CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Valentine's Day Debut?? New GS

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-05, 12:52 PM
int_log_
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valentine's Day Debut?? New GS

Hey everyone---some of you know me from Lexus of Glendale. I want to update you about the new models and some of the IS info.

The New GS300 debuts on Valentine's Day or the day after here at Lexus of Glendale. What a way to celebrate the one you love---buy her! (The GS, of course. It's one of the loves of my life). We're the FIRST dealership with the car available.

For those of you that saw the GS at the Autoshow, you know that the car is awesome. It now comes with smart key access, bluetooth...and of course comes available in AWD. I'm excited, and so far it seems like I'm not alone.

If you'd like any information please let me know. Also, the IS debuts in September, and we won't have any literature about the car until the GS has been out for about 2 weeks to a month. Lexus decided to hold it up so that the excitement about the GS won't be hindered by more new models.

Anyway---I think this car is amazing.
Old 01-28-05, 01:15 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 292 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by int_log_
. Also, the IS debuts in September, and we won't have any literature about the car until the GS has been out for about 2 weeks to a month. Lexus decided to hold it up so that the excitement about the GS won't be hindered by more new models.

Anyway---I think this car is amazing.
I know why they are holding back info on the new IS till a month after the new GS has been around.... Very simple actually. If they released information on the new IS, the new GS will just dissappear simply because it has caused polarized opinions amongst us GS enthusiasts.

I saw it last weeked at the NAIAS in Detriot and I was thoroughly dissappointed.

The technologies no doubt are very cool - smart key access, blue tooth, AWD - however the styling is just crap. Sorry to sound so negative, but having a 2nd gen GS tends to spoil you as it is one of the most beautiful sedans on the road today IMHO.

Good luck to you dealers though and I hope you sell as many as you would like to sell.
Old 01-28-05, 01:49 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by int_log_
If you'd like any information please let me know.
Amy! Let me know.

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 01-28-05, 05:33 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

>.< 10 character minimum