CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Anyone know of a good muffler shop in San Diego?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-06, 05:46 PM
lexsc3
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone know of a good muffler shop in San Diego?

I live in the UTC/La Jolla area, anyone know of a good muffler shop around here?.....I need a place to just weld up a hole in my exhaust and wont tell me i need a whole new exhaust.
Old 02-16-06, 08:40 AM
antbo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

american mufflers in clairemont. off of convoy rd. a friend.of mine just told me the owner of american mufflers doest VERY good work. he actually owned a 11 sec celica that used to always compete in "batlle of imports". that might give you a good idea of the shop.

Last edited by antbo; 02-16-06 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-16-06, 12:42 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

The best muffler shop in San Diego:

http://www.edhansonsmuffler.com/

But sounds like any muffler shop can take care of what you need done.
Old 02-16-06, 01:55 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default ...

Yeah, American Muffler they've been around for quite some time now. I used to go to them when I was still rollin' in a domestic. They're honest and do good work.

As for ED Hanson's...yep, best in SD! They've been in business for a very long time. They have done everything from individual customer cars, to show cars to cars debuted in movies and magazines. I met Ed once, a good friend of mine introduced me to him. We were going to put some Dynomax 4 into 1 equal-length headers in my car and Ed was going to give them to me free, only thing he asked was that I pay for labor. Which at the time only came out to 150 bucks. The reason they were free was because at the time, Ed Hanson's was one of the largest distributors of Dynomax products so they gave him some Camaro/Firebrid headers to test fit on a car. Luckily for me it was a case of being in the right place at the right time...but a week later misfortune struck and I got into an accident...so I never did get to put the headers in...

Sorry to go off on a tangent...just got carried away, anyhow, yeah, Ed Hansons does quality work
Old 02-20-06, 07:05 PM
sammer619
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by antbo
american mufflers in clairemont. off of convoy rd. a friend.of mine just told me the owner of american mufflers doest VERY good work. he actually owned a 11 sec celica that used to always compete in "batlle of imports". that might give you a good idea of the shop.
i remember that Celica. It competed in the Outlaw class because it was running a V8 and a Cadillac tranmission. LOL, you should have seen the transmission hump in the drivers area. When he won at Palmdale, he gave out a big shout out to Pann Motorsports..
they do good work..
Ed Hansen though is well known.. in both domestic and import.