CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

NEW Mustang Dyno Installed @ Luxury Motorworks!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-05, 07:28 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NEW Mustang Dyno Installed @ Luxury Motorworks!

Guys, I have been given the okay to post this info and share the news. 2 weeks ago, our vendor Luxury Motorworks purchased and installed a brand new '05 Mustang Dyno that came fully modded out. In addition to your RWHP and Torque, you can get Boost readings, 0-60 times, Quarter miles times, A/F ratio along with EGT temps. Let me tell ya that this dyno is incredible. The owner (Steve) had to fly out to Ohio for a weekend to learn the new dyno and all it's features.. As some of you may know, the Mustang Dyno gives you more "realistic" #'s unlike many dyno jets that exaggerate the #'s a bit. Here is the price break down in case any one is interested:

$50: 3 dyno runs which will give you all of your #'s and wideband readings. Graph will be printed out for your keeping.

$100: The dyno is yours for 1 hour. Approx 5-6 runs. This is a better option for tuning, before and after installs (spark plugs, exhaust, intakes, headers), or to get an average RWHP #.

If you guys are in the area, please stop by and check it out.. If there is enough interest to get your car dyno'd, I would be willing to setup a small dyno meet at Luxury on a weekend sometime in June or July. Thanks guys...

Ken
GS Forum Moderator

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 06-07-05 at 04:45 PM.
Old 06-04-05, 10:01 PM
13s_is300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds good. will there be a sign up for the aug. meet
Old 06-05-05, 01:59 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

Was excited when I first got wind of this.
Will be interesting to make a baseline and see what happens with the future exhaust work I have in mind. If they can do a FI for my LS at some point.
Old 06-06-05, 03:01 PM
Static911

Old 06-06-05, 08:47 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Originally Posted by LXOGOOD
Guys, I have been given the okay to post this info and share the news. 2 weeks ago, our vendor Luxury Motorworks purchased and installed a brand new '05 Mustang Dyno that came fully modded out. In addition to your RWHP and Torque, you can get Boost readings, 0-60 times, Quarter miles times, A/F ratio along with EGT temps. Let me tell ya that this dyno is incredible. The owner (Steve) had to fly out to Ohio for a weekend to learn the new dyno and all it's features.. As some of you may know, the Mustang Dyno gives you more "realistic" #'s unlike many dyno jets that exaggerate the #'s a bit. Here is the price break down in case any one is interested:

$50: 1 dyno run which will give you all of your #'s and wideband readings. Graph will be printed out for your keeping.

$100: The dyno is yours for 1 hour. Approx 3-4 runs. This is a better option for tuning, before and after installs (spark plugs, exhaust, intakes, headers), or to get an average RWHP #.

If you guys are in the area, please stop by and check it out.. If there is enough interest to get your car dyno'd, I would be willing to setup a small dyno meet at Luxury on a weekend sometime in June or July. Thanks guys...

Ken
GS Forum Moderator

I really think LMW should consider pricing on 2 runs as 1 run really doesn't give a definite number. 2 runs will be more accurate and the owner can compare the results with his/her first run. thanks
Old 06-06-05, 09:45 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

do they tune?
Old 06-06-05, 10:37 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by reamemiya
do they tune?
Yes they can... They have experience with the Apexi SAFC and Greddy Emanage on Lexus vehicles. Anything else, you may need to call them first.
Old 06-06-05, 10:43 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexAristo
I really think LMW should consider pricing on 2 runs as 1 run really doesn't give a definite number. 2 runs will be more accurate and the owner can compare the results with his/her first run. thanks

Bryan, that's not a bad idea... I will talk with the guys at Luxury about this. I've received a few PM's already with some ideas and pricing. Stay tuned!

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 06-06-05 at 11:24 PM.
Old 06-07-05, 03:37 AM
ShadyJC
Lexus Test Driver

This is great news, the last time I was there Jacen mentioned they were planning this as their next step to being a bigger player in the performance world as they continue to develop their product line.
Old 06-07-05, 08:57 AM
Wald GS

Originally Posted by LXOGOOD
Bryan, that's not a bad idea... I will talk with the guys at Luxury about this. I've received a few PM's already with some ideas and pricing. Stay tuned!
Only reason I brought it up was that I dyno'd my car this weekend and the 2nd run had better numbers.
Old 06-07-05, 09:12 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Only reason I brought it up was that I dyno'd my car this weekend and the 2nd run had better numbers.
Yeah, but which one is the more accurate one. You need a third to verify.
Old 06-07-05, 09:41 AM
Wald GS

Originally Posted by Neo
Yeah, but which one is the more accurate one. You need a third to verify.

After 2 dyno's I'll be out some serious cash if they did a 3rd run.
Old 06-07-05, 10:14 AM
Neo
The One

After 2 dyno's I'll be out some serious cash if they did a 3rd run.
So what if the first one came out better?
Old 06-07-05, 12:53 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Dang Neo, one would expect a super moderator to stay on topic on this thread and keep side comments to PM. LOL
Old 06-07-05, 01:11 PM
Neo
The One

Originally Posted by flipside909
Dang Neo, one would expect a super moderator to stay on topic on this thread and keep side comments to PM. LOL
LOL. Just my way of keeping a CL vendor thread on top.

You are right, though, and I'm out a here.

Quick Reply: NEW Mustang Dyno Installed @ Luxury Motorworks!