CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

TGIF Meet Afterthoughts (please post pics here)

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-05, 08:10 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking TGIF Meet Afterthoughts (please post pics here)

I had a great time today. Nice to see such a large turnout, about 25 people. The White Elephant gift exchange was funny, specially once the stealing started. Usually meets are kind of boring because everyone is shy and we just stand around looking at cars. It's waay more fun when everyone interacts with each other. We were so loud that I could see people looking at us over the divider. LOL

And Tommy showing up in his Mercedes "beater" with a Santa hat on. Oh my, classic!
Thanks Tommy for the car fresheners, I needed some and they are my favorite kind, the bubble gum smelling ones.

Nice to see new faces and familiar ones too!
Old 12-18-05, 08:52 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Hey Liz,

It was good to see you again. I couldn't stay long because I had to meet someone else for dinner and I got word of this meet last minute from PhilipMSPT. It was great to see some of the CL people in person such as Brian, Erick and yourself. Attached are a couple of pictures I took.

Old 12-18-05, 08:59 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by Trexus
Hey Liz,

It was good to see you again. I couldn't stay long because I had to meet someone else for dinner and I got word of this meet last minute from PhilipMSPT. It was great to see some of the CL people in person such as Brian, Erick and yourself. Attached are a couple of pictures I took.
Hey! I was wondering where you snuck off to! It was good seeing you too, been too long.
Old 12-18-05, 10:07 PM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CL very well represented and good times for sure...

i'm STUFFED!!!!!!

Mike..
Old 12-18-05, 10:39 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Great meet guys and great turnout. It was great to see all the regulars and the new ones. Sorry I didn't get to catch the new people's names but hope to get a chance to chat with you all the next time around.

I normally don't talk like this but our waitress was a B*TCH. She had the nerve to tell my friend Allan after giving him his drink 10 mins later after he arrived... "You're late, what's the difference you're not going to give me a tip anyway". Needless to say, we did not tip her and she didn't get a penny more from us. I will never go back to that TGI Friday's again.

I just got home, a handful of us ended up going to Malibu Speedzone just down the street. We watched the Lakers lose that last point unfortunately but we ended the night by driving on the slick track. There were several instances where we all had spun out at one time or another...and one time where the whole track was stopped as there were multiple spinouts throught the track. hehe.

All in all..it was a great meet...and the gift exchange White Elephant game was alot of fun! Jacking presents is comedy. Thanks for the memorable day you guys! It's definitely been a while since we had a great meet like that.

Last edited by flipside909; 12-18-05 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-18-05, 10:56 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flipside909
Great meet guys and great turnout. It was great to see all the regulars and the new ones. Sorry I didn't get to catch the new people's names but hope to get a chance to chat with you all the next time around.

I normally don't talk like this but our waitress was a B*TCH. She had the nerve to tell my friend Allan after giving him his drink 10 mins later after he arrived... "You're late, what's the difference you're not going to give me a tip anyway". Needless to say, we did not tip her and she didn't get a penny more from us. I will never go back to that TGI Friday's again.

I just got home, a handful of us ended up going to Malibu Speedzone just down the street. We watched the Lakers lose that last point unfortunately but we ended the night by driving on the slick track. There were several instances where we all had spun out at one time or another...and one time where the whole track was stopped as there were multiple spinouts throught the track. hehe.

All in all..it was a great meet...and the gift exchange White Elephant game was alot of fun! Jacking presents is comedy. Thanks for the memorable day you guys! It's definitely been a while since we had a great meet like that.
this was a cool meet it was alot of fun the gift jacking was comedy
and speed zone was cool too too bad it was last minute

see you guys next time

*****SPEED ZONE MEET ****Coming Soon*****
Old 12-18-05, 11:11 PM
Benzoboi
Pole Position

Was a really good meet...nice to put some faces to names on this board. Look foward to more meets later on...
Old 12-19-05, 12:32 AM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Liz: i'm glad you like the air freshener. I hope you didnt get tired from opening the gift wraps. Everyone thought i bought something sexy from victoria secrets, since i had the gift on a VS bag. By the way, thanks for the DVD and gift certificate. I was thinking of buying that DVD sometime this comming week, and the gift certificate always comes in handy since i'll be buying some parts pretty soooon.

To the rest of the people: I had a great time meeting and talking to y'all. I wanna wish everyone Happy Holidays and Merry X-mas!!!!! Be safe and dont drink and drive (guillermo & ana)

Ryan: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Tommy

Last edited by Lexus GS3; 12-19-05 at 12:36 AM.
Old 12-19-05, 06:50 AM
joel5150
Lead Lap

Guys and Gals,
Had a great time at the meet last night. I am glad I finally had some mods to show off, but they are nothing like the other cars we had representing CL. Some dang nice cars showin up, well except for the Mercedes, LOL. The company was great, and the gift exchange was a riot. Hanging out and watching videos in the parking lot was pretty fun too. Hope we have another meet soon. Have a great holiday all!

The token white guy
Old 12-19-05, 08:15 AM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by joel5150
Guys and Gals,
Had a great time at the meet last night. I am glad I finally had some mods to show off, but they are nothing like the other cars we had representing CL. Some dang nice cars showin up, well except for the Mercedes, LOL. The company was great, and the gift exchange was a riot. Hanging out and watching videos in the parking lot was pretty fun too. Hope we have another meet soon. Have a great holiday all!

The token white guy

Good times JOEL!!... man your car is CLEAN!!..

The bugs wont stick or splatter even if you hit them at 45mph..they'll just SLIDE OFF!!!.. hell they can't even try to sit on your hood without sliding off!!!...awesome job!..

Now go make USE of that ClayBar you got!....lol

Mike
Old 12-19-05, 08:25 AM
Leets
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SILVERGS3
Good times JOEL!!... man your car is CLEAN!!..
For real... I couldn't believe how slick that paint was. Just remember Joel... don't try to take it to a car show like that... cuz I don't think all those models will be too happy with you when they end up on the floor after sliding right off your car.

Awesome meet... nice chillin' with everyone. Great turnout of people, and some truly amazing vehicles.
Old 12-19-05, 10:11 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

where are the pics?
Old 12-19-05, 10:13 AM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

It was a great turnout (compared to previous local meets), had lots of fun and it was good to see some old faces that I haven't seen for awhile.

Totally slipped my mind that it was Ryan's B-day that day (it was cutecboy and his bro's B-day as well). Happy belated B-day Ryan! Should've asked our waitress to sing them 3 separate songs solo.

Some pics from Jay's digicam:

Old 12-19-05, 10:13 AM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXISM
where are the pics?
Couldn't wait 2 min. huh??

More...

Old 12-19-05, 10:22 AM
guillermo
Lexus Test Driver

good meet ill post pix later today

Quick Reply: TGIF Meet Afterthoughts (please post pics here)