CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

Wrenchfest 808.. Can we make it happen?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-11 | 01:05 AM
beez43
Pole Position

Default Wrenchfest 808.. Can we make it happen?

While I was both here in Hawaii and out there on the east coast, there would be a bunch of members who were quite handy and knowledgeable on modding their cars ranging from tasks as easy as changing out bulbs to installing air suspension or coilovers. I want to see if we can start something like this up again. I remember the OG's like Pete (PHML) or Dr. Ricky giving me a ton of advice and help in getting certain things done on our cars.. Sorry for leaving others out, they were just examples..

I have no idea what had happened since I left but it seems like nobody really likes messing with their rides themselves.. I would just at least like to extend my vague knowledge since I been through 2 gs generations of modding and know how to do certain things although not all of them has been successful. Suspension work, exhaust, headers, led lights, undercarriage lights, navi hack on my 3rd gen, air runner system install, vaistech install, painting the bezel in our headlights, switching the lenses on the projectors to tsx clear lenses, HID fogs...

Write-ups are all available on the forum and I would not be nowhere near as able if it wasnt for this forum and the helpful members on it. For those that are interested in modding or do have certain things planned, we should try to pitch in or do what it takes to help everyone step their game up.. The reasons I like to do as much as I can myself is that I like to know how it is done so if something goes wrong, I can fix it and also it costs money to have things done.. Anyhow just throwing this out there to see if anyone might have similar thoughts.. We need to reinvigorate the activity here on the forums and reassemble the team!
Old 01-10-11 | 10:02 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Dayam...Im an OG now?!?!?! LMAO!!!

Yes...it was good times in the past...mainly pimplux and X|K times....and I think I was the only one rocking the old school CL sticker.

Having modding days was cool....we had a bunch of guys learning to do suspension swaps, etc...and the learning part was the key!!!

We even had detailing nights before a car show in my garage...LOL!!! Crazy times!!!

To each their own. If someone can afford paying a shop to install for them...that's their kuliana.

Im like you albert...I like to mod myself....and can chat/share my experiences on this forum.
Old 01-10-11 | 12:06 PM
teamplayer
Lead Lap

I'll help Albert in exchange for some man love. LOL.

I'm down to help a brutha out.
Old 01-10-11 | 12:50 PM
k0shi
Driver

Originally Posted by beez43

it seems like nobody really likes messing with their rides themselves..
this is true
Old 01-10-11 | 01:27 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Would be nice. I have no issues working on my own car except I have no facility here on Oahu to do so. Im from Hilo and all my tools and stuff are back on the big island. I only have real basic stuff up here and no place to wrench. So I would love to do something like this.
Old 01-10-11 | 05:32 PM
beez43
Pole Position

well let any of us know what you might need and im sure someone here has got it.. I got enough tools to share but this is a community where everyone looks out for one another.. Modding is more fun to me than enjoying it..
Old 01-10-11 | 10:24 PM
AAHawaii07
Pole Position

Yes make this happen!
Old 01-10-11 | 11:45 PM
beez43
Pole Position

maybe people need to post up what sort of stuff they need to get done on their rides and we can all pitch in..
Old 01-11-11 | 12:42 AM
k0shi
Driver

the only thing i CANT do or dont have hook ups on is paint. i need my front bumper and hood sprayed lol.
Old 01-11-11 | 04:22 AM
teamplayer
Lead Lap

I can't state what I do, in case there's a "narc" surfing this forum and would possibly turn my *** in. I could get in serious trouble. But people that know me, know what I do and what I can do.
Old 01-11-11 | 04:47 AM
beez43
Pole Position

you forgot to add no homo neil...
Old 01-11-11 | 09:08 AM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Ive been wanting to do my brakes on my LS. Everything is making noise and it bothers me. Also wanted to check the undercarriage and suspension since I hear some odd sounds every once in a while.
Old 01-11-11 | 12:03 PM
teamplayer
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by beez43
you forgot to add no homo neil...
No. I didn't forget.
Old 01-11-11 | 12:09 PM
masterchri
Pole Position

I dont have much to offer but I worked for a shop for 4 years which I specialized in tint, sounds, and alarms. Wish I could learn to do air runner (yeah I know its pretty much bolt on) but Im a total noob when it comes to anything else about the car. I don;t mind having a shop do it but like Al said, if something breaks, at least I would know how to fix it.
Old 01-11-11 | 12:14 PM
96817isf
Lexus Test Driver

im usually known as the engine guy but i dunno been out of the scene for a while but ill lend a hand if ne one needs...plus i just got a talent for installing ****.. i do all my work myself just not body work.. don't got the eye for that...lol

Quick Reply: Wrenchfest 808.. Can we make it happen?