Announcing Kalaeloa Raceway Park's First Event - Rally X Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-09, 09:03 PM
LXIGRL
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Announcing Kalaeloa Raceway Park's First Event - Rally X Hawaii

Hello Motorsports Enthusiasts!

We're very proud to announce Kalaeloa Raceway Park will be holding it's first organized event: Rallycross! Rally X Hawaii - a new and old team consisting of dedicated volunteers and professionals, including the promoters of Drift Session & the Super Lap Series - will be holding an invitiation-only trial event sometime in late February with a full-on event occuring in March. The specific dates are not set yet but we are letting the public know that organized events will be starting soon.

Rallycross is timed automobile racing, held on a closed mixed-surface racing circuit, with stock, modified production, or specially built road cars. It is very similar to autocross, although this event will differ in some instances, and in some cases will be more akin to the european rally style.

The expected lap time is 1:30 with a minimum of four timed runs on a .75 mile course with free runs at the end of the day. The racing surface consists primarily of coral and grass with transition areas to asphalt. The course will cover over half of the grounds of KRP. Although the classes have yet to be identified, we can expect to offer different segments for FWD, RWD, AWD, and an Open or Unlimited Class. Lifted vehicles will not be allowed to participate.

As more information is finalized, we will release it at www.kalaeloaracewaypark.com as well as the official website, www.rallyxhawaii.com, which is currently under construction. The official forum is up and operating at HawaiiTalks.Net so if you have any questions or commments, please feel free to follow the link or post here and we'll answer them to the best of our ability.
Rally X Hawaii & KRP are also looking for sponsors to help get this first event off the ground. SORT, LLC & OMAC are putting an extensive amount of effort to facilitate this event, but we still could use some help. If you're a business owner interested in supporting, please contact us at ht@buildthetrack.com

If you're interested in volunteering at the event, please contact organizer EricaMacKinnon@gmail.com

The KRP Project Team is extremely excited for this historic occasion, and we hope that you'll join us in March as we host what will hopefully be one of many events at Kalaeloa Raceway Park.

Mahalo,
Michael Kitchens
KRP Project Team

Here's a preliminary course design...please watch www.kalaeloaracewaypark.com and www.rallyxhawaii.com for more information. Thanks all!

Old 01-28-09, 09:11 PM
VIP_ES300
Lexus Test Driver

just read this up on postjunky
looks pretty awesome!
never been to the hrp track so hopefully this will be a first for me
Old 01-28-09, 11:26 PM
lexusnb
Lexus Test Driver

Looks inviting might have to volunteer for this event so I can check it out first hand. Anyone else going to volunteer?
Old 01-28-09, 11:56 PM
Kaluna
Pole Position

I miss the track... I geuss I'm going to be there as a part of S.O.R.T.

Damnit no lifted vehicles... I want to run my truck on that course
Old 01-29-09, 12:12 AM
St.204
Lead Lap

soo.......this means i can run my gtfour BWahahahahahaahaha
Old 01-30-09, 06:36 PM
breakb
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can't wait till drift event!!

Peace out