CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Anyone in the 909 (Diamond Bar) area use T-Mobile or a Sidekick phone?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-04, 09:23 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone in the 909 (Diamond Bar) area use T-Mobile or a Sidekick phone?

Hey guys,

I am strongly set on getting this T-mobile sidekick phone so I can have the internet on hand at all times. For those in this area, how's the T-mobile service? I am currently using sprint and it is excellent.

Thanks
Old 07-23-04, 11:11 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

T-Mobile service for me in DB is fine. It's when it comes time to peak hours that I get alot of network busy messages. Reminds me of how cingular was having that problem when they first took over PacBell Wireless.
Old 07-24-04, 12:41 AM
Wald GS

Originally posted by flipside909
T-Mobile service for me in DB is fine. It's when it comes time to peak hours that I get alot of network busy messages. Reminds me of how cingular was having that problem when they first took over PacBell Wireless.
ohhhh nooooo.... I have never experienced that with sprint..
Old 07-24-04, 09:42 AM
2jzsc3
Lexus Test Driver

i used to have the sidekick with t mobile. my internet connection/reception was excellent even when i cruised by DB. I'm local to DB and almost everywhere I've been to has good reception..
Old 07-24-04, 10:16 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

I am a Sidekick user and they have GREAT functionality. The user interface, email/web/IM is priceless. The other great feature about the Sidekick is the user web page you get. there is a protected page on Tmobile.com that syncs with your phone automatically. So you can send emails from the desktop, but they appear to come from your phone!!

Now for the bad, the sidekick has alot of niggling issues. The earjack goes, the internal battery loses life, etc. I am on my 8th or 9th warranty replacement. yesterday I was riding down the road typing a email and my sidekick just DIED, no warning nothing. Went to Tmobile store, and got the "sir you have to replace this through customer service, should take 5days for a replacement". Worse yet, warranty replacement sends you re-furbished phones, so you end up having more issues.

The Sidekick is like being in love with a crazy woman, you she's not good for you but you cant let her go! I tried the blackberry yesterday, but it just doesnt have the interface of the Sidekick. My advice, wait for the new version. check it out on gizmodo.com
Old 07-25-04, 08:14 PM
Wald GS

Originally posted by DGOT20s
I am a Sidekick user and they have GREAT functionality. The user interface, email/web/IM is priceless. The other great feature about the Sidekick is the user web page you get. there is a protected page on Tmobile.com that syncs with your phone automatically. So you can send emails from the desktop, but they appear to come from your phone!!

Now for the bad, the sidekick has alot of niggling issues. The earjack goes, the internal battery loses life, etc. I am on my 8th or 9th warranty replacement. yesterday I was riding down the road typing a email and my sidekick just DIED, no warning nothing. Went to Tmobile store, and got the "sir you have to replace this through customer service, should take 5days for a replacement". Worse yet, warranty replacement sends you re-furbished phones, so you end up having more issues.

The Sidekick is like being in love with a crazy woman, you she's not good for you but you cant let her go! I tried the blackberry yesterday, but it just doesnt have the interface of the Sidekick. My advice, wait for the new version. check it out on gizmodo.com
Thanks D, that was very informative. I have asked 2 people who have this phone and they tell me that the battery lasts all day long.

-Bryan
Old 07-25-04, 08:24 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by LexAristo
Thanks D, that was very informative. I have asked 2 people who have this phone and they tell me that the battery lasts all day long.

-Bryan
Depends on what you count as all day. I'm usually up at approx 6:30-7:00am. I turn my phone on then, it is usually dead by about 4-5pm. Keep in mind I talk, surf, email, and chat on my phone all day.
Old 07-26-04, 12:16 PM
Wald GS

Depends on what you count as all day. I'm usually up at approx 6:30-7:00am. I turn my phone on then, it is usually dead by about 4-5pm. Keep in mind I talk, surf, email, and chat on my phone all day.
I may need to buy a backup battery. hahah
Old 07-26-04, 01:57 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by LexAristo
I may need to buy a backup battery. hahah
Sorry bud, internal battery. Better get a car charger
Old 07-26-04, 11:12 PM
Wald GS

Sorry bud, internal battery. Better get a car charger
heheh. Ok that will work! Thanks D!

-Bryan
Old 07-30-04, 11:04 PM
Wald GS

Well I got my phone today and it's great! Too bad I really dont get a network in my house.
Old 08-11-04, 03:07 PM
Sleepyboi
Lead Lap

hey if it makes u feel any better...when i had t-mobile i got 0 reception in my house too...actually there isnt a single cell fone carrier that gets reception in my house haha
Old 08-11-04, 03:59 PM
irv_usc
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Sleepyboi
hey if it makes u feel any better...when i had t-mobile i got 0 reception in my house too...actually there isnt a single cell fone carrier that gets reception in my house haha
same here
Old 08-13-04, 12:32 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I have had:
T-Mobile-still use with my Pocket PC-coverage is lacking in many areas of So Ca. DB is ok though if that is where you intend to use it.
Sprint: Worst customer service, but good coverage
Cingular: Same poor coverage as TM.

Many seem happy with Verizon. Just I need 2000+ minutes a month and TMobile has good rates
Old 08-18-04, 10:47 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I may soon join the Sidekick clan.

Quick Reply: Anyone in the 909 (Diamond Bar) area use T-Mobile or a Sidekick phone?