CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

Anyone interested in a meet on 2/21 or 2/22?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-09 | 11:31 AM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Default Anyone interested in a meet on 2/21 or 2/22?

Sure, you're gonna need gloves and get dirty, but its another great way of getting together and meeting new members. Not to mention helping out the track!
Originally Posted by ArchangelX
Hello Valued Supporters,

In preparation for upcoming events, we'd like to ask for your support in helping to clean up Kalaeloa Raceway Park. Over the next few months, we'll have designated clean-up days where you'll be able to help prep the park for the various events that will be taking place. Clean-up duties will included cutting the grass, tearing out weeds & bushes, as well as painting barricades and bunkers.

The first of these clean-up dates is set for Saturday & Sunday, February 21st & 22nd, 2009 starting from 9AM.

Everyone that helps will have the opportunity to sign a painted barricade with their initials/mark as a way of saying thanks for their volunteer efforts. Drinks & Lunch will be on us as well. Helping will also give you the experience of seeing the park for the first time.

We already have the machinery to do the heavy stuff such as the full scale mowing, but we'll need help with the small stuff. We'll need things like weedwhackers, shovels, picks, axes, and anything you would use to clean up a 30 acre parcel of bushland.

So again:

KRP Clean Up Day
February 21 & 22, 2009
Starting from 9AM
Kalaeloa Raceway Park

Please spread the word, and let's get a good group of people to get the park started on the right track! Save Oahu's Racetracks & Oahu Motorsports Advisory Council thank you for your continued support!

Mahalo for your support!

Michael J. Kitchens
Chairman,
Oahu Motorsports Advisory Council
www.buildthetrack.com
chairman@buildthetrack.com
Contact me @ 782-7432 if you have questions.

Kalaeloa Raceway Park is located just before the intersection of Coral Sea Road & Tripoli on the way to White Plains Beach in the old Barber's Pt. Naval Station.

Here's a direct map to it via Google:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...=UTF8&t=h&z=16
Old 02-07-09 | 11:37 AM
VIP_ES300
Lexus Test Driver

i always do service projects like this at my school so im down for this
Old 02-08-09 | 01:23 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

dave's cruise is on the 22nd so detail day is gonna be the 21st, im gonna have to pass.
Old 02-09-09 | 10:01 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
dave's cruise is on the 22nd so detail day is gonna be the 21st, im gonna have to pass.
My granduncle's funeral is on the 21st...and Im one of the pallbearers (sp?).

And Dave's cruise in the next day....sorry...gonna pass on this as well.
Old 02-09-09 | 10:58 PM
lexusnb
Lexus Test Driver

Yup me too Todd sorry will have to pass on this one but if they have another one I'll be there. Aren't you going to Dave Tang's Cruise? Oh and I have to have you check out a scrape I got this past Saturday Night b4 I went out to the SB meet. Some one side swiped my car while it was parked on the street. I think it needs to be resprayed but I wanted to get your opinion on it. I managed to clay out some of the other blemishes. I'll explain it to you later.

Thanks,
Old 02-09-09 | 11:03 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Ouch! Let me know when you wanna meetup to take a look at it.

As far as this event, I guess no "sticky" for this one. But we got Cars & Coffee this Saturday.