CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Fix it ticket (No license plate / tint)

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-04, 08:35 AM
MRLEXO
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear that they can't just pull you over for license plate and tint. Well, it's supposed to be two things or somethign like that. Be careful because sometimes they'll ask you "what do you think I pulled you over for?" And you'll end up ratting your self out.
Old 08-03-04, 09:01 AM
ntran18
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by MRLEXO
Be careful because sometimes they'll ask you "what do you think I pulled you over for?"
And don't EVER take a guess. I have had many friends who took their offer to let you guess.

Last edited by ntran18; 08-03-04 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-03-04, 09:15 AM
MRLEXO
Lead Lap

Originally posted by ntran18
And don't EVER take a guess. I have had many friends who took their offer to let you guess.
ha and the cop will say, "yep and what else?" and you'll see your ticket go $ to $$ to $$$
Old 08-03-04, 01:56 PM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by MRLEXO
I hear that they can't just pull you over for license plate and tint. Well, it's supposed to be two things or somethign like that. Be careful because sometimes they'll ask you "what do you think I pulled you over for?" And you'll end up ratting your self out.
Not sure if this is true, because the cop that pulled me over said the reason he pulled me over was because of my windows.
Old 08-09-04, 06:13 AM
Sleepyboi
Lead Lap

juss adding...but i've gotten pulled over for just tint and no front plate before too....but it was at LAX, i peeled the tint off myself (actually really easy to do, took me about 15 min) and zipped tied the plate to my front bumper. Im not even bothering gettin it re-tinted, i figure might as well keep the reasons to get pulled over to a minumum. I got it signed off at my school, it was free too.
Old 12-13-05, 04:18 PM
codex57
Rominl Stalker

Tint tickets are technically not fix-it tickets anymore. That's why some of them will have "non-correctable" checked off. Many jurisdictions and cops don't know this so you may still be able to get the ticket signed off and the judge dismissing the ticket for the $10 fee. It all depends on how up to date the cop/judge/court is.

Pretty much all the infraction violations can be taken care of by just payign the fine. This includes stuff like speeding, stop signs, red lights, etc. Since the equipment stuff doesn't have a point on it, you can just pay off the fine and be done with it. It's just that each one is like $90 so most people have it corrected and signed off. If you can afford to and don't have time to hassle with it, just pay it off.
Old 12-13-05, 04:29 PM
Jay
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Sleepyboi
juss adding...but i've gotten pulled over for just tint and no front plate before too....but it was at LAX, i peeled the tint off myself (actually really easy to do, took me about 15 min) and zipped tied the plate to my front bumper. Im not even bothering gettin it re-tinted, i figure might as well keep the reasons to get pulled over to a minumum. I got it signed off at my school, it was free too.
LAX is THE worst place !!!! You will get no front plate ticket FOR SURE !!! Once you drive into the gate, you see 3 workers standing around and follow you to park if you have no plates.

Tint : If it's DARK where they can't see you or your movement, then they will roll you !! That's how I see it !!!

J
Old 12-15-05, 08:06 AM
manila_boy
Lead Lap

Default euro plate...

i got pulled over once (glendale) because of the tint, i just explained to the officer that my car came straight from the dealer (BV dealer) also told her that this is a stock tint... WHEN IT IS NOT!!! and she did let me go! BTW it's noon time, the tint is really not that dark specially my sunroof was open!

... NOW the plate, i have this german/euro plate that came from the philippines (it came with the "TTE" plate frame) i never take this out of my bumper because my euro plate frame (holes) fits exactly on the stock bumper-no need for that plate adapter. what i usually do when i go to places where i know there's a lot of cops i put my CA plates with elastic around (holes) it and just bind it with the euro plate! and or put the CA plate inside the windshield (i guess???)

...here r some pix.
Attached Thumbnails Fix it ticket (No license plate / tint)-tooearly.jpg  
Old 12-15-05, 08:11 AM
manila_boy
Lead Lap

another one

...it looks cool tho', but please remember i put back my CA plate when im in the city-usually i take it of if i will be on the fwy the whole way!

..suck i can't find my CA plate, i should let u see how i bind it with the euro ple using elastix!

...will post pix tom. it's somewhere in my loaded trunk!
Old 12-15-05, 08:19 AM
manila_boy
Lead Lap

sorry my comp is acting slowly/problematic...
Attached Thumbnails Fix it ticket (No license plate / tint)-tteplateframe.jpg