CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

What part of Hawaii can I visit to see VIP?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-09, 11:08 PM
BIGGZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you come to Maui,you'll be lucky if you see these cars.

and if you came in january you would've seen this

but you will most likely see alot of these.

Old 03-17-09, 11:34 PM
moo_juice
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BIGJZS147
if you come to Maui,you'll be lucky if you see these cars.

and if you came in january you would've seen this

but you will most likely see alot of these.

LOL, all those raised trucks. Thats what most of my friends drive. Raised tacomas and tundras. And then there is me with my dropped lex. I take crap from them everytime I see them for my difference in preference haha.
Old 03-18-09, 05:05 AM
Cuttooth
Lead Lap

if you're taking your gf out for a really nice dinner then some places i'd recommend.

for the food, these 2 are the best in hawaii. both have won numerous national awards. in fact, mavro's was recently named one of the top 40 restaurants in the nation by gayot.com
both are in honolulu and easily accessible by car.

Alan Wong's
Chef Mavro's

for food, this comes in a close 3rd

Le Bistro

there are many restaurants with a nice view or in a great setting but not many that have great food to go along with it...
some of the ones i like

La Mer
Aaron's
Bali by the Sea
Hoku's

the ones above have mostly have pacific rim fusion type dishes. there are some good american steak house type places but i'll bet you probably have steak places that are better than the ones here.

Hy's
Morton's
Ruth's Chris
DK's Steakhouse

the italian places i'm not going to even bother to list, italian food is a joke in hawaii

for other recommendations, try looking on yelp
http://www.yelp.com/honolulu
Old 03-18-09, 01:31 PM
tungo
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I will take all of your recommendations into consideration. I've eaten at Mortons, Ruth's Chris and many of those other chain steak restaurants. Gonna try the real Hawaiian style themed food.

Boys, the date is set. Me and the G/F will be departing from Kansas City International Airport at 8:40 CDT and arriving in Honolulu at 3 pm HST. We have a layover in Denver. The flight to Honolulu is flight #43 via United Airlines if you want to track my status.

Hope the flight attendants are as amusing as this guy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiVcnJ5iLqs

I will see you all then. As of now, I'm getting ready to take my spring break vacation and will be on my way to Dallas in 3 hours.
Old 03-18-09, 02:17 PM
moo_juice
Intermediate

honestly, some of the best "hawaiian" food will be found in a $8 plate lunch from a drive in.

A lot of the best food in Hawaii in my opinion is just from most of the different asian cultures. So if that is what you are looking for I would suggest.

Shokudo
Roy's
Mandarin
Tanaka of Tokyo
Sansei

Those are some of my favorite med to higher priced restaurants

Millions-favorite korean restaurant
Sorabol
*****et Thai
Pho Tri
Aki no no
Side Street Inn
Ige's- best local food imo and you get some live hawaiian music.

Those are some of my favorite cheaper places to eat, and maybe even better food.
Old 03-18-09, 09:25 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rather than go through this everytime we get a visitor to the islands, we should make a sticky for our visitors. "What to see & do in Hawaii" or "Places to eat, things to do in Hawaii". Anyone wanna compile something?

Just my $.02.
Old 03-22-09, 02:11 PM
tungo
Intermediate

The g/f was telling me that it's not necessary to get a car, since you can travel to almost anywhere on the island by bus. Is that true? Or am I just getting a car for convenience?
Old 03-22-09, 08:19 PM
gtfour43
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rent a car. Too many places to go to catch bus IMO. The island is bigger than you think
Old 03-23-09, 12:00 AM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by moo_juice
LOL, all those raised trucks. Thats what most of my friends drive. Raised tacomas and tundras. And then there is me with my dropped lex. I take crap from them everytime I see them for my difference in preference haha.
my girlie's used to razz me about my lifted tacoma... now, they like to ride in it!
Old 03-24-09, 09:17 AM
tungo
Intermediate

I know that Hawaii is now one of the 50 states, but to confirm, I don't need to have a passport do I?

Also, anyone know if it's even possible to rent a Honda S2K for my stay? This is the only car that I am willing to rent while I'm there. If this isn't the case, then I will just have to settle for a SMART car
Old 03-24-09, 11:04 AM
moo_juice
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tungo
I know that Hawaii is now one of the 50 states, but to confirm, I don't need to have a passport do I?

Also, anyone know if it's even possible to rent a Honda S2K for my stay? This is the only car that I am willing to rent while I'm there. If this isn't the case, then I will just have to settle for a SMART car
you wont be needing a passport. what happened to the lambo? as for hte s2k, im not quite sure where you can rent one of those if at all. I think the normal rental car places like budget, hertz, etc. mostly only carry american cars. maybe one of the more exotic car rental places rents them out, but im not sure.
Old 03-24-09, 11:08 AM
tungo
Intermediate

The Lambo is for the Miami vacation. I looked everywhere for one, and the closest thing to the S2K is a Mustang convertible. No way am I getting that.

The exotic rentals that I have researched only carry Ferrari's, Aston Martins, Vettes, Vipers etc.
Old 03-24-09, 08:11 PM
4U2eNv_8o8
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tungo
The Lambo is for the Miami vacation. I looked everywhere for one, and the closest thing to the S2K is a Mustang convertible. No way am I getting that.
LoL!!! Mustangs and the Sebring are pretty popular down here! I haven't really seen an s2k as an option before. You might have to call and see with those rentals if they ever carry such cars.
Old 03-26-09, 09:20 AM
tungo
Intermediate

I can't find anywhere to get a S2K. I guess we will have to settle for either a Smart Car or Chevrolet Aveo. This sucks
Old 03-26-09, 11:09 AM
moo_juice
Intermediate

i think the closest car to a s2k that can be rented is a nsx, but that will carry a much higher price tag.

Quick Reply: What part of Hawaii can I visit to see VIP?