Search this Thread

Old 02-13-09, 12:33 AM
steezy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Would you run this?

For 2is guys,

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is2...0-springs.html

still researching on what drop springs i should get, cant afford coilovers until i get a job
if these sound good to you guys, ill get em. but if anything im thinking about H&Rs. sorry for being a noob.

what do you think?

Last edited by steezy; 02-13-09 at 12:48 AM.
Old 02-13-09, 01:06 AM
ISBU
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still think the best option is a coilovers. Save your money and get coilovers when you can afford it.
Old 02-13-09, 01:11 AM
steezy
Lexus Test Driver

yeah i guess you're right though.
it'll take a while, but i guess its worth it.
Old 02-13-09, 01:15 AM
St.204
Lead Lap

haha just save up. i wasted time and money with springs. full coils have more options too
Old 02-13-09, 01:24 AM
steezy
Lexus Test Driver

i see.

well i guess its time for job hunting.
Old 02-13-09, 03:44 AM
Silver'04
Lead Lap

A lot of people will tell you coilovers are better, and you should just save up your money. True, but it really depends on what your goals are for the car. Coilovers have the benefits of full adjustability, and getting the car at the exact height you want. If you're planning to upgrade wheels/tires and want to slam or tuck tires, you might as well skip springs and just wait until you can afford the coilovers, and buy it one time. But, if all that you're looking for is to moderately lower your 2is, then springs will suite you better and are much cheaper. Coilovers have it's place, but not everybody needs them, and they're not the best option for everyone. Think about what you want and what is important and make the decision from there.
Old 02-13-09, 03:54 PM
Silver'04
Lead Lap

Here's a photo of javyLSU's 2is with just H&R springs and 19" Volks. For my intents and purposes, it's perfect. Now granted, it's not tucking tires and is not "slammed". But, I want to keep the car steetable and try and minimize any rubbing issues, while still being able to run a meaty tire. My wife also drives the Lex, and I'd prefer not to have the car too low for her as well. For those reasons, H&R springs look like they'll work for me. I just ordered a set and they arrived today. They should be going on the car within the next 2 weeks along with my new kicks. I know I spoke to a lot of you at the meet about getting coilovers, and don't get me wrong, I want them too. But, there's other financial and wifey obligations that make me think other wise....hahahaha.
Old 02-13-09, 04:32 PM
gkkid808
Pole Position

yeah. i would also have to say it depends on wat you want. i did springs on my 1is and im changing to tanabe coils now. i was happy for a while but i wanted it lower now so coils will let me go up n down. if ur not sure then DONT GET ANYTHING YET
Old 02-13-09, 06:26 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

steezy, simple answer: yes, i would run DF210 over any other spring due to the 2in drop.

BUT~

as you can see by the replys, its not so 'simple'
Old 02-13-09, 07:24 PM
LXIGRL
Lead Lap

Listen to the COILOVER MASTERS..... Save your money and when you are ready to order some TANABE COILOVERS let me know and I can get a good deal for you...... Mine's are on order as I post..... Just ask gkkid808.....
Old 02-13-09, 09:49 PM
steezy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LXIGRL
Listen to the COILOVER MASTERS..... Save your money and when you are ready to order some TANABE COILOVERS let me know and I can get a good deal for you...... Mine's are on order as I post..... Just ask gkkid808.....
Really?? How good of a deal?
haha, just asking. I'm not ready to get coils but
if the deal sounds good. MAYBE. Haha.
Old 02-13-09, 10:20 PM
steezy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Silver'04

Here's a photo of javyLSU's 2is with just H&R springs and 19" Volks. For my intents and purposes, it's perfect. Now granted, it's not tucking tires and is not "slammed". But, I want to keep the car steetable and try and minimize any rubbing issues, while still being able to run a meaty tire. My wife also drives the Lex, and I'd prefer not to have the car too low for her as well. For those reasons, H&R springs look like they'll work for me. I just ordered a set and they arrived today. They should be going on the car within the next 2 weeks along with my new kicks. I know I spoke to a lot of you at the meet about getting coilovers, and don't get me wrong, I want them too. But, there's other financial and wifey obligations that make me think other wise....hahahaha.
Those do look perfect. I dont know what to do.
The tanabes look nice too, but its just the fact its for gs350s.
Old 02-13-09, 10:32 PM
LXIGRL
Lead Lap

TANABE'S can be for IS250'S OR IS350'S.....
Old 02-13-09, 10:41 PM
Silver'04
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by steezy
Those do look perfect. I dont know what to do.
The tanabes look nice too, but its just the fact its for gs350s.
Since you're not in a rush, just search a little more. Don't get me wrong, coilovers are great and allow infinite possibilites. But, if you don't need/want to go lower, then you'd just be paying more for something you don't need. But, if you think you won't be satisfied with the ride height from springs, don't even bother and just skip straight to coilovers. For that point, I agree with everybody else that you should just save up and get the coilovers.

BTW, I should have my H&R's installed within the next week or so, so you can check them out for your self and see if you'd be happy with the height.
Old 02-13-09, 11:45 PM
steezy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Silver'04
Since you're not in a rush, just search a little more. Don't get me wrong, coilovers are great and allow infinite possibilites. But, if you don't need/want to go lower, then you'd just be paying more for something you don't need. But, if you think you won't be satisfied with the ride height from springs, don't even bother and just skip straight to coilovers. For that point, I agree with everybody else that you should just save up and get the coilovers.

BTW, I should have my H&R's installed within the next week or so, so you can check them out for your self and see if you'd be happy with the height.
I wanna see the pics.

Quick Reply: Would you run this?