weesped
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what todd said
Old 06-04-10, 12:34 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tell people about the ceramic front, but i tell people to go to Al's. Excellent work, great service.
Old 06-06-10, 02:49 AM
blkis_250
Pole Position

yea, i've gotten ceramic tint the first day i bought my car, but failed to grab the windshield tint when they offered it. too expensive...hows the pricing at Al's? or better yet, whats their contact info? if they're cheaper than TnT which im sure they are, ill head over there asap, since i have a little extra cash on the side right now.

lol and thanks chrisyano. just looking out for fellow CLH members.

nevermind, i just googled it, kinda far drive for me...

Last edited by blkis_250; 06-06-10 at 04:20 AM.
Old 06-08-10, 03:17 PM
chrisyano
Lead Lap

Is Al's work that much better than TnT? I've had TnT do the last two cars of mine with their best film, only to have some small bubbles here and there. Not the end of the world, but I remember hearing that Al's charges more but only puts out PERFECT tint jobs. Not sure if this is true or not.

If it is, I'm considering stripping my TnT ceramic and redoing it with Al's ceramic + windshield.

Also, any thoughts on clear vs. 70% for windshield?
Old 06-08-10, 03:56 PM
blkis_250
Pole Position

i dont like T&T..it was expensive and they didnt do such a great job on those two small rear windows...i inspected their work closely and found a lot of leftover residue...im just gonna go with tintwerks near ala moana. i took my altima coupe there and they did a superb job. and it didnt take them 4 hours to get my car back to me like T&T. 30 min and i was outta there.

im gonna get ceramic tint since the rest of my car is ceramic already. going with the 70% so i can get a darker color on it. i figure its legal so why not go as dark as possible right?
Old 06-09-10, 12:23 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i dont know about you young'ns but i remember TNT from the bad old days... they suxed, tint would last a yr then it'd get major wrinkles in it, so bad that you couldnt see out of the glass AT ALL... i'm sure they've come along way since then but~ i haven't forgotten so i'll never take any of my cars there...
Old 06-09-10, 12:50 AM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by blkis_250
im gonna get ceramic tint since the rest of my car is ceramic already. going with the 70% so i can get a darker color on it. i figure its legal so why not go as dark as possible right?
Windshields already meter 80. 70 on 80 would still be illegal. If the shop insists on it being legal, make sure you get a receipt and ask them to meter it before you leave.
Old 06-09-10, 03:43 PM
blkis_250
Pole Position

yea i did. they didnt meter it but i got a receipt from them. pretty good. i felt an immediate difference in interior temperature. kinda foggy tho but that should go away as the tint drys on. all in all it was a very good investment.

and to answer your question chikken, it is completely legal now. as long as the windshield meters 70% or above. there is no leeway for the percentage tho so it can only be more than or equal to 70%.

Last edited by blkis_250; 06-09-10 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-23-10, 05:37 PM
Deros
Driver

First thanks for all the great post. It help me a more educated choice. I am old and didn't know about the other type of tint (metallic and ceramic).

Anyway, I went with the ceramic all the way around, including the front window. I am truly amazed how much heat rejection ceramic provides. My wife was so impressed, after four years with no tints, she tinted her GX470 (all the way around).

Just as a note, I used TnT. So far I have no issues with there quality of work. Their price? Maybe I am just in a different tax bracket, but it was acceptable to me. According to the warranty, if their is any bubbles or fading, they will redo it for free.

Deros
Old 06-23-10, 09:22 PM
UnLucky7
Driver School Candidate

yeah i went with ceramic tint on my blk/blk 2is and it makes a big difference
i went to protint in kalihi, however his tint is expensive but he gives lifetime warranty even if i burn it from smoking
Old 06-24-10, 12:10 PM
blkis_250
Pole Position

lol i feel happy for starting this thread its helping out all these clh members!!
Old 07-01-10, 07:50 PM
chrisyano
Lead Lap

Update:

Had the ceramic clear installed on my car. It is money well spent. Keeps the car a fair bit cooler even in direct sunlight and blocks damaging UV.

I recommend you get this if you are on the fence.
Old 07-27-10, 06:19 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisyano
Update:

Had the ceramic clear installed on my car. It is money well spent. Keeps the car a fair bit cooler even in direct sunlight and blocks damaging UV.

I recommend you get this if you are on the fence.
Where did you get yours done?
Old 07-27-10, 08:27 PM
chrisyano
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by HiloDB1
Where did you get yours done?
I ended up going back to TnT. Thanks to Larry(?) for mentioning warranty work because they redid my rear vents.
Old 08-24-10, 11:48 PM
808IS
Driver School Candidate

Does anybody who did this think that the clear ceramic looks kind of foggy/hazy when driving directly into the sun? It seems to create more glare when facing the sun. I'm not sure if it's because it still needs time to dry. I just had Huper Optik put on this past Saturday. I hope it clears up. Other than that...I feel a pretty big difference with less heat.

Quick Reply: yes or no?