CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

Whoa a thread for the Islands!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-10, 05:44 AM
"G"
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whoa a thread for the Islands!!!

I was just quickly browsing through around the CL site and I see Hawaii, and Guam. "WTF, someone actually opened up a Forum for the Islands!!!" It's Awesome to see other islanders on this Forum. Feeling kinda isolated, reading about where most other members are from. I'm a straight up Newb, in this forum and on this scene, so when I saw BIGGZ was at least from the 808, I quickly made contact, everything has been cool since.

I'm here throwing it up for Guam! Picked up a 1st Gen GS a little less then 6months ago, for about $250 semi-running. The trans was shot, rest of the car just needed some Love. Just trying to put together a simple, daily-ride that I would love. I'm pretty much doing the car myself, and I hope to at least get it on the road by the end of the month. Just a whole bunch of little problems. Any Help,Advice,or Suggestions would be much appreciated!
Old 04-09-10, 10:28 AM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the boards. Congrats on the 1GS. You should check out the GS forums. There are 3 sub-forums for each generation. You will probably find all the help you can find there. Post up in those forums so you can get help from everyone, not just us in Hawaii.
Old 04-09-10, 01:28 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah....originally, there was a Hawaii and Guam section....but later...we got our own Club Lexus of Hawaii section.

Aloha to CL and CLH.
Old 04-09-10, 01:31 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forums G and congrats on the GS. lets see some pics!
Old 04-09-10, 07:22 PM
"G"
Rookie

Thanks Guys! Yeah i'll post-up some pics soon! The "Lex" scene isn't so big out here. There are a good number of people who know about it, and just a handfull of guys who are actually into it. Thanks Again!
Old 04-10-10, 09:51 AM
sixseven1
Driver

Hafa Adai, i'm from Dededo, now leaving in kailua.
Old 04-11-10, 05:33 PM
"G"
Rookie

LOL, Hafa Adai,
How long have you been gone?
Old 04-27-10, 01:51 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome Guam peeps!!!

Hey...going off topic...but what's the latest with the Marines moving to Guam? I heard the other day the new Japan govt. finally accepted the 2006 agreement. Lots of construction going on down there?

Last edited by PHML; 04-27-10 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-01-10, 04:52 AM
"G"
Rookie

We've known about the move for several years now. I haven't seen much construction around the island, regarding the move. The other military branches, local government, local ,businesses, etc. are making all the necessary arrangements. For us locals, the concerns have kinda been put off to one side, like it's not even a big deal. Personnel of other military branches here tell us that lots of these Marines walk, talk, and act like they are "untouchable bad-asses" that's why Japan wanted them to out, IDK. All the local boys seem to be kinda anxious for them to get here, and give any, if not, the dumbest reasons to have an excuse to start ****. Guam Police Department along with Military PD/ Military Special Forces, have acknowledged, and are officialy organizing, some pretty serious collaborated security measures! Got nothing against Marines, as long as they keep away from my Lex, and respect our islands culture and it's people... I really don't give a F@#&!. HA, guess we'll find out.
Old 05-01-10, 04:29 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by "G"
We've known about the move for several years now. I haven't seen much construction around the island, regarding the move. The other military branches, local government, local ,businesses, etc. are making all the necessary arrangements. For us locals, the concerns have kinda been put off to one side, like it's not even a big deal. Personnel of other military branches here tell us that lots of these Marines walk, talk, and act like they are "untouchable bad-asses" that's why Japan wanted them to out, IDK. All the local boys seem to be kinda anxious for them to get here, and give any, if not, the dumbest reasons to have an excuse to start ****. Guam Police Department along with Military PD/ Military Special Forces, have acknowledged, and are officialy organizing, some pretty serious collaborated security measures! Got nothing against Marines, as long as they keep away from my Lex, and respect our islands culture and it's people... I really don't give a F@#&!. HA, guess we'll find out.

Im in the Coast Guard reserves and i just got a message stating that they are looking at sending 70+ reserves to guam. I also work for the coast guard as a contract network engineer so i hear alot about whats going on on a dialy basis.

I hear yah when you say you dont care just as long as the respect is there but...the fact of the matter is its going to happen just like here in hawaii. when people come from the mainland to our islands its hard for them to adjust. I see there being alot of drama between the locals and the military members no matter the branch.
Old 05-13-10, 10:05 AM
"G"
Rookie

All of the other military branches that have been established here since, ever since, have put in their time and share of "scraps". Sure there is the occasional yelling at the other dude, telling him how much of a bigger "Dumbass" he is, at 4am, outside a Club or Bar! All while attempting to show the anxious spectators around you, that your a BAD MO-FU#%&, at 30ft. Don't forget the boys and Oh, the occasional Girlfriend half the dudes size, able to physically hold him back
Truth is, Locals and Military Personnel, IMO have been pretty "chill" for a long while. Seems like there has been an unspoken truce between sides. Last MAJOR confrontation I remember was roughly a little over a decade ago, and ended in Trajedy.
Coincedentlly, two Marines got into some bull**** with a Local Man and his Wife at some Bar. Not too long after, a Taxicab, along with the driver, and the same two Marines, were enroute back to their hotel. A few minutes away from their destination, the Taxicab along with the 3 individuals inside, had been forced to stop by several "coordinated" vehicles, as part of what some would label as an execution. I'm hopeing nothing ever escalates anywhere near that. I hope they pickup the "islandstyle" before they even have a chance to settle in. Schools of Big Fishes in a Little *** ****in Pond!