CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Do NOT go to USA Autosound in San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-04, 11:44 PM
surfinmud
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do NOT go to USA Autosound in San Diego

Do NOT go to USA Auto Sound on Miramar Road

I cannot believe the service I received there recently. The workers and the owner (Alex) were VERY unethical, will not stand behind their work or their products, perform POOR installations and will try their best to swindle you out of your money.

My experience:

They sold me a cd player for $125, initially told me it was a certain name brand when it turned out to be a knockoff. They promised the knock off was a quality unit and I would not be dissapointed. So I gave in and let them put it in. Then when I came back because the knockoff radio couldn't even get clear reception, they blamed me for being "picky" and "cheap". (verbatim)

I told them to check their installation job and the wiring. They told me "you get what you pay for" and that I should upgrade if I wanted better quality. (classic bait and switch) So I was frustrated but gave them the extra money and told them just to do it.

When the name brand radio still didn't get clear reception, thats when the ***** hit the fan.

They told me they couldn't hear anything wrong.

They said my antenna was too old to get good reception.

They said it was because I was behind a building.

They told me I should have make it known that I wanted to listen to the radio. WTF ...I am buying a RADIO after all.

They told me I couldn't get a refund...all sales final.

this is what the manager/owner told me
"The customer is usually right but this time I'm right and you're wrong"

I finally had to go into the service bay and make sure they checked the connections like I had asked. Turns out the antenna wire became partially severed in their hasty and poor installation. They then hack-jobbed a coax splice (with a wire nut!!!) and said that it was the best they could do. The reception is still slightly noisy so now i have to go in and redo the splice with some bnc's or run new cable. They messed up my interior, didn't put back all the trim, and the 300+lb "installer/hack job" flattened the bolsters on my seats.

I then proceeded to shove the cut wire into his face "who's wrong now B!$%& !!?

What crooks!

CLIFF NOTES: Please avoid USA Auto Sound on Miramar next to the 76 station. Horrible ethics. Obviously you can see I feel very strongly about this otherwise I would not have registered and typed this up.

PS. The owner (ALEX) drives a GS300. Maybe he'll even see this.
Old 09-21-04, 07:22 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats sucks...What car were you having this radio installed into???
Old 09-21-04, 10:48 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

For cheap jobs use Tweeter stores. If you want something nice, go to Streetnoyz.
Old 09-21-04, 08:52 PM
octane300
Lead Lap

If you paid via check, put a stop payment on it.

If you paid via credit card, dispute the charge.

If you paid via cash, you are pretty much S.O.L.

*I'd submit your formal complaint in writing and CC the local BBB and local TV stations.

Your story pretty much reminded me of the nitemare I went through with TWO different Sound Advice stores. I will NEVER go there again.

DN
Old 09-22-04, 12:42 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by octane300
Your story pretty much reminded me of the nitemare I went through with TWO different Sound Advice stores. I will NEVER go there again.

DN
Damn...I would not step my foot near Sound Advice either. I had some BAD expirence with them.
Old 09-22-04, 01:15 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by retrodrive
Damn...I would not step my foot near Sound Advice either. I had some BAD expirence with them.
I would agree, I used to work there..They will hire any hack that has set of crimps and a tool box.. Once in awile you"ll get a good installer but they never stay because the pay sucks..
Old 10-08-04, 03:39 PM
Levistey0
Lead Lap

Thanks for the heads up...i was gonna go there to get an alarm installed...I cancelled my purchase on the alarm...i thought they were gonna give me a hard time...so I changed i got a new check card, in case they still wanted to charge me for it...you never know...esp. with shops like that...

-Mike
Old 10-08-04, 04:14 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Pacific Stereo, USA Autosound and all those so called "discount" retailers sell nothing but grey market/refurbished stereo equipment. Beware, they are a chain all over SoCal. Don't fall for their gimmicks. Those shops tend to mess up your wiring when they do installs FYI.
Old 10-09-04, 01:15 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Default Re: Do NOT go to USA Autosound in San Diego

REPORT them to the Better Business Bureau. Then file a claim against them at small claims court!