CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

CLH Photoshoot Meet 8/14

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-10, 10:54 PM
Ehjay
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CLH Photoshoot Meet 8/14 *SUCESS, Cheee FKN Hooo!!!*

This is my first time organizing a meet, so I hope it gets a good turnout.

Ok, if you have been paying attention to the Saturday Night Starbucks thread then you do know that this saturdays Starbucks meet is canceled due to Llama already having made plans. Well, i know for sure im gonna be extremely bored on saturday since my GF is in Washington for a wedding, my Xbox is in Texas for repairs, and my parents are going to some filipino party to hang with people not my age. So I decided to organize a photoshoot meet for those in the CLH community that want pics of their cars at night.

Who: Club Lexus Hawaii
What: Photoshoot/Hang/A little bit of cruising
Where: Meet at Pearl City Starbucks from there we all can decide where we wanna go to take pics. (I do have ideas in mind)
When: 8PM, Saturday 8/14/10. Roll out to destinations around 8:45
Why: Because im bored

Please Note* I am in no way a perfessional photographer. All I use is a 10 megapixel Nikon DSLR and a tripod. If you have a camera yourself please bring it along!

The type of photos im looking to shoot arnt of cars all bunched together. Im not hating or anything, its just that I like to focus on one car alone at a time. I like having just a single subject to play with, maybe 2 or 3 at most, but having just a row of cars to shoot is kind of a pain for me since trying to get angles of a certain car is almost out of the question.

Heres some pictures I took for friends and other CLH members.

Most importantly, come out and just have fun! If we have a good time this Saturday night, I’ll be sure to make another one in the future.

Last edited by Ehjay; 08-15-10 at 04:10 AM.
Old 08-13-10, 01:06 AM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks man for setting this up...may be i can stop by after the family dinner on sat.
Old 08-13-10, 01:55 AM
steezy
Lexus Test Driver

im down for this! cheee.
Old 08-13-10, 07:31 AM
Cuttooth
Lead Lap

nice shots!, i really like the one with the vw

i'm planning on being there.
Old 08-13-10, 04:14 PM
gkkid808
Pole Position

sounds like a plan.....
Old 08-13-10, 06:07 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Damn going to be on a plane to Hilo tomorrow night. Guess I gotta catch the next one.
Old 08-14-10, 12:49 AM
ohmarvin
Pole Position

sounds great! ill be there.
Old 08-14-10, 02:45 AM
Ehjay
Lexus Test Driver

nice to see the good feedback im getting so far for this. have a safe flight to Hilo, HiloDB1, sure thing that there will be a next one.

ok guys heres the two places i was thinking of taking pictures.
1. pearlridge parking parking structure that connects to the downtown side and is across the parking lot from Borders. the security over there is pretty chill so long as you tell them what your doing and its not illegal it should be all good. the lighting over there is freaking cherry, bright and nicely evened.

2. pier 35. this is the pier across from bestbuy and costco on the way to ward/ala moana. this is also the pier where cars n coffee is held. security is pretty much chill as well, i drove by the other night and alot of people were just standing around just talking story. the boats in the area give a nice eerie lighting. this is also the same place where i took pictures of Ikaika's ISC which is seen above but at night its really beatiful.

*If you guys have any other ideas please do input. i like creativity so if you think something will work then lets check it out!
Old 08-14-10, 05:31 AM
k0shi
Driver

ugh i friggin pissed! so my gf told me we have a damn bday to go to jay u avail for a private shoot on sunday? some guys on the slammed thread on myis is askin for pics lol lmk txt me tenkz
Old 08-14-10, 04:27 PM
Ehjay
Lexus Test Driver

sunday? what time? im pretty much off the whole day since i dont work. lol. just lmk! i love taking pictures.
Old 08-14-10, 05:00 PM
gkkid808
Pole Position

hey J... can you pm me your number and are we going anywhere after that? and Koshi...how low are you? and what kind of coils you got? im runnin the (little grren guy)-CS now and im only half way down but kind of low...how low u wanna go?
Old 08-14-10, 05:22 PM
blkis_250
Pole Position

gee i wonder who that black 2IS is??

thats a beautiful picture jay, you got anymore? my friend in LA is dying for some nice pics of my car.
Old 08-14-10, 09:20 PM
Cuttooth
Lead Lap

not sure i can make it to starbucks at 8, i could probably meet you guys at one of the photo spots.
Old 08-15-10, 04:09 AM
Ehjay
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by blkis_250
gee i wonder who that black 2IS is??

thats a beautiful picture jay, you got anymore? my friend in LA is dying for some nice pics of my car.
heres the last two i got.

Thank you a whole bunch to the people who showed up tonight! we had a decent meet, 6 cars, which was better than i hoped it would be since this was on such short notice. I will definately organize another meet in the future for those who couldnt come tonight. and speaking of which, there were a few of you who PM'd me to call or text you when we hit certain spots. I am really sorry that i didnt reply back to you in time. I left the house before checking CLH again.

*I will be making another thread for pictures so hold tight! gimme a couple days because im gonna try a new processing technique.
Old 08-15-10, 04:45 AM
k0shi
Driver

Originally Posted by gkkid808
hey J... can you pm me your number and are we going anywhere after that? and Koshi...how low are you? and what kind of coils you got? im runnin the (little grren guy)-CS now and im only half way down but kind of low...how low u wanna go?
im low enough to just barely touch the lane dots when i change lanes(manapua lookin things) lol im on JIC's not quite half way down. its kinda weird cuz garantee if i even wen 3/4 ways down i wouldnt even be able to move lol im barely driveable now

Quick Reply: CLH Photoshoot Meet 8/14