CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Desperately Need Help, iForged Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-05, 11:43 AM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Desperately Need Help, iForged Wheels

Hello Guys and Gals,

I call upon the CL group to help me in finding a reputable company to replace my damaged iForged wheel lips . I live in Downey, Ca and I need to find some where to get a quote on replacing the lips on my wheels that were damaged by FedEx. I would like to find a shop dealing with these wheels and not just a company who will fix anything.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

-Revhard191
Old 12-23-05, 03:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

umm...... if fedex is paying, why not ask them to pay iforged to fix it?

how about takl to the people you bough it from? can they help?
Old 12-23-05, 07:16 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Just tell Fedex to buy one rim, or show them what retail cost is and get reimbursed.
Old 12-23-05, 09:09 PM
MikeFD3S
Lead Lap

File an insurance claim with FedEx for complete replacement of your wheels.

If they were shipped with insurance, and had a proper declared value when shipped it should be no problem.

If they were shipped without citing a proper declared value for shipping insurance, then you might run into some trouble in getting your money.
Old 12-23-05, 09:47 PM
b1gredek
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

magmasters,,,, they are the best,,,, fixed my iforged wheels..... came out better than perfect
Old 12-27-05, 08:33 AM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

Unhappy

Thanks Guys,

They were insured for the amount of $650 each rim and I have tried to call iForged but no one returns my messages, plus they will be out until the 6th of Jan due to inventory. I have a copy of the original reciept and that is the only thing I have. I will look up Mag Masters to see what they can do. This is just a pain in the A$$ and it is just frustrating because most of the shops I seem to call (Which claim to be High End.) do know there but from a hole in the ground or they just say, let me get your number and we will call you back.

I will be sending in my claim paperwork by the end of this week so I will have to move fast.

Is there anyone else that is close to the Santa Fe Springs area? I am looking for a second quote just to show them how expensive they really are should anyone question the price of the rims.

Much appreciated guys....

Revhard191
Old 12-27-05, 10:43 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Revhard191
Thanks Guys,

They were insured for the amount of $650 each rim and I have tried to call iForged but no one returns my messages, plus they will be out until the 6th of Jan due to inventory. I have a copy of the original reciept and that is the only thing I have. I will look up Mag Masters to see what they can do. This is just a pain in the A$$ and it is just frustrating because most of the shops I seem to call (Which claim to be High End.) do know there but from a hole in the ground or they just say, let me get your number and we will call you back.

I will be sending in my claim paperwork by the end of this week so I will have to move fast.

Is there anyone else that is close to the Santa Fe Springs area? I am looking for a second quote just to show them how expensive they really are should anyone question the price of the rims.

Much appreciated guys....

Revhard191
Rev what exactly happend to your lips ? what kind of damage ? any pics ? are you sure you need to replace the entire lip? is it not fixable ?
Old 12-28-05, 10:48 AM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

LEXISM Wrote:
Rev what exactly happend to your lips ? what kind of damage ? any pics ? are you sure you need to replace the entire lip? is it not fixable ?
Well this is the thing, I bought them from Lexis11 and when they were shipped they damaged the lips on 3 of the rims, 1 I can live with but the others I dont think it is fair so that is why I am filing a claim.

Well I tried to upload them but the pics are too large.....can anyone help me with uploading?

Thanks,

Revhard191
Old 01-01-06, 09:37 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

just be careful and make sure the packaging is still there coz' ups can deny the claim if you can't show that the packaging was "sufficient" to withstand damage
Old 01-02-06, 07:56 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

the inspector will come and inspect the package. If the packaging wasnt good enough, they'll void the claim.
Old 01-03-06, 12:58 PM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

No problem, I still have all of the packaging and everything, it all is just a pain in the butt right now. I am going to mail them all of the paperwork this afternoon.

Again, thanks guys!

Revhard191