CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

Hit and run,

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-10, 05:20 PM
hawaiidude
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hit and run,

Last night while i was eating dinner at zippy's with my girlfriend. Someone approach me saying a lady with a F150 hit my gs and ran. So i came to the car to see the damage and oh my god! my back bumper cracked, tail lights are shifted upwards , frame is dented in pretty bad. But luckily my witness wrote down his license plates for me and describe the person driving it, found out it was the samoan family eating in zippys by me so i asked the manager if i could see their bill, and bam!! they paid by credit card so i took down their first initial and last name and reported the licenses plate, car color, and name to the police. What are the chances of them getting away from this crime?

My question is now... whats gonna happen?
what if i dont catch this guy?
would insurance cover aftermarket bumpers?
how long would this take to process because i have the hella show coming up :[
Old 07-09-10, 06:16 PM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

i hope, you made a police report... the city will probably give them a ticket for the hit and run! umm, tell the officer that you want to prosecute... call your insurance and give them the police report number... they'll take over from there! that's why we pay big bucks to them insurance companies... to do all the dirty work!
Old 07-09-10, 06:25 PM
theSHAPE
Rookie

here's what happened with my situation. guy hits my car with his f-150(what a coincedence)... he takes off. i chase him down and gets his plates. after months of going back and forth with the prosecutors and police and all that... the guy gets away with it. for one reason... i couldn't identify who was actually driving the vehicle. but i guess when he realized he escaped any kind of punishment he must've confessed to his insurance company because they paid for all my damage.
Old 07-09-10, 06:44 PM
noku
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hawaiidude
Last night while i was eating dinner at zippy's with my girlfriend. Someone approach me saying a lady with a F150 hit my gs and ran. So i came to the car to see the damage and oh my god! my back bumper cracked, tail lights are shifted upwards , frame is dented in pretty bad. But luckily my witness wrote down his license plates for me and describe the person driving it, found out it was the samoan family eating in zippys by me so i asked the manager if i could see their bill, and bam!! they paid by credit card so i took down their first initial and last name and reported the licenses plate, car color, and name to the police. What are the chances of them getting away from this crime?

My question is now... whats gonna happen?
what if i dont catch this guy?
would insurance cover aftermarket bumpers?
how long would this take to process because i have the hella show coming up :[
My wife was accused once in a similar situation. Car make, license plate number was hers but the color of the car was wrong (white instead of silver). We had to go down to the police station (main one on Beretania St.) with our car to have it inspected for damages. Since there was none we got off the hook. Witness said that it happened at K-Mart parking lot and I told the cop "My wife has never been to K-Mart in her life and I wished she would shop there, that would save me some money." All in all I think that HPD did a pretty good job in following up on the incident even though we were the accused and innocent.

Which Zippy's were you at, Pearl City? I hate their parking lot.

Hope they had insurance or else you gonna lose your deductible. Might try to take them to court but even that not guarantee. You know over here the crooks always end up with the upper hand. GOOD LUCK
Old 07-10-10, 12:09 AM
hawaiidude
Pole Position

damn this suck, i wonder if insurance cover a aftermarket bumper tho?
Old 07-10-10, 02:46 AM
ronricorum
Pole Position

i doubt it. i think you have to pay extra for that option. correct me if i am wrong.
Old 07-10-10, 03:29 AM
hawaiidude
Pole Position

i wouldnt mind buying a new bumper, just hope they would pay for the paint -__- ill post up the damage later
Old 07-10-10, 01:56 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry to hear about that man. I had a hit and run happen but luckily he was caught. I hope things work out for you.
Old 07-10-10, 11:51 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

wow...sucks it happened to you.

i hope your witness is willing to testify on your behalf....esp if the driver contests it.
Old 07-11-10, 02:46 PM
hawaiidude
Pole Position

thanks guys :[
Old 07-12-10, 01:26 AM
VIP_ES300
Lexus Test Driver

hope everything goes in your favor. the main thing is that no one was hurt.