CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Luxury MotorWorks Lexus Fest ~ August 13th, 2005 *

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-05 | 04:51 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Neo
Hey Ken,

Are you giving the rest of the gang a shot or are you entering too?
Nah, I wont enter... My car will be sitting next to a vendor booth.
Old 08-10-05 | 08:37 PM
PAPASMURF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Neo
Hey Ken,

Are you giving the rest of the gang a shot or are you entering too?
I was thinking the same thing! lol.....
Old 08-11-05 | 01:09 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PAPASMURF
I was thinking the same thing! lol.....
Chris, whaddup big dawg? You driving up or what? Hit me on the cell and we'll hook up that morning. I'll tell you where I am, most likely Longo Lexus. Pm me if you lost my cell #
Old 08-11-05 | 04:42 PM
PAPASMURF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
Chris, whaddup big dawg? You driving up or what? Hit me on the cell and we'll hook up that morning. I'll tell you where I am, most likely Longo Lexus. Pm me if you lost my cell #
Mike,
Chillin as always homes you know me! Yea making the drive up to hang with you all and see what I can see. hahaha...

I'll PM you the details as to not to take this off topic (Mods get mad at that type of thing) lol...
Old 08-11-05 | 05:51 PM
guillermo
Lexus Test Driver

ITS GOING TO BE THE BEST MEET OF THE YEAR
Old 08-11-05 | 06:49 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

EVERYONE, we have re-opened the registration to allow last mintue sign ups. We have received a few phone calls/emails asking if they could still sign up. Registration will be open until tomorrow 12 noon.. Guys, please be sure to sign up. We are having a huge turnout and space is getting really tight... We don't want to deal with on the spot registrations.

Also, just for clarification, only ONE vehicle will be allowed to win a trophy in the Car Show we are having. We want to see 5 different members leave with a beautiful trophy...

Sorry Jay, I know you were planning on sweeping the events but.....

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 08-12-05 at 01:37 PM.
Old 08-11-05 | 07:52 PM
Jay
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LXOGOOD
EVERYONE, we have re-opened the registration to allow last mintue sign ups. We have received a few phone calls/emails asking if they could still sign up. Registration will be open until tomorrow 12 midnight.. Guys, please be sure to sign up. We are having a huge turnout and space is getting really tight... We don't want to deal with on the spot registrations.

Also, just for clarification, only ONE vehicle will be allowed to win a trophy in the Car Show we are having. We want to see 5 different members leave with a beautiful trophy...

Sorry Jay, I know you were planning on sweeping the events but.....

Hahahhahaha... Ken, you're funny !! Sweeping what ?? Sweep and clean the parking lot after party maybe !! My car is FAR from winning, so don't get me ALL excited now boy !!!!

See you Sat Ken and everyone !!!
Old 08-12-05 | 10:21 AM
edgy
Lead Lap

Sweet!!!! i just registered this am

From another perspective.... with a validated Roster of attendees committed to this event .. .Next year Steve & LMW can approach sponsors with the documented proof on paper of the energy & attendance & support for this event & the registrarion list validates all this !

When approaching sponsors this year.. .all LMW had was their history as an established business & their enthusiasm & willingness to make it happen...that & a PROMISE that this would be a great event for the sponsors to get in on.

They did a great job getting sponsors for an unknown return..what a lineup!

BUT next year thay can present a much better proposal to any potential sponsor & with the official 3rd party managed registrations & their Reg.list for this year with AS MANY CARS OFFICIALLY ON IT AS POSSIBLE!! they have a MUCH better position to present their opportunity from when pitching the value of this event to a potential sponsor.

SO.. For all you like me who are definitely going but didnt think to register for whatever reason either you are helping out or not sure if you wil lbe there all day... WHATEVER.. PLEASE take a min to register... it will make a difference this year AND next & onward

See yall tomorrow!!!!
Old 08-12-05 | 03:21 PM
edgy
Lead Lap

looks like reg. closed at 12 noon today Not Midnight folks ... . Our bad...

it is DONE !!

thanks to all who jumped in this am & bumped up the official numbers!!!

See y'all in the am...
Old 08-12-05 | 03:28 PM
guillermo
Lexus Test Driver

SEE YOU GUYS THERE
Old 08-14-05 | 11:54 AM
ScHeL
Driver School Candidate

GarageRacing.Com made it out to LexusFest also... Take a look at the coverage

]

http://www.garageracing.com/showevent.php?id=0059

Hope you enjoy the site...
Old 08-15-05 | 10:27 AM
Luxury Motorworks
Driver

Thumbs up Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WoW - I am still recovering from Saturday!!

I would like to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU to ALL who made this possible..!
That includes ALL the members that attended and put all there hard work into their Lexus.

We had a successful Event this year. With the combination of Club Lexus and my.IS, we had a Wonderful Day.

A BIG Thank You goes to Steve and the entire staff of Luxury MotorWorks for making this happen. With out them we would not have this Huge Event.
It was a big help that the City of Monrovia permitted us to shut down the street as well.

Also, we had many volunteers that showed up early to help us out with the set up for the Event. That was just great!!! Too many to list… You all know who you are… And for the everyone who was involved through out the day in the drive up registration, check in, parking, vendor set up, etc, etc…. < again a BIG THANK YOU TO ALL!!!

We had a great turn out with the Sponsor and/or Vendors that set up shop. It was cool to meet the companies and talk about their products. Also, great work from the working vendors like Dent Masters and Aeroshield who accommodated many members on sight.!
Thanks to all the Sponsors again for all the raffle prizes that were submitted..
We were happy to give away tons of prizes to many lucky members!!!

The Raffle Drawing, Show Trophy voting & winners, Dyno runs, DJ, Food, etc.. made the day just fly bye!

To sum up, everyone had Great Looking Rides and it was a fun filled Lexus day!!!

The pictures tell a great story as well!!!

According to our check in sheet we had 90 cars roll into the event...I am certain we had well over 100 cars that showed up... I didn't have time to count cars that parked around the surrounding blocks, but it can be anywhere from 25 to 50 cars?? maybe more??? anybody know?

Well, I have about 50 pics to upload myself, which I will do in the next day or two...
There are soo many pictures on here already, I am really surprised. !

Even the Event coverage from OverBoost, AutoImport Craze & GarageRacing was Absolutely Superb!!

See you at the NEXT BIG ONE!

Thank You!!!

Joe Z

Last edited by Luxury Motorworks; 08-15-05 at 01:00 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-15-05 | 12:32 PM
Bruinette
Driver School Candidate

Definitely an awesome meet...everyone's car looked spectacular! Thanks to everyone at LMW and their helpers for making it a great meet. I posted my pics over at my.is so if you're bored, there are a lot of pics to check out

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=263123