MVC Fled

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-09, 05:28 PM
theSHAPE
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MVC Fled

ok here goes my story:

wednesday night i was stopped at the intersection of nehoa and punahou waiting to make the left turn onto punaho. this idiot in a grey ford f-150 license plate MCK 828 was coming down punahou at about 45mph taking the right turn onto nehoa. the speed he was going plus the wet road plus the fact that it is a sharp turn, caused his truck to skid and collide with the van infront of me and then hitting my front driverside. he then reverses and moves his car to the side of the road. i guess he finally realizes that he had hit two cars and did some good damage he then proceed to take off down the road heading toward roosevelt. he stops before he hits that next traffic light and puts his truck into reverse. i'm thinking he's pulling over there cuz its safer.. but no he puts the car back in drive and takes off overtaking a car. so i make a u-turn, not knowing if my car is safe to drive, and i chase him down getting his license plate number. follow him into the street across lincoln elementary where he pulls over. i didn't wanna confront him so i just kept an eye on him. he gets outta his truck and with his cell phone light checks his damage before jumping back in his truck. my gf was in her truck behind me at the accident so i called her and told her where i was.. she drives past his truck and i guess he finally realizes he's been followed. he takes off again almost hitting her in the process so i had her follow him for a little bit and i parked at lincoln and waited for the cops. but i finally came to my senses and told her stop following him. he caused $5000 in damage to my car. good thing i only gotta pay $250 for the deductible and i expect that back when they catch him and i take him to court. only thing is i hope the court proceedings don't interfere with my wedding and honeymoon that's coming up next month.

on the bright side.. i get a new headlight, a new fender, a new hood, and a new paint job(atleast the front half of my car) for $250.
Old 03-06-09, 06:15 PM
Silver'04
Lead Lap

Wow, crazy story. BE careful next time though. Once you've got his license plate, and vehicle description, that's enough. You never know if the other guy may be armed, or on drugs or something. The main thing is that nobody was hurt. Where are you repairing the car?
Old 03-06-09, 06:34 PM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

dang, what's up with chronics today? a dude drove his car in to the waiting area at waipahu servco breaking the glass window blah blah blah... mean da dope!
Old 03-06-09, 10:41 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, next time, just get the license plate and wait for the cops. Sure sounds like he didnt want to get caught or was high on something. Main thing is you're safe. Car, parts can be replaced. Your life can't
Old 03-06-09, 11:18 PM
status....
Lead Lap

did the cop say if the person lived in the area from running the plates? when i used to work in manoa and had to wait at the light choke guys hang that turn and i always used to think i hope they dont loose it into me cause some people come flying it down the hill.
Old 03-07-09, 11:13 AM
theSHAPE
Rookie

i'm gettin my car repaired at honda windward body shop. i know the peops over there and they'll do a good job. but i gotta wait for the parts to come in. sucks to come home and see my car in its condition right now but its good to know i get $10 a day for everyday its not being operated

the insurance company is following up with the cops right now. i'm just waiting.

but yeah next time i'll be smarter and just go far enough to get his license plate number.

oh yeah and i guess thats bye bye to my panda is300 now it'll be one color.
Old 03-07-09, 12:15 PM
lexusnb
Lexus Test Driver

Dude sorry to hear about your mishap that sucks but at least you got the necessary info on the other vehicle. Damn that's right by my house too and we didn't even hear it. Because just last week at around 10 something at night this lady came down Punahou and cleaned out the parking signs right infront our apartment building. Good thing no one was parked there that night. Well hope your car comes out ok and sucks to be that dude.
Old 03-07-09, 06:54 PM
chikken
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by theSHAPE
i'm gettin my car repaired at honda windward body shop. i know the peops over there and they'll do a good job. but i gotta wait for the parts to come in. sucks to come home and see my car in its condition right now but its good to know i get $10 a day for everyday its not being operated

the insurance company is following up with the cops right now. i'm just waiting.

but yeah next time i'll be smarter and just go far enough to get his license plate number.

oh yeah and i guess thats bye bye to my panda is300 now it'll be one color.
think I might've saw you the other day, your car was park in the lot by May May's.....my dad knows the guys from Honda windward also, nice people and they do a good job, small world, just make sure they don't get over spray on your rear windshield....they're known for that.
Old 03-07-09, 08:38 PM
gkkid808
Pole Position

woowwwwww sorry about the car man but at least ur safe n no one is hurt. crazy some people....
Old 03-08-09, 01:13 PM
kikaida
Lead Lap

Woah glad your safe and im glad you got that guys plates

So im guessing the cops finally came, you told them the details and the cops went looking for him and arrested him for hit and run.
Old 03-08-09, 01:33 PM
rs/ss
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn crack heads. Glad you and your girl are safe.

When a car's involved in an accident it may be worth less upon resale or as a trade in vs one that hadn't. Most dealerships run a car fax search and I know I would before purchasing a pre-owned car. Do insurance companys also recover possible depreciation?
Old 03-08-09, 02:59 PM
VIP_ES300
Lexus Test Driver

number one thing is you and your girl are safe. hope everything works out for you man
Old 03-09-09, 05:09 PM
theSHAPE
Rookie

Originally Posted by chikken
think I might've saw you the other day, your car was park in the lot by May May's.....my dad knows the guys from Honda windward also, nice people and they do a good job, small world, just make sure they don't get over spray on your rear windshield....they're known for that.
i've seen your car a few times parked on the macy's side of windward mall.

just got off the phone with my insurance agent. he said they got nothing. could take one month to a year to maybe not even finding this guy if he doesn't have insurance or registration. i think thats rediculous. but yeah he said the longest case he worked on was 9 months cuz the guy went in to get new registration and it came up on the computer that the car was involved in a hit and run.
Old 03-09-09, 09:28 PM
4U2eNv_8o8
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by theSHAPE
just got off the phone with my insurance agent. he said they got nothing. could take one month to a year to maybe not even finding this guy if he doesn't have insurance or registration. i think thats rediculous. but yeah he said the longest case he worked on was 9 months cuz the guy went in to get new registration and it came up on the computer that the car was involved in a hit and run.
Ouch! Well....all I can say is good luck on hoping they find this guy!

Oh! And I hope this guy knows "karma is a b!tc*!"
Old 03-09-09, 10:26 PM
91terence
Driver School Candidate

hope all is safe with you and your gf.
btw similar thing happened to me. one week after i got my car, a STOLEN car trying to flee from the police sideswiped me and i had no car for a little over a month. what made it worse was the guy that stole the car tried to run away by foot. he was eventually caught and still waiting since october what happens from here. im not sure if insurance reimbursed my parents yet.

Quick Reply: MVC Fled