CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Spotted: SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-06, 11:18 PM
jaja
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by toyemp
Actually, if it is a company-lease vehicle, NO modifications are allowed -- even tinting or wheels. If they get caught, they will lose their car privileges -- permanently. It's in bold print at the bottom of the contract they sign for every vehicle. Oh well, their loss It's usually the new guys that do stupid stuff like that and risk their privileges and potentially their job. Not me....
wow... not sure if that is a privilege. riding a car bone stock is pretty boring in my book.... but then a gain a cheap loaner is nice too...
Old 07-21-06, 09:29 AM
Eternity3G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Actually, if it is a company-lease vehicle, NO modifications are allowed -- even tinting or wheels. If they get caught, they will lose their car privileges -- permanently. It's in bold print at the bottom of the contract they sign for every vehicle. Oh well, their loss It's usually the new guys that do stupid stuff like that and risk their privileges and potentially their job. Not me....
hmmm... that's not good... The guy w/ the Lowenhart LE1's called me not to long ago and said something of the sort "Vehicle services just found me a IS350 so I'm returning the GS to get the IS350...". Makes sense of this??? He also has a heavy Japanese accent so maybe I'm not understanding him correctly...

Last edited by Eternity3G; 07-21-06 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-21-06, 09:34 AM
rys
Pole Position

Not that it matters, but the IS350 has 3 more horsepower than the new GS350. (Like you'd notice it, right?)

-Brian
Old 07-21-06, 03:30 PM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts
Default GS430 spotted on the 22 east in socal

Plates read "SICK LEX." He wasn't kidding. It was a silver GS430 lowered on black wheels with polished lips. He had nice exhaust and i think a tasteful body kit too. Does this car belong to anyone on here?
Old 07-21-06, 05:49 PM
toyemp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Eternity3G
hmmm... that's not good... The guy w/ the Lowenhart LE1's called me not to long ago and said something of the sort "Vehicle services just found me a IS350 so I'm returning the GS to get the IS350...". Makes sense of this??? He also has a heavy Japanese accent so maybe I'm not understanding him correctly...
Yeah. Sounds like he might be one of the Japan-staff (they come over here on 2-3 year assignments and then get re-assigned somewhere else). Probably brand-new over here too because when you start with the company, you get to custom-order a vehicle and that takes around 3-4 months to arrive. In the meantime, you can use a vehicle out of the pool until your order comes in. The pool is usually comprised of lease-returns, press vehicles, etc. If they found him an IS350, then in this month's car allocation in Long Beach, there was an extra IS350 that wasn't assigned to a dealer, so the vehicle services dept (which handles all employee cars) snatched it up and assigned it to him in lieu of his original order. So he's basically putting the GS back into the pool and getting the IS as a permanent assignment (at least for the lease term which can be anywhere from 1-3 years). If he modified the GS and returns it like that, the vehicle services dept is going to yank his car privileges completely and he'll end up with no cars at all!
Old 07-22-06, 06:39 AM
mso4
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisES
Plates read "SICK LEX."
Saw this one last week too. Looks real sick!
Old 07-22-06, 09:25 AM
Eternity3G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah. Sounds like he might be one of the Japan-staff (they come over here on 2-3 year assignments and then get re-assigned somewhere else). Probably brand-new over here too because when you start with the company, you get to custom-order a vehicle and that takes around 3-4 months to arrive. In the meantime, you can use a vehicle out of the pool until your order comes in. The pool is usually comprised of lease-returns, press vehicles, etc. If they found him an IS350, then in this month's car allocation in Long Beach, there was an extra IS350 that wasn't assigned to a dealer, so the vehicle services dept (which handles all employee cars) snatched it up and assigned it to him in lieu of his original order. So he's basically putting the GS back into the pool and getting the IS as a permanent assignment (at least for the lease term which can be anywhere from 1-3 years). If he modified the GS and returns it like that, the vehicle services dept is going to yank his car privileges completely and he'll end up with no cars at all!
Yeah.. makes sense now.. He said he has to put the car back to stock b4 returning it... Most of the guys are international... (Nigeria, UK, Japan, etc....)
Old 07-22-06, 09:41 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Hey guys lets talk about what we've spotted in socal...PM the rest.
Old 07-22-06, 09:42 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisES
Plates read "SICK LEX." He wasn't kidding. It was a silver GS430 lowered on black wheels with polished lips. He had nice exhaust and i think a tasteful body kit too. Does this car belong to anyone on here?
Yes that's IE Dave w/full Carson Tuned kit.
Old 07-22-06, 03:06 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 472 Likes on 362 Posts

Last night on the W 91 about 6 ish. First gen a brown metallic with a "Fusion" Motorsports sticker on rear window and for license plate.

Today around Cerritos and Lakewood first gen brown metallic with SC 430 wheels, white on 20's. No drop on either. Of not obvious.
Old 07-22-06, 06:54 PM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

SGM IS 250 on Rancho Cal in Temecula. You looked like an outa towner heading to the wine country.

I pulled alongside in the red 350 and gave a look. Your tint was too dark, but I saw your lady smiling my way......
Old 07-23-06, 02:12 AM
ONEdirty23
Pole Position

hey Unit, i think I saw you on Rancho cali on friday around 6pm, i was headed west and i saw a red IS headed east toward the wineries, criss crossed around chardonnay hills, was this you?
Old 07-23-06, 10:55 AM
4GRAINR
Lead Lap

Okay, time for the AZ guy to post something in this section ...

Spotted:

Silver LS430 w/ HUGE rims and what looked like all custom front bulbs

10 west between 110 and 405 around 3:30pm or so.

Cool guy ... gave me the "what's up?" look and peace sign. Nice ride!
Old 07-23-06, 01:38 PM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ONEdirty23
hey Unit, i think I saw you on Rancho cali on friday around 6pm, i was headed west and i saw a red IS headed east toward the wineries, criss crossed around chardonnay hills, was this you?

Wasn't me.........I was at home bout that time waiting for the ol lady to come home. We left about 635 and went to Guadalajuara mexican restaraunt, came home about 730ish on Rancho Cal.

There is a red 250, but no tint running around though. Seen it a few times.....
Old 07-24-06, 03:13 PM
joel5150
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Driving to work this morning

7/24/2006

7:30am

Laguna HIlls, the stop light at Moulton Parkway and Ridge Route Drive

Very nice looking Blue Onyx 2nd Gen GS. 5 spoke wheels, brushed face, polished lip, couldn't see the kit, but I did notice that the rear had a light built into the trunk, just below the trunk lip, centered. I thought I had seen a pic of thie on the boards but after many searches and looking through almost the whole gallery, I could not find it. Anyways, wow, what a beautiful ride.

I don't know if you saw me. I was in the far left turn lane, silver gs, lowered with stock rims. I would have stalked ya, but no way to get out and go straight.

Quick Reply: Spotted: SoCal