CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

Any recommendations for those visiting Hawaii...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-10, 09:23 PM
dAng_bAy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cuttooth
another place that has a pretty good loco moco is Da Kitchen, if you go there, also try the mahi tempura. portions are HUGE

http://www.yelp.com/biz/da-kitchen-cafe-honolulu
just ate the loco moco over there... I would have to say it's good for the 2 loco mocos i've eaten in my life so far... 1st was at L&L, and Da Kitchen is my second. I felt like a total fata$$, decided to skip the bus ride and walk all the way back to the hotel... hahaha...

Cute waitresses out there, that's for sure... Big portion, you wasn't joking... I f'd myself up by ordering Chicken Katsu with it thinking it was just an order of few pieces of chicken strips, then it came with 2 scoops of rice and potato mac salad just like my loco moco... hahaha

I can't see any one eating a loco moco once a week, a month, or even a year... I would have to say even if it's good, wow!, i think it's good only to try it once...
Old 08-07-10, 01:41 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

dang, sounds like your having a good time here. seen alot of posts in the spotted thread. yeah i ate at "da kitchen" for the first time last week. that place gives HUGE portions! have a safe trip back to TX
Old 08-09-10, 02:06 PM
dAng_bAy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mahalo to every one for the recommendations...! Sansei is good sushi, average price for good grade sushi too... Went to the da big kahuna, food wasn't that great... the guy outside that tries to convince people to come in, even saying the da big kahuna burger was the one mentioned in pulp fiction, never tried it it though, but would figure they would mention pulp fiction on the menu followed by a trademark... So i suppose it's authenticity isn't real... hahaha

Didn't go clubbing however, there was enough drunk people on the streets to entertain you... Gonna have to go again, next time with an entourage...

Went back to the Da Kitchen twice... hahaha... this time I had their saimin, which I really liked... the waitresses recognized me from the last visit, should had gotten some numbers... hahaha

Last edited by dAng_bAy; 08-09-10 at 02:10 PM.