CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

Anyone w/2GS 300. I Need HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-09, 12:29 PM
jjawaya
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone w/2GS 300. I Need HELP!

so, i'm still having problems with my car in reverse. let your car warm up totally, and throw it in reverse. does anyone else feel a shuddering??? no gas, just let go of the brake pedal. a slight incline and a little gas makes it worse on my car. but, a little more gas makes it go away. it's not like i go ripping around in reverse, but on a everyday basis, i feel that there's something really wrong with my car. if anyone has or had the problem, what is it , or how do i correct it? it's a long story but, i've been to lexus, and they refuse to go any further with my car.
Old 02-19-09, 09:27 PM
webhed
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

take your car to LXS and have Chad take a look at it. Try to avoid Servco if it's no longer under warranty,
Old 02-19-09, 10:14 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jjawaya
so, i'm still having problems with my car in reverse. let your car warm up totally, and throw it in reverse. does anyone else feel a shuddering??? no gas, just let go of the brake pedal. a slight incline and a little gas makes it worse on my car. but, a little more gas makes it go away. it's not like i go ripping around in reverse, but on a everyday basis, i feel that there's something really wrong with my car. if anyone has or had the problem, what is it , or how do i correct it? it's a long story but, i've been to lexus, and they refuse to go any further with my car.
What's your mileage? You've got a 2005 GS300...wouldn't it still be under warranty? What's Servco's excuse for not servicing this problem?
Old 02-20-09, 12:04 AM
Kaluna
Pole Position

Are you feeling a hesitation or an actual shudder like the rpm is dropping out? A shudder, I'm thinking idle is dropping out... maybe an IAC valve on its way out under load.
Hesitation, I've noticed almost feels like a slip or the reverse gear not catching under light load. But from what I've been told & felt in other GS's its normal.
Old 02-24-09, 07:10 PM
jjawaya
Driver School Candidate

take your car to LXS and have Chad take a look at it. Try to avoid Servco if it's no longer under warranty,

did that and he refered me to one of his friends who is better at drivetrains. i'm waiting for any of his takes on the problem.

What's your mileage? You've got a 2005 GS300...wouldn't it still be under warranty? What's Servco's excuse for not servicing this problem?

i'm at almost 63k. at the time i took it in, it was under warranty. correct me if i'm wrong 7yrs, 60k miles. (i purchased the car used. not from lexus.) their "excuse" is that after replacing my trans with a reman trans, the problem still exists. they don't know what the problem is and therefore have no idea on how to correct it. so, they're telling me that it is a "normal characteristic" of the transmission in my car,(total b.s. to me) and are not willing to go any further with my car. i have gone as far as having a sit down meeting with the assistant director of servicing for servco, and got the same answer. i have yet to recieve any documentation verifing their claim that the shuddering i'm experiencing is a "normal characteristic" of the 05 gs300. don't get me wrong, the service manager at lexus did everything he could to help me out, he's the reason i even got a reman trans to try and correct the problem. all in all, i love my car, i even have a suspension sitting waiting to be put on, but this experience has left a definite scar on me with lexus.

Are you feeling a hesitation or an actual shudder like the rpm is dropping out? A shudder, I'm thinking idle is dropping out... maybe an IAC valve on its way out under load.
Hesitation, I've noticed almost feels like a slip or the reverse gear not catching under light load. But from what I've been told & felt in other GS's its normal.

it's for sure not a hesitation. it's also not the rpm dropping out. think of it this way, it feels like i'm pumping on the brakes. i would really like to meet anyone who thinks that they have the same kind of shuddering as i do. maybe we can compare.
Old 02-25-09, 12:01 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Take it to Pearl City Transmission up in Waipio (Ukee Blvd)...ask for John...son of owner...he used to own a GS400....maybe he has a clue....afterall...they only do trans.

Btw...I think basic warranty is 4 yrs / 50K miles.....drivetrain is 6 yrs / 70K Miles....corrosion is 6 yrs / unlimited miles.

Last edited by PHML; 02-25-09 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-12-09, 06:41 PM
jjawaya
Driver School Candidate

thanks PHML i'll give them a call. hopefully someone there can shed a little light on my situation.