CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

guppy tea hut

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-05, 09:48 PM
indelible
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of food do they serve there? Maybe I'll stop by if I'm ever out that way.
Old 02-02-05, 10:37 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, the owner's name is David. Like Eric said, the SSR is his and I actually put up an ad for him on the classified section for his black 6 series. We have known each other since high school, very cool guy. I like to go there when he is there because he will pick up my bill.... hahaha....
Old 02-02-05, 11:30 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
I like to go there when he is there because he will pick up my bill.... hahaha....
Friends who have eating establishments are

Sounds like we can plan a meet to fill the parking lot up...then the Honda guys have no place to park.
Old 02-03-05, 10:18 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RA40
Friends who have eating establishments are

Sounds like we can plan a meet to fill the parking lot up...then the Honda guys have no place to park.

sounds good
Old 02-03-05, 10:48 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Yeah, the owner's name is David. Like Eric said, the SSR is his and I actually put up an ad for him on the classified section for his black 6 series. We have known each other since high school, very cool guy. I like to go there when he is there because he will pick up my bill.... hahaha....
Marc wanna setup a meet w/your friend there?
Old 02-03-05, 12:03 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by indelible
What kind of food do they serve there? Maybe I'll stop by if I'm ever out that way.
The typical boba drinks, fruit smoothies, shaved ice, noodles, popcorn chicken, fired taro and some other dumplings...they have a pretty good casual food menu. Just have to time for the nice weather when the high school and college kiddies are there in masses. Fri, Sat night and just after school, it can be quite busy.

I dunno if they still have the late hours but at one time I recollect they were open till like 1 or 2 AM.

Last edited by RA40; 02-03-05 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-03-05, 03:49 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Lord of the Celsiors
no im not a nerd, but Im a biology major though
Lies, lies and more lies.
Old 02-03-05, 04:46 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BR1AN
A generic classification for anatomy perhaps.
Old 02-03-05, 06:34 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flipside909
Marc wanna setup a meet w/your friend there?
This was the meet we had back in 2003 when guppy open just a few months.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ight=mini+meet

I am definitely down for a meet at Guppy. Let me know when, I will tell David to make sure he clear out the parking for us. They once had a huge Scion meet and he managed to have a security in place to block cars from parking the lot.

flip: Marc the C stands for Conspiracy, so its definitely not me! MARK is me.....
Old 02-03-05, 07:33 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

This was the meet we had back in 2003 when guppy open just a few months.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ight=mini+meet

I am definitely down for a meet at Guppy. Let me know when, I will tell David to make sure he clear out the parking for us. They once had a huge Scion meet and he managed to have a security in place to block cars from parking the lot.

flip: Marc the C stands for Conspiracy, so its definitely not me! MARK is me.....
Yes I remember that big scion meet. I didn't go because i'm not too fond of the Scion crowd no offense to Scion guys...but have been to many of their meets when they started (especially when they first started having the first ever Scion meets to form TSW to later evolve ScionEvolution) meets at Krispy Kreme in Cerritos.

Haha my cousin's name is with a C so i'm accustomed to spelling Mark with a C. My bad!
Old 02-03-05, 10:15 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plan the meet and I will gather up the troops.
Old 02-03-05, 10:20 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Originally Posted by LexAristo
Plan the meet and I will gather up the troops.
they dont serve CAI pancakes there sorry
Old 02-03-05, 10:21 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Originally Posted by BR1AN
lies lies lies 2 weeks and couting
Old 02-03-05, 10:48 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Guppy was a nice place when it opened. Decorations were nice, the food was adequate, the service was adequate.

Now that has all changed. While the giant shaved-ice is still there, all the food quality has decreased severely. The last 3 times that I ordered beef noodles, the noodles were never fully cooked. The rice is often dry and hard, and the drinks get sweeter everytime I go there.

Now the service is absolutely crappy now. With the exception of a few of them who actually know what they're doing, the rest simply can't take orders, can't serve food, and don't know their priorities. I was asked to pick up my own drinks at the counter TWICE on 2 different visits. It takes 15 minutes for them to go grab my check from the cashier.

Another time I waited 40 minutes for my to-go-order on popcorn chicken. I asked them after 30 minutes of waiting, they said it's already been made.

David is a nice guy. He used to pick up checks for some of his friends. Then it turned into some 10% discount. Now all we get is extra condensed milk on the shaved-ice. At least he is still ok.

that's all. I don't go to Guppy now. There's no reason to. Overpriced, bad food, long wait, bad service. I don't even wanna look at the cars parked there anymore.
Old 02-03-05, 11:32 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GlobeCLK
Guppy was a nice place when it opened. Decorations were nice, the food was adequate, the service was adequate.

Now that has all changed. While the giant shaved-ice is still there, all the food quality has decreased severely. The last 3 times that I ordered beef noodles, the noodles were never fully cooked. The rice is often dry and hard, and the drinks get sweeter everytime I go there.

Now the service is absolutely crappy now. With the exception of a few of them who actually know what they're doing, the rest simply can't take orders, can't serve food, and don't know their priorities. I was asked to pick up my own drinks at the counter TWICE on 2 different visits. It takes 15 minutes for them to go grab my check from the cashier.

Another time I waited 40 minutes for my to-go-order on popcorn chicken. I asked them after 30 minutes of waiting, they said it's already been made.

David is a nice guy. He used to pick up checks for some of his friends. Then it turned into some 10% discount. Now all we get is extra condensed milk on the shaved-ice. At least he is still ok.

that's all. I don't go to Guppy now. There's no reason to. Overpriced, bad food, long wait, bad service. I don't even wanna look at the cars parked there anymore.
Glo.,

I respect your opinion. Actually I agree with you on a lot of things, from service to the food quality. I am going to talk to David tomorrow when we meet. One thing I can say is, last time when we met at his store, I complaint to him about price. He told me that the raw material has gone up quite much. I know his store uses absolutely REAL stuff when it comes to drinks. Therefore, compares to other chinese place who only uses syrup for flavors I would prefer to go to Guppy. Anyways, I think David will be open minded for suggestions.

Quick Reply: guppy tea hut