CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

question

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-06, 12:59 PM
aznxguy714
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question

My younger bro a few weeks back got a ticket for modified exhaust. he got his courtesy notice the other day and it says he has the option of attending traffic school or pay bail. I thought modified tickets were just fix it tickets and required some kind of proof of correction. Checking his ticket online his violation is modification of exhaust prohibited. i don't understand why they have an option to attend traffic school??? Has anyone gotten a ticket like this for a modified exhaust where they have the option of going to traffic school???? it doesn't say he requires proof of correction so i assuming he would be safe to just pay the bail amount and its a done deal. His ticket was given to him from a gang unit who couldn't get him for anything cause he has no record so i guess they slapped him with a modified exhaust ticket.
Old 03-05-06, 01:49 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default ...

I think any violation that deals with modification to exhaust or emissions has to go through a referee to see if the modification(s) are illegal. If everything checks out through the referee and he signs off on it, then your cool. I think that's how it goes. Hopefully someone else could shed more light on the issue.
Old 03-05-06, 02:12 PM
Jay
Lexus Champion

READ his ticket again.... Are you sure it's a "fixing" ticket ?? If it's a fixing ticket, then like aznxguy714 said, jus go to local police station and fix it and pay $10 plus. Games over !!

I don't think this is that case. Seems to me your bro got a "traffic violation" ticket. This is why they're giving you a choice to go to traffic school or pay the bail amount and there goes your point in your insurance account !!

Either way