yes or no?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-10, 05:56 PM
blkis_250
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default yes or no?

http://www.tnttinting.com/

this particular windshield tint is finally legal. i got quoted $191.25.
thoughts on this? it'd be nice to finally have all around heat/UV protection
Old 06-01-10, 01:31 AM
steezy
Lexus Test Driver

you know, thats not such a bad idea. traveling to revision and back to ewa in traffic is killer in the sun. i think i might do this, but kinda pricey. auto trim does the same for cheaper i think.
Old 06-01-10, 01:36 AM
Cuttooth
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i guess it depends if you want that air blue tint or another type of ceramic tint. there are shops that are doing ceramic for about $125 - $140

also make sure the shop tests to see if your windshield comes tinted from the factory. the new tint might make it drop below the 70% threshold.
Old 06-01-10, 01:48 AM
mild_se7en
Rookie

i got it. there is noticeable distortion right after the installation, but it does diminish as the tint completely dries out. the car also seems to cool off faster after being parked in the sun. from outside the car you can tell that there is some sort of tint on the front but it doesn't scream pull me over. i would recommend it, hope this helps. the weird thing is that TNT put this on my car last year but i guess it's legal only now.
Old 06-02-10, 06:38 PM
blkis_250
Pole Position

wait, im confused now, am i correct when in thinking that the new law allows tint so long as its above 70%? so i dont technically have to go with T&T's expensive pricing?

and yea mildse7en, i actually called them up, turns out they installed it onto many cars thinking it was legal at the time but they got in trouble for it because of the law so they stopped offering it. its all good now tho.

and yea justin, you should get it, driving in from ewa's gotta be horrible in your car.
Old 06-02-10, 07:06 PM
TRD MCV20L
Rookie

Don't do it man. That tint isn't so great as it doesn't block out much heat or if any at all. I was at AL's Tinting today and they were pulling that tint off of a car because the owner didn't feel a difference.
Old 06-02-10, 07:07 PM
TRD MCV20L
Rookie

Originally Posted by blkis_250
wait, im confused now, am i correct when in thinking that the new law allows tint so long as its above 70%?
Correct. As long as the front windshield meters 70% or higher, it is now legal.
Old 06-02-10, 11:09 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TRD MCV20L
Don't do it man. That tint isn't so great as it doesn't block out much heat or if any at all. I was at AL's Tinting today and they were pulling that tint off of a car because the owner didn't feel a difference.
well we really cant beat the heat here... and as for 'the guy'~ i wouldnt trust the word of someone who pays someone else to take tint off... but... i would think for guys making the eva runs it would at least help cut the glare. 70%+ is better than nothing.
Old 06-03-10, 04:13 AM
weesped
Lexus Champion

ive had it on mine for awhile now. worth it, car gets less hot than when i used to put a sunshade on. and cools off fast, get it.
Old 06-03-10, 11:06 AM
blkis_250
Pole Position

so my question now is which should i go with? air blue or ceramic?
i'd rather not pay almost $200 to tint my front windshield when im sure i could get ceramic tint for half that.

oh and i broke my sideview folding mirror...you guys think it'll be covered under warranty? i checked it out myself and it seems like the spring that holds the assembly together and allows it to fold snapped...

so i just called servco...anyone wanna lend me $600? :'(

Last edited by blkis_250; 06-03-10 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-03-10, 11:58 AM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Ceramic tint will block out alot (if not all) UV rays. It also allows for the interior to cool down alot faster. I have ceramic all around in both my cars and notice a huge difference.

If you're even considering ceramic, you should do everything, including windshield (even if its clear). Windshield is the largest area of glass and is where most of the heat comes in. No sense in putting ceramic if you're not gonna do the windshield.

Just my $.02.
Old 06-03-10, 12:53 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tod071
Ceramic tint will block out alot (if not all) UV rays. It also allows for the interior to cool down alot faster. I have ceramic all around in both my cars and notice a huge difference.

If you're even considering ceramic, you should do everything, including windshield (even if its clear). Windshield is the largest area of glass and is where most of the heat comes in. No sense in putting ceramic if you're not gonna do the windshield.

Just my $.02.
great info, thanks Todd
Old 06-03-10, 01:36 PM
chrisyano
Lead Lap

Well if Todd approves, I'm sold. I almost did it when TnT announced it last year, but got sidetracked.

I'm going to do it this time, though.
Old 06-03-10, 02:50 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisyano
Well if Todd approves, I'm sold. I almost did it when TnT announced it last year, but got sidetracked.

I'm going to do it this time, though.
a buddy of mine who drives a genesis coupe had this done and noticed a HUGE difference. when i have the time, im going to get this done too. SUMMER TIME is upon us!
Old 06-03-10, 03:04 PM
chrisyano
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by fknISC808
a buddy of mine who drives a genesis coupe had this done and noticed a HUGE difference. when i have the time, im going to get this done too. SUMMER TIME is upon us!
Haha. More encouragement. Kudos to blk_is250 for starting this thread.

Quick Reply: yes or no?