CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

My terrible experience with Luxury Motorworks

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-05, 11:37 AM
herragge
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm so sorry to hear your pain Henry and Mimi. I have had similar experiences with shops and I can tell you that I understand how furious you can be.

If shops do a bad job, it really puts the customer in a VERY bad position. Just think, if they screw up the first time doing something easy and simple, and they offer to make things right by re-installing, how likely are you to go back and have them install it after you know they have done a crappy install? That leaves you to go to some other installer, thereby costing you even more money to have it installed right. It sucks, and I know.

I hope everything can be made right by LMW. You have my condolances.

Steve
Old 07-19-05, 11:49 AM
guillermo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to hear about your terrible experience with lms
hopely everything get fixed

My experince with LMS has only been the best, from answering questions, and working on my car. Anytime i didnt like something they redid it or replace it. hopfully everything works out. I know steve will do what it takes make everything right
Old 07-19-05, 12:38 PM
KevsSC
Intermediate

Sorry to hear about what happend. I hope they take care of everything.
Old 07-19-05, 12:52 PM
pilip99
Lexus Test Driver

Default ...

hey bro sorry to hear that, i'm sure that LMS will help you get back on track and that all goes well ...
Old 07-19-05, 01:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i want to thank everyone again for your support, and all the pms that i received. it definitely shows me how caring members here are on clublexus. and i am definitely going to keep you guys updated about what happens next, if any.

and to steve (of lmw), no need to kick yourself in the back about what happened and being dreadful about "this day" coming. in fact what i did was nothing more than stating what happened and what you guys did to fix the problem. being objective is my goal.

and yes, having a lot of good and great feedback in the past was something i bear in mind all the time. how many times on .net have we seen argues between customers who had problems and lmw supporters, everything always goes downhill, and that's the last thing i want to see here on clublexus, especially when i am a moderator.

and at least from what i see in this post (also couple others after doing some search), there are also couple other incidents where people had issues with the work done. but if anything, i feel very sad that they sometimes don't stand up and talk about it, only coz' they are scared of being flamed.

yes internet is a great place for information. and yes there are a lot of true and false information, that's why we have to be smart and read between the lines to figure out what's going on. and especially here on a dedicated forum, i think it's very important for EVERYONE, and i mean EVERYONE, to post about their feedback, good or bad. as long as you stay on facts, that's golden.

as a member, i get tons of help from others, so i want to make sure i warn people about issues if there are any. if anything, i would be kicking myself in the back if i never talk about this, and someone else went to lmw for sways on the sc430 and the links are put on wrong again.

and as a moderator, i think it's very important to let people know about what's going on, just like reporting news. make people be the judge, and they make their own call.

that's why i am very pleased with the response so far. and i am totally ok with people who posted their decent experience with lmw as well. in no way am i trying to say that they do everything bad. i just said that they did everything wrong on my car. even if you searched, you will find my first post about lmw when they did the remote start on my gs400, and that was a decent experience.

and that's why with the help from my friends, we decided to go back and give them chances to fix my car. but after this past weekend, i think the feedback we got from lmw was there everything has been tried and they couldn't fix it. you have to see how my wife looked when we drove off, i could feel how mad and sad she was. and i am sure you read from her first post.

if there is a fix to put our car back to original shape, of course we want to see that happen. and on the other side, i think people deserve to know the truth.

so steve, don't think that this one post or two would be kicking down lmw. my intention is not to drive people away (heck that's not my business, and i am not your competitor), but i want people to be smart and think clear before going, and not just go there because "everyone says lmw is the best"
Old 07-19-05, 01:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Hameed - seriously at this point we don't know what to hope for. of course we want the car to be back to old form, but after so many months of stress, it's very hard to even think about it.

TI II - haha well, i have a 10k gs4 right here as well, so don't worry, i offended myself and i am sorry to hear about your coilover experience too, that's very sad... i also agree that customer service means business nowadays. it's so important to make sure everything is done right and the customer is happy in the end.

about the door panel. actually that night i did see the door panel off the car, so at least they weren't pulling the door panel or so. that i have to say. now how is it bent and where, you tell me. to be honest, up till this point everyone is still speculating that the panel is bent. i have been thinking so much about other possibilities including the doors being bent or the latch, etc...

