New member - haven't bought a Lexus yet - have some questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-10, 10:28 PM
HISI808
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member - haven't bought a Lexus yet - have some questions

Hello all,

Looking to purchase my first Lexus. Just wondering which sales consultant I should talk to that is straightforward and will not give me the run around (hate all the back and forth between their floor managers).

Trying to pick up an IS250 before the Golden Opportunity event ends July 31st. Supposedly you can get an IS250 @ 0% APY for 48 months. My credit is really good (FICO 800+) so I should qualify.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-20-10, 10:40 PM
HISI808
Driver School Candidate

Oh forgot to see what price OTD should I be shooting for?

Truecar says a good deal is less than $34k (excluding TTL fees)

Think I can get it for possibly $33k OTD?

http://www.truecar.com/Lexus/IS_250/...&zipcode=96821

The only option that I want is HID's but unfortunately you have to buy one of those packages. I think package B is the lowest costing package that includes HID's but it also comes with 18" alloy wheels and parking assist. Things I don't really need. Probably replace the rims when my tires need replacing.
Old 07-21-10, 12:25 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ok... heres one thing to know, go in with the assumption that the salesman knows nothing about cars, only that they know how to 'sell', know what you want and know what you dont need... as it is a base lexus usually is loaded already... ask what they have in stock with HID and your color choice int and ext and go from there... 'hi im looking for a black is250 with black int with HID, what do you have?'

i bought my car from Sandy and others bought their car from Roy... as for the price you'll pay~ well it'll be too much cuz we only have servco here so~ good luck , get a xpackage car if you can, has alot of goodies for a minimal bump in price
Old 07-21-10, 01:44 AM
Deros
Driver

Well, I bought both my Lexus from Gordon. However, llamaboiz is right, that you should go in there with what you want. Honestly Gordon had it easy because he did not need to sell me the car, just give me the price I wanted. I went in there with a price in mind for the option I wanted (did my research before hand). BTW, Servco only puts certain options already in their IS. Not sure if you can change it, i.e special order the options you want. However, you have a better chance of bargaining if you buy what they have on the lot. You can bargain. I bought both cars, in there lot, for Bluebook/Truevalue if not lower, for the option it had. The price will be above invoice but below MSRP. I have a feeling they track sites like the above mentioned. Bargaining only took 20-30 min. BTW I did do my shopping, both times, 30 min before they closed. Trust me, if they think they have a sale, they will stay open. Also buying at the last week of the month maybe a good idea to get a good price. Unless you are willing to wait until OCT/NOV and buy a 2010 vs a 2011. I bought my 2006 GX like that and got invoice price. You will be limited to what they have, which may not be what you want. I was lucky, I got what I wanted.

This is the link on how they pre-configure there IS: http://www.servcolexushonolulu.com/D...s&view=pricing

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Deros; 07-21-10 at 01:54 AM.
Old 07-21-10, 06:30 AM
Fastmensch
Driver School Candidate

Sandy is great...
Old 07-21-10, 10:32 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Deros
This is the link on how they pre-configure there IS: http://www.servcolexushonolulu.com/D...s&view=pricing
oh wow... no more Xpackage and the package prices~ 2k for a almost nothing package and next step up is 5k???

Originally Posted by Fastmensch
Sandy is great...
yep should i buy another lexus, i'll be seeing her again.

HISI808, everyone tries to get as little options out the door so the cars overall price will be cheeper... thing is, if your gonna finance it over X yrs how much more per month would the 5k package cost you... just something to think about.

*edit* OR... get the B one and when you goto see your credit union afterwards ask for 3k more that way you can do alittle modding

Last edited by llamaboiz; 07-21-10 at 10:39 AM.
Old 07-21-10, 12:20 PM
HISI808
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
oh wow... no more Xpackage and the package prices~ 2k for a almost nothing package and next step up is 5k???

yep should i buy another lexus, i'll be seeing her again.

HISI808, everyone tries to get as little options out the door so the cars overall price will be cheeper... thing is, if your gonna finance it over X yrs how much more per month would the 5k package cost you... just something to think about.

*edit* OR... get the B one and when you goto see your credit union afterwards ask for 3k more that way you can do alittle modding
Yeah, they did away with the Xpac. I think before the Xpac included the sunroof, but since that's standard now...

depending on what they have in stock, I might have to jump to the $5k package.

Since the Golden Opportunity event is through Lexus I will probably have to finance with them to get the 0% APR.

I'll see if I can set up an appointment with Sandy.
Old 07-21-10, 03:56 PM
TrendyTodd
Lexus Test Driver

Talk to Brady. He actually knows the cars. Ive bought 2 cars and sent a referral to him.