CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Got owned by C.H.P.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-06, 07:13 PM
KAME
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^
Wow, that's a lot of hassle for an intake. CA is such a pain in the ***, even if your car is stock.
Old 02-21-06, 09:31 PM
edawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by xknowonex
Ur better off getting 11-99 Foundation frames

where do you ge those...what what is that all about
Old 02-23-06, 10:27 PM
STRONG SC
Lead Lap

pay the fine, it's cheaper and has the least amount of headaches
Old 02-23-06, 11:38 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear you got sweated that bad....hopefully the referee thing wont be too expensive in terms of fines. I cant imagine how hard it will be to have to smog your car every year. Good luck bro!
Old 02-24-06, 11:39 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I heard that having no cat on the car is now a $10k fine + impound. Can someone verify this?
Old 02-24-06, 11:49 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by edawg
where do you ge those...what what is that all about

I believe its a foundation for the CHP for wives who may have lost there husbands in the line of duty. Not positive on this. I do know if you donate $1500 or more, you get the plate frame.

Basically, having that plate frame should get you out of any traffic violations on the hwy. Sort of a code thing for the CHP. However, that doesn't mean that LAPD can't pull you over and give you a ticket for a violation.

It's an ugly frame by the way.. .
Old 02-24-06, 01:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by GlobeCLK
I heard that having no cat on the car is now a $10k fine + impound. Can someone verify this?
correct, if they somehow see your car with no cat, the car will be TOWED away IMMEDIATELY, that's the worst you can ask for.

and about 911 foundation, yes, it's for chp. you have that plate and most likely you get away with a warning (not 100% of course. if you do 150mph i think you still get something). and yes, lapd probably won't give a damn about it, and like ken said, spotting that license plate frame is pretty ugly.... if they make it look nicer maybe i would consider it...
Old 02-27-06, 11:06 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

So if you get sent to the state ref, and pass, can you present that documentation everytime you get pulled over and be okay? Or is it a one time thing good for one offense only (where you'd have to go back to the state ref with every infringement?).
Old 02-27-06, 11:45 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by markgs4
So if you get sent to the state ref, and pass, can you present that documentation everytime you get pulled over and be okay? Or is it a one time thing good for one offense only (where you'd have to go back to the state ref with every infringement?).
for example if you get sent to ref for exhaust, and everything passed no problem at the ref. i believe you will get a sticker to put on the car and next time if any cop pulls you over you just need to show them that
Old 02-27-06, 01:35 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
for example if you get sent to ref for exhaust, and everything passed no problem at the ref. i believe you will get a sticker to put on the car and next time if any cop pulls you over you just need to show them that
That makes sense. When I got pulled over by the sherrif (earlier post, same thread), he told me I should consider going to the state ref on my own accord to have my car checked out (which I didnt know you could do..I thought you had to get a sent to the state ref if you got pulled over). I was just wondering whether it worth just going and having everything checked, and then just have the peace of mind that I wont get sweated down the road.
Old 02-27-06, 02:08 PM
White98ARISTO
Goldmember

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
This is not what I was told by the referee. If you pass you get documentation saying your car is legal, but just legal at this moment. I asked him this exact question and he said its up to the cop to believe you or not, because how does he know that you haven't made any changes to the car since you got tested last time, which is kinda true. So, you can use it next time you get pulled over, but if it doesn't work, then you might have to go through the whole process over again. Sucks.

Tommy
Old 02-27-06, 02:10 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by White98ARISTO
This is not what I was told by the referee. If you pass you get documentation saying your car is legal, but just legal at this moment. I asked him this exact question and he said its up to the cop to believe you or not, because how does he know that you haven't made any changes to the car since you got tested last time, which is kinda true. So, you can use it next time you get pulled over, but if it doesn't work, then you might have to go through the whole process over again. Sucks.

Tommy
Thanks Tommy. If that in fact is the case, then I'll just save my money and hope i never get sent to state ref.
Old 02-27-06, 03:03 PM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also about the 911 foundation, you have to be referred to someone already in it. As for ticks, a friend of mine was driving a modified M3 back from Vegas at extremely high speeds and with a warning. He was also given warnings from LAPD and the LA County Sheriffs. But this may be a rare occurance.
Old 02-27-06, 03:24 PM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they take pictures because they are cracking down on engine mods

in fact there is a whole division now dedicated to street racing and cracking down on engine mods... what engine goes with what car, etc...

and in addition, its just evidence for them in case you try and say you didn't have any mods on your car
Old 02-27-06, 06:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Dan_K
Also about the 911 foundation, you have to be referred to someone already in it. As for ticks, a friend of mine was driving a modified M3 back from Vegas at extremely high speeds and with a warning. He was also given warnings from LAPD and the LA County Sheriffs. But this may be a rare occurance.
ummm really? last time i went to their site they had a big "send in your donation" button

Quick Reply: Got owned by C.H.P.