LS400 - thanks for the pm, i will talk to you later tonight. if i had a choice (need to find a place with two lifts), i probably would have suggested otherwise (since lmw is far away for me anyway). but things happened for a reason i guess

VeilSideGS3 - thanks for the help kirby, i really appreciate it. when the time comes, i will definitely talk to you, especially you are now a vendor here

irv_usc - yes the "cost" we paid is definitely far stretch. 4 trips to lmw, 4 trips other the other two techs for check-up, the money we paid lmw, the money i paid the other tech, the time and gas wasted, and the mental stress me and my wife have to go through. i bought this car for my wife to see her smile. just imagine every time i see her face when she opens the driver side door and sees the door panel.

herragge - very true, it was the same dilemma with me. but with the help from my friends, and especially that lxogood and flipside909 going back all the time, i just told myself to go back and let them work on it. i would be lying if i say i didn't have any worry when handing the key to them the second time

and again thanks to everyone for your support. to guillermo and aristogirl, your input are welcome too. i am definitely happy for you guys that you had good experience with them!
Old 07-19-05, 02:17 PM
irv_usc
Lead Lap

just wanted to make something clear:

i personally have not had any problems with them. my service has always been good. fast and still thorough. whenever i ask for special services they do them at fair rates.

and henry, i know your "true" costs will most likely never be resolved, the whole norcal/socal commute, as well as the long drive just to get to LMW's shop, numerous trips to make things right...
Old 07-19-05, 02:23 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

This saddens me and it's not even my car

Best of luck to you Henry, I believe you will be taken care of in the end, but it should never have come to this. The vaseline thing would have sent me through the roof.

-Mike
Old 07-19-05, 03:05 PM
Luxury Motorworks
Driver

Henry,
I am really sorry about what happened. I also feel your pain seeing your wife unhappy.

The only part that gets me is you keep saying that you are only sharing your experience. That is not exactly true. You are telling people not go to us because you had a bad experience. It is one thing to tell everyone you are unhappy with the experience; it is another to tell people to think twice about coming to us.

Being a moderator on Club Lexus I would think you would deal with this differently. I understand you are having a hard time with your personal experience with us. So you want to share it. I also understand that you think you are doing the members good by your comments. I have to disagree though. We have had countless members come to us with problems from other shops. We have repaired and fixed their cars free of charge at times. We have gone above and beyond the call of duty several times from excepting phone calls all hours of the night to answering questions on a Sunday with the family. We have come in on Sundays to accommodate a late night drop off or loaner car pick-up. We have spent hours on the phone supporting a product install (our product or not). We have E-mailed, faxed, and helped with wiring diagrams for people that just simply need help.

We have installed countless coil overs, sway bars, and suspension parts not only on GS and IS but several SC's. For you to say there is a chance that it will not be installed properly is out of line.

I am sorry once again for your experience. I wish I could make it right for you.

I can only address the rest of the members on Club Lexus. It is my guarantee that we will not only provide you with the best service available but we will also be there for you night and day from a major service to a simple question.

I would also like to thank every one for the phone calls and support with this matter.

Sincerely,
Steve
Old 07-19-05, 03:06 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Henry I really hope there is a resolution to the predicaments you've had. I'm pretty confident in LMW making the right decision...as they are looking for a solution to rectify the situation. They didn't leave you hanging dry.

As far as my personal experience is concerned, I have never had any issues with LMW which is why I have recommended them to friends and even relatives. They have been fair all my transactions with them. You know my number Henry, give me a ring whenever.
Old 07-19-05, 03:38 PM
TCM080903
Pole Position

oh no, henry!! i'm so sorry to hear about this...i hope you and your wife get everything worked out, and that your SC will be good as new. that's terrible that you guys have been stressing for months about this now.

thanks for sharing your experience with us, and for posting detailed pics as well. i think you've posted your info as objectively as you could, which is great.

i completely agree that everyone should post freely. that's what's so great about the internet forums, right? and btw, i definitely do NOT think you're being too nitpicky about this!! so don't worry...

hope things get resolved quickly and successfully!!
Old 07-19-05, 04:09 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Luxury Motorworks
I can only address the rest of the members on Club Lexus. It is my guarantee that we will not only provide you with the best service available but we will also be there for you night and day from a major service to a simple question.
The only question I'd have at this point is why did it have to come to his wife posting about her poor experience for the situation to be rectified? It seems this has been going on for months when it could have been solved on day one by fixing what was improperly installed and by providing the customer with a new door panel. Yes that would have cost LMW some money, but nowhere near this level of PR damage.

I always take situations like this and try to look at it from both sides, and in this particular situation, if everything is as Henry and Mimi have stated (and it appears it is based on Steve not saying anything Henry or Mimi said was untrue) then I don't see how they're wrong to post about this experience. LMW seemingly had AMPLE opportunity to handle the situation in-house before it escalated to Henry taking the car to another mechanic and incurring further costs. It could have been handled before it got to the net but it wasn't, and LMW couldn't for some reason fix the issues they created. This is saddening as these are relatively simple things to install and the LMW techs are considered knowledgeable on these vehicles. My only hesitation in coming to LMW from here on out is the simple fact that it took THIS for the situation to be rectified, when like I said earlier it should have been taken care of on day one.
Old 07-19-05, 04:13 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Steve, if you don’t mind me asking. If you have countless members who are satisfied with your services, then do you think these members will now be persuaded/influenced by Henry’s comments? The fact is these damages and improper installation were back by pictures, so by stating the facts to remind the potential new members to consider where they take their hard earn money car to is nothing more than legitimate.

I often see this statement when I go to some stores: “if you break it, you buy it”. As a consumer in the general public, I think I have the right to request proper remedy if my personal property was damaged in merchant’s possession due to its negligent. This probably explains why the malpractice insurance exists in the professional world. I believe a quality service shop should not put money where their mouth is. Instead of trying to challenge the objectivity of the certain aspects, I believe the actual action of moving forward and trying to resolve outstanding issues should be the focus. I apologize to LMW and Steve if you guys are already doing so at this moment. But with the experience I had with Longo when they damaged my wheels and the subsequent action to correct the problem, they did earn my royalty back and even to this point, I am still taking my car back to Longo for services.

As to what Henry mentioned about other members who are hesitated to bring their negative experiences for whatever reasons. This instance should probably encourage you to not do so in the future. As a consumer, we want the merchant to continue improve their services that they provide. For myself, I absolutely want to hear from both sides (goods and bads) if I am going to engage a transaction with a fellow CL vendor. If CL is truly one of the great public forum and the majority of its members possess high degree of intelligence, one will not be influenced completely because of ONE BAD POST.

Anyways, these are my .02 and again, I hope everything is moving forward and please keep us updated….. good luck

Last edited by GSXOTIC; 07-19-05 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-19-05, 04:34 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by Luxury Motorworks
Henry and Mimi,
I will contact you to make arrangements to get your door panel fixed. If it takes a new door panel to fix your car I will buy you a new door panel. You know I am willing to do what ever it takes to make you happy. I hope some day I can regain your trust. I know it won't be easy but I will sure try.

Best Regards,
Steve
Members,

The vendor has posted that he's going to resolve this problem and I'm closing this thread for now. I'll re-open it for an update after Henry and Mimi let me know how the situation has progressed... for now 'the peanut gallery' is chipping in and trying LMS in public without giving them another chance to make this situation right. I think we have the attention of the right guy to resolve the situation, let's give them a chance to make it right please.
Old 07-19-05, 05:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i am NOT going to repond to everything posted after my last reply until this thread is allowed to be opened again. but i do want to state something in regarding to mikeloc24.

partially the reason why it's been 3 months is me. being i am in norcal makes it very hard to find time to go down to LA and have a free weekend to go to lmw. i went down the first time in april (drove down) to intall eveything. i flew down one weekend in may to do the first fix. i then went again in mid june for second fix. i went there for the last time this past sat, and i left at about 12noon.

i suppose if i were in socal all the time, it wouldn't have taken so long to get to this point. so i do want to take note that i partially make the matter this long. but that doesn't take away the time they had to look at my problem and fix it.