of you at the upcoming meets and maybe seeing some of your rides in person. Thanks in advance. Oh and here's the obligatory pics of the previous ride I had before the Lex:

**Only wagon on the island....or Subaru for that matter, running 18x10's +35 offset front and rear, on a stock body.
Old 01-21-09, 10:36 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome to CLH.

Im sure the 2IS guys can chime in on your questions.

Pete
Old 01-21-09, 10:43 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,301 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Welcome and congrats!

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/pricing.html will give you the details on each package
Old 01-21-09, 11:50 AM
Silver'04
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Welcome and congrats!

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/pricing.html will give you the details on each package
Thanks for the link.

BTW, does anybody have an OEM lip in Glacier Frost Mica for sale? Or is that like finding a needle in a hay stack? I'd definitely prefer buying a used one in good condition over going to Servco.
Old 01-21-09, 01:11 PM
lexusnb
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome Brandon, that was a pretty sick looking suby wagon you had there. My name is Kurt I own both a Audi and a lexus although my Audi is the show car. So that's the car I'm come out with most times. There are quite a few peeps here with 2is's so I'm sure they will ringing in to help you out with your questions. Well hope to meet you at one of our meets soon.
Old 01-21-09, 01:20 PM
LXIGRL
Lead Lap

Hi Brandon..... Welcome to CL.....
Old 01-21-09, 01:24 PM
Silver'04
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexusnb
Welcome Brandon, that was a pretty sick looking suby wagon you had there. My name is Kurt I own both a Audi and a lexus although my Audi is the show car. So that's the car I'm come out with most times. There are quite a few peeps here with 2is's so I'm sure they will ringing in to help you out with your questions. Well hope to meet you at one of our meets soon.
Thanks for the compliment and I'm sure I'm going to miss the wagon when it's gone. But, the Lexus looks like it takes it's place very nicely!

Originally Posted by LXIGRL
Hi Brandon..... Welcome to CL.....
Hi and thanks for the welcome. Pm'd you back BTW
Old 01-21-09, 01:36 PM
sixseven1
Driver

welcome aboard. that is one clean wrx. good choice in selecting glacier frost mica, we don't need anymore sfp 2is's here as for suspention, many guys prefer eibach and love there smooth and comfortable handling. i went straight for coilovers, its a bit hard on the potholes but smooth on the H and through the corners. i did alot of research and found that many guys running 19's with springs later upgrade to coilovers to get rid of the gap the springs still show. i'm sure the other guys here can help give you somemore advice in selecting a good suspention setup.
Old 01-21-09, 01:57 PM
Silver'04
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sixseven1
welcome aboard. that is one clean wrx. good choice in selecting glacier frost mica, we don't need anymore sfp 2is's here as for suspention, many guys prefer eibach and love there smooth and comfortable handling. i went straight for coilovers, its a bit hard on the potholes but smooth on the H and through the corners. i did alot of research and found that many guys running 19's with springs later upgrade to coilovers to get rid of the gap the springs still show. i'm sure the other guys here can help give you somemore advice in selecting a good suspention setup.
That's what I'm afraid of. I don't want to buy a set of springs and hope that it's low enough. I've seen so many pics in the past week, that it's hard to tell already. It seems like the H&R's may give a nice drop with 19's, like here on javyLSU's car: https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/da.../IMG_43001.jpg. I think this looks perfect, so I'm kind of leaning towards these. At the same time, I've seen cars with Tein Stechs, which advertise a lower drop, that don't look as look as javy's IS. At least with Tein CS's, I can have almost any height I want.

Do any of you local members know anybody running H&R's or Eibach Pro Kit's for an IS250? Or have any pics?
Old 01-21-09, 02:23 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the party. Personally, I would just go with the coilovers then you can adjust the ride height and dampening to your taste.
Old 01-21-09, 02:33 PM
sixseven1
Driver

hope this helps. couldn't find any h&r's. they both later upgraded to coil's
eibachs

s-techs
Old 01-21-09, 03:15 PM
Silver'04
Lead Lap

^^^ Thanks for the reference pics. How are the Tein CS coils? Is the ride REALLY as good as stock, as some have said? Is that even possible with coilovers? I've run Tein SS-P's and Stance GR+ Pro's on my wagon and both were pretty firm.
Old 01-21-09, 03:21 PM
808is3
Pole Position

nice wagon, is that a sti conversion on the front? and no roof racks i see? very nice one of the guys i work with has the same look with his wrx wagon. and yea welcome to the club
Old 01-21-09, 03:39 PM
Silver'04
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 808is3
nice wagon, is that a sti conversion on the front? and no roof racks i see? very nice one of the guys i work with has the same look with his wrx wagon. and yea welcome to the club
Yeah, I did a STi front bumper, splitter, JDM front lip, STi hood scoop and splitter, and yup roof rail deletes. Damn, with the amount of $$$ I spent on the Suby, I should've had a Lexus to begin with. At least the $$$ will be better spent (I think) on this car.
Old 01-21-09, 06:36 PM
VIP_ES300
Lexus Test Driver

welcome to clh
always liked wagons

Quick Reply: New Lexus owner signing in