CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

Tinting issues!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-12, 06:33 PM
Landon4010
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Tinting issues!!!

Sup guys. Any of you, when first purchasing your car at Lexus, did the tint package? I ask because i did, -and- , its messin me up. Couple days after the tint was done, my wife noticed on the rear passenger/drivers side that there was this protrusion on the leather panel (below the window, above the door handle, towards the center). Now this is the interior, nothing on the outside. I brought it to Lexus today and the Finance guy took it back to TnT and they we're saying that after inspections after the install, it was all clear. The finance guy was saying that even the smallest scratches, they would write it up in the inspection, but this damage is quite significant. I even spoke with the general manager guy and he said because it was a "done deal, couple days after the tint" that he's not able to really help me out. He said the panel just doesn't come in one replaceable piece, but they would have to order the whole set to replace it, and they don't have the money set aside for that.

They will however send a fixer upper guy named Norman to do a mobile inspection on the damage to evaluate whether he can work on it or not. The manager said he can pay for that service if Norman can work on it, but he said it won't look perfect or like nothing happened.

Sorry guys, this is getting longer than expected. Im just venting in a way. Let me know if you guys can shed some insight in this matter. If you guys wanna see pix, i can try to upload something. *Wooo Saaah*
Old 02-20-12, 10:43 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

thats unacceptable, take it back to the dealership and tell them to fix it... AND of course they'll say 'it was fine when it left the shop' Why should you have to pay for someone else's mistake?
Old 02-20-12, 11:18 PM
96817isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would ***** and complain till they fix it...sorry i would love to help but im currently in the process of helping out my moms car since the service manager is a A$$ im goin throuhg alan the gm/friend of mine...
Old 02-20-12, 11:38 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

post up some pix...wanna see the damage in question.

also, post pix of the other door panel so we can compare...thx.
Old 02-21-12, 01:11 AM
Landon4010
Driver School Candidate

yeah its frustrating. i was thinkin because i'm first time buyer and all, they going try see if they can slip away without having to pay for the damages. hey 'PHML', i was talkin to my friend Linus, & he said you guys homies =) anyway, i going put up some pictures tomorrow.

thanx guys
Old 02-21-12, 12:52 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Originally Posted by Landon4010
yeah its frustrating. i was thinkin because i'm first time buyer and all, they going try see if they can slip away without having to pay for the damages. hey 'PHML', i was talkin to my friend Linus, & he said you guys homies =) anyway, i going put up some pictures tomorrow.

thanx guys
Cool...you know Linus too? I haven't seen him in ages....tell him I said...WASSUP?!

Pete
Old 02-27-12, 05:13 PM
Deros
Driver

Originally Posted by Landon4010
Sup guys. Any of you, when first purchasing your car at Lexus, did the tint package? I ask because i did, -and- , its messin me up. Couple days after the tint was done, my wife noticed on the rear passenger/drivers side that there was this protrusion on the leather panel (below the window, above the door handle, towards the center). Now this is the interior, nothing on the outside. I brought it to Lexus today and the Finance guy took it back to TnT and they we're saying that after inspections after the install, it was all clear. The finance guy was saying that even the smallest scratches, they would write it up in the inspection, but this damage is quite significant. I even spoke with the general manager guy and he said because it was a "done deal, couple days after the tint" that he's not able to really help me out. He said the panel just doesn't come in one replaceable piece, but they would have to order the whole set to replace it, and they don't have the money set aside for that.

They will however send a fixer upper guy named Norman to do a mobile inspection on the damage to evaluate whether he can work on it or not. The manager said he can pay for that service if Norman can work on it, but he said it won't look perfect or like nothing happened.

Sorry guys, this is getting longer than expected. Im just venting in a way. Let me know if you guys can shed some insight in this matter. If you guys wanna see pix, i can try to upload something. *Wooo Saaah*
Do you remember the General Managers name (the only one I know is Alan Young)? I have talked to the General Manager a few times and it doesn't seem like he would say he couldn't help. Also this is my 2cents. 1. If one of their subcontractors damaged your car, then they are responsible to fix it. It is Lexus problem to have their subcontractor reimburse them. 2. If the issue is not because of the subcontractor, then it must be a defect. If it is a defect, then the car should be still under warranty and Lexus should fix it. B.S. that they don't have the money. They have the money, they just don't want to pay for it. 3. If you just don't want to fight about it, then call you insurance and see if they will pay to fix it. Depending on your deductible it may still cost you a pretty penny.

Once I found out that TNT was the tinting place, I decline the service and went straight to TNT. I am glad I did because I learn that there are different types of tinting. i.e I bought the ceramic tinting to cut down on the heat, to include the front window ceramic tinting. Only paid $400 for the whole car. It seemed like a lot but I think it was worth it.

Hope everything works out.
Old 02-28-12, 02:54 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

OK....where r the pix?
Old 03-02-12, 12:19 AM
Landon4010
Driver School Candidate

Deros - thanx for the reply. Alan sounds familiar, tall skinny chinese accent guy i think. Well, it was a GM that told me about the uncertainty of the fix and costs coverage. It all jus sounded fake to me. I'm still in limbo w/ Lexus on the next steps to be taken. That 'door to door' repair man they like to use still hasn't seen my car, and it looks like their prolonging the situation (a lot of delayed responses on their end). The finance guy even said that he needed to check on the pricing for one of the parts - Ha? I ain't gonna spend a penny on someone else's carelessness. I'll see what next steps i can take with these futs.

PHML - okay i promise, sometime this weekend. I gotta pickup my license plate, maybe i can go wreck some havok then...
Old 03-03-12, 08:21 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

btw...who is this tint vendor that does work for Servco Lexus?
Old 03-03-12, 11:11 PM
Landon4010
Driver School Candidate

its TnT. I'm going to Servco tomorrow and let the '***** hit the fan'
Old 03-04-12, 01:56 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

remind them....pursuit of perfection....not in your case.

to be honest, you shouldn't have accepted the car in that condition...leave it there, and tell them you will stop payment.

thats not right.

btw...i planning to get my car tinted this week....not with T&T...lol.
Old 03-05-12, 11:15 PM
Landon4010
Driver School Candidate

damn, tried upload pix, but my image to big!
Old 03-06-12, 08:05 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PHML
Cool...you know Linus too? I haven't seen him in ages....tell him I said...WASSUP?!

Pete
Speaking of Linus, I just ran into his wife the other day. Haven't seen Linus since our last PimpLux Anniversary lunch in 2010 I think it was.

Pics of the damage will go a long way. I'm wondering what the damage looks like myself. hard to imagine the tint shot messing up the door panel, but you never know.
Old 03-10-12, 03:42 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Just did my tints this past week...at Tint Zone...cant beat the price and speed (done in 1 hour) and the quality product/workmanship. Patrick Kim is the owner...he charges everyone based on the work...not by the car you drive. So a Lexus or BMW owner wont get charge more than a Honda owner for the same work....cool!!

Quick Reply: Tinting issues!!!