CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Luxury MotorWorks Lexus Fest ~ August 13th, 2005 *

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-05, 12:48 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oops.. i am out... but i will stop by.. why is there a charge for this? This is a promotion for LMS!

Last edited by Lextreme; 07-22-05 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-22-05, 12:50 PM
Jay
Lexus Champion

me too !!!
Old 07-22-05, 07:47 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

May bring a couple buddies along, the reg fee is based on car, correct?
Old 07-22-05, 07:50 PM
Jay
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RA40
May bring a couple buddies along, the reg fee is based on car, correct?
I hope so... 3 naked ladies in my trunk and 4 b@#$ches in my back seat !! LOL I'm set to go !!

J
Old 07-23-05, 01:15 PM
Luxury Motorworks
Driver

Lightbulb

Let me try to answers some of the common questions in one shot...

The EVENT is FREE and Open to the Public!!!

The $5 Registration Fee gives you the below option.
If you would like to park your Lexus in a "Preferred Lexus Space", you will be able to park inside of the Event and SHOW you Lexus on the Block. You will be able to leave when you choose. But there will be NO coming and going as you please with your car. As we will have to keep street traffic to a minimum..
Also, each registered car owner will receive One Raffle Ticket for the Raffle Drawing.

Space is Limited!!

If a Pre-registered member brings family or friends they are ALL FREE.

For those who do NOT want to Register for the Event. You will be able to park your Lexus arround the surrounding blocks on the public streets away from Event.
Limited amount of Raffle Tickets will be Sold on the day of the Event.

You will NOT be able to park inside the Event, the day of the Event unless you are Registered.
That is why we have the Registration Set Up for the "Preferred Lexus Spaces.."

Hope this clears things up.

There will be many of the So.California based Vendors attending this Event, as listed in Event Flyer.
We will have airconditioned restrooms, cooling fans & misters... Also, a very large food concesion stand will be set up that day... DJ will be playing & working the music!!
Its going to be a FUN DAY!!

Thanks

Joe Z

Last edited by Luxury Motorworks; 07-23-05 at 01:20 PM.
Old 07-24-05, 05:52 PM
SC400DAVE
Lexus Test Driver

Default Shame on LMS

Originally Posted by Lextreme
Oops.. i am out... but i will stop by.. why is there a charge for this? This is a promotion for LMS!
I have to strongly agree with Lextreme. $5.00 for the privilege of a parking space and a raffle ticket? Lets see, I just went to a meet this Saturday @ Luxury Mods, NO CHARGE for parking or the raffle tickets and food.Luxury Mods has only been doing business for a few months too.
Shame on LMS for charging us for there event. Sponsors give the prizes for a raffle or the company sponsoring the event gives them away NO CHARGE. Parking should be FREE. First come, first serve, and there should be NO CHARGE for the raffle tickets. This is a promotion for LMS and the sponsors, so they can get our business. The profits made from selling the parts and doing service should way more than make up for the 5.00 fee they are trying to get.
Old 07-24-05, 07:51 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400DAVE
I have to strongly agree with Lextreme. $5.00 for the privilege of a parking space and a raffle ticket? Lets see, I just went to a meet this Saturday @ Luxury Mods, NO CHARGE for parking or the raffle tickets and food.Luxury Mods has only been doing business for a few months too.
A couple of notes.

1. LuxuryMods have been around for a long while. This is just a new name as they were LexusPros before this. This is not a big secret so let's not bring length of business into this.

2. This particular meet is a Luxury MotorWorks meet, not a LuxuryMods meet. LMW puts on the event so they can do what they wish. You may agree or disagree but this thread is not the "forum" to voice it. This thread is for the announcements and inquiries on the events so that LMW can better manage the event. Their policies are their own. If you don't like it, then make your stand by not going or park outside.

Please, no more discussion on this issue in this thread. Thanks for your understanding and compliance.
Old 07-24-05, 08:56 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Neo for clarifying a few things...

Let me also state that this is not your normal So. Cal meet. We are expecting to have over 100 vehicles and 200 guests... It took LMS 3 months of planning and working with the City of Monrovia to give us access to the entire street with barriers. There are city permit fee's and processing fees that LMS paid to host this event. LMS has rented Top of the line Luxury Bathrooms w/AC and sinks for the guests to use. (it beats peeing behind a tree and wiping your hands on your shirt...right?) Also, LMS has rented water misters and fans to help keep our guest cool for the event. Finally, a DJ was hired to spin for 5 hours so everyone to sit back and enjoy music outside.

If anyone here thinks LMS is making a profit from this event, your highly MISTAKEN...

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 07-24-05 at 09:00 PM.
Old 07-24-05, 09:16 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

neo and lxogood, thank you for the heads up. I am not saying anything but i just want to let other people who were counted me to drive up together know that I am not going anymore......
Old 07-24-05, 09:17 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had no idea they were Lexus pros ..right on
Old 07-24-05, 11:21 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default See you all there!!!!

O.K. Registered today. You can offically count me in. Now I need to see about the hotel accommodations.
Old 07-25-05, 10:14 AM
Jay
Lexus Champion

Me too.. registered !!

Last edited by Jay; 07-25-05 at 10:25 AM.
Old 07-25-05, 10:34 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lextreme, please check PM. And for everyone else, I had already warned about not discussing the pricing in this thread. Tangents will continue to be removed. I don't think the mods want to have to continually patrol this thread so please keep it on topic.
Old 07-25-05, 10:45 AM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Neo,

I am still waiting for your PM..... However, best of luck with the meet..... However, I would like to See CL steer away from financial interest and have interest in their members....

Last edited by Lextreme; 07-25-05 at 11:01 AM.
Old 07-25-05, 11:04 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Lextreme
Neo,

I am still waiting for your PM..... However, best of luck with the meet..... However, I would like to See CL steer away from financial interest and have interest in their members....
Dave, I think you should PM Neo privately if you have a question or issue. Everyone is being civil here.

Quick Reply: Luxury MotorWorks Lexus Fest ~ August 13th, 2005 *