CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Got owned by C.H.P.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-06, 07:17 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where in VC was it? I guess I'm lucky that my boss and I know plenty of the right people
Old 02-14-06, 07:20 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 88supramki
Where in VC was it? I guess I'm lucky that my boss and I know plenty of the right people

So, when do you and your boss want to hang out? share the connections!
Old 02-14-06, 09:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by White98ARISTO
I got a ticket for my exhaust and intake and they made me go to REF for testing. I didn't change a thing and went to referee and passed everything they threw at me. My car passes smog, and my exhaust is not louder than 95dbs. Exhaust is legal as long as it is under the db limit and if your car passes the smog then its should be legal. I don't know about the visual part of it though. The ref i went to didn't say anything about my intake or exhaust being illegal. My ticket was $500, but i went to court and they gave me back $490. So in the end, I spent $50, and a bunch of wasted time, but didn't have to change anything.

Tommy
intake and exhaust that's probably easier. but man, guillermo has a sc in his car, i do'nt think it will come close to pass smog?

on the other hand, i could be wrong, but i don't think pulley will affect smog? again i could be wrong
Old 02-14-06, 10:18 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

i dont think the crank pulley would cause a problem. Nothing is going to be attached to it .
The original pulley is still there to drive the serpentine belt anyways.

As long as you get your stock intake back on, reinstall stock header, y pipe, exhaust.
Remove the inline fuel pump for the imanage (might cause a problem for visual if you dont)
remove pipings for intercooler. You should pass the smogging.

You might have to try to cover up the HKS Cam Gear though. Since you got the L cutout on your cover to expose the Cam gear.
Old 02-14-06, 10:19 PM
White98ARISTO
Goldmember

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
intake and exhaust that's probably easier. but man, guillermo has a sc in his car, i do'nt think it will come close to pass smog?

on the other hand, i could be wrong, but i don't think pulley will affect smog? again i could be wrong
Yeah charger is harder to get by with.

guillermo, Good luck with whatever you decide on doing. Hope things work out for ya.

Tommy
Old 02-14-06, 10:34 PM
guillermo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 88supramki
it happend in camarillo in the back roads heading to oxnard
Old 02-14-06, 11:37 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

... Almost makes me want to start selling and producing counterfeit mexican plates....
Old 02-15-06, 08:47 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Inabj2
... Almost makes me want to start selling and producing counterfeit mexican plates....
what will that do ?
Old 02-15-06, 08:53 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Ur better off getting 11-99 Foundation frames
Old 02-16-06, 06:16 PM
aristogirl
Rookie

That's what you get for thinking your all bad!!
I would just take everything off go to the ref. and deal with it. Your going to swap it out anyways. I bet you can do it yourself.
Thats the price you pay for having fun.
Old 02-16-06, 06:58 PM
BOGOTA
Driver

Wink sucks

Dam, what the hell is up with CALI cops, that is nuts..... Just fight the tickets, beats paying right away, maybe cop might not show up.
Old 02-16-06, 08:31 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by aristogirl
I would just take everything off go to the ref. and deal with it. Your going to swap it out anyways. I bet you can do it yourself.

Damn guillermo ...your girl told you !!!!...lol
Old 02-17-06, 01:28 AM
guillermo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by aristogirl
she told me so
but tthats life if you like tuning your cars
NO TUNE,NO LIFE
Old 02-17-06, 07:57 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by guillermo
NO TUNE,NO LIFE
Amen to that reverend
Old 02-20-06, 04:45 PM
sammer619
Driver School Candidate

Hey G.. I was sent to the State Ref for; 1) an Injen Intake
All the ticket said was modified intake, I had the Injen sticker on and it had the Carb Number but they didn't care..
THe thing was, it was late at night, wasn't speeding, just pulled over i believe for a 1 light on the license plate was out.
I popped the hood figuring they'd know what an Injen Carb Number was, nope. I said that intake is CARB Exempt and thats the number. Fockers said, I don't anything about that. Its modified so I'm sending you to the State Ref. He'll pass it if its legal. What a fockin' waste of time. So I had an SRT intake with the SRT sticker gone and INjen Sticker on. I get to the State Ref site, (Southwestern College auto shop) and show the guy my paper work for an Injen intake. He says that it is legal and I'm thinking, 'cool i'm outta here'. I turn around and the mechanics have got the sniffer in the tail pipe and the car on the rollers. I was like I still had my Headeres and race pipe on. The guy was looking over my heat shield trying to see my exhaust manifold. He even went to the computer and printed out what the stock manifold looks like with the 2 cats. THey do a quick run.. failed horribly like i failed math. The guy was cool though in that he goes, 'I suggest putting back on the stock manifold and the mid pipe'.. Went home and came back that day.. passed with flying colors...
So note to you:
1. At the State Ref, a full visual and sniffer smog test is done.
2. put on the manifold and the midpipe (in other words put all 3 cats back in, I tried with just the 3rd one in and failed as well)
3. take the belt off the blower and you should be okay since it runs on another wheel.
4. Find an Injen sticker and slap it over the LMS piping, find one for the blower as well.

Quick Reply: Got owned by C.H.P.