CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

help with leather seat install

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-05, 02:04 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default help with leather seat install

Anyone in the general SoCal/Los Angeles area want to help install a new leather cover on my passenger seat? Or does anyone know an inexpensive upholstery place that could do it? I just need to take the leather off my pass. seat and install this other leather I got. That's it. Any hekp would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 06-02-05, 05:29 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Luxury Motorworks has an upholstery vendor they use that do great work. Their turn around time is super fast and have experience working on the Lexus cars which is a major plus. They did my interior... Give them a call at 626-256-4849. Ask for Jacen and tell them that Ken from Club Lexus sent ya..
Old 06-03-05, 02:41 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

anyone know how much it costs to install the seat covers approximately?
Old 06-03-05, 04:23 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Lee, Man I've been calling upholstery shops all damn day...the cheapest I've found is a place in southeast LA called Fernando's. Dude said he's charge me $90 per seat. I only asked about the passenger side seat as that's all I want to get done for now. I was going to try to do it myself but I broke my hand boxing not too long ago and I haven't fully rehabilitated it yet so it's a little weak for installing upholstery. I'll keep calling around I guess...unless someone has a better idea...

-Mike
Old 06-03-05, 04:31 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
Lee, Man I've been calling upholstery shops all damn day...the cheapest I've found is a place in southeast LA called Fernando's. Dude said he's charge me $90 per seat. I only asked about the passenger side seat as that's all I want to get done for now. I was going to try to do it myself but I broke my hand boxing not too long ago and I haven't fully rehabilitated it yet so it's a little weak for installing upholstery. I'll keep calling around I guess...unless someone has a better idea...

-Mike
I'll try some shops here in SO CAL where competition is stiff. I like going to those little mom and pop shops in the hole of the city. But when I ask, I gotta show them pictures instead of bringing my car in. To me, a seat is a seat, and I hate when they ask what car it's for. I just say it's a Toyota Camry. LOL

I want to jump in on the leatherseats group buy, but I don't want to pay much for installation. I need to paint some more stuff pretty soon and rather use my money towards that.
Old 06-03-05, 04:43 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AutoCoutureSC
I'll try some shops here in SO CAL where competition is stiff. I like going to those little mom and pop shops in the hole of the city. But when I ask, I gotta show them pictures instead of bringing my car in. To me, a seat is a seat, and I hate when they ask what car it's for. I just say it's a Toyota Camry. LOL
Duuu-uuuude! Tell me about it...I told you I'd been calling around all day right? Well they always ask "what kind of car?" and I somewhat understand that, but when I say, "It's a Lexus SC" they go, "oh a LEXUS!!!!!...okay hold on" like they're going to put me on hold and see how hard they can rape me or something. I'mma start saying it's a damn Camry and see if they change their tune.

A friend told me to check southeast LA because of the same reason, a lot of competition. There's plenty of upholstery shops in that area and I know someone will install the covers for a great price if I keep checking around.
Old 06-03-05, 04:44 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
Duuu-uuuude! Tell me about it...I told you I'd been calling around all day right? Well they always ask "what kind of car?" and I somewhat understand that, but when I say, "It's a Lexus SC" they go, "oh a LEXUS!!!!!...okay hold on" like they're going to put me on hold and see how hard they can rape me or something. I'mma start saying it's a damn Camry and see if they change their tune.

A friend told me to check southeast LA because of the same reason, a lot of competition. There's plenty of upholstery shops in that area and I know someone will install the covers for a great price if I keep checking around.
LOL> that's why when they install the covers, they're just getting the two front seats, and rear seats to install. NO CAR. LOL
Old 06-09-05, 05:54 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

My interior guy can help. PM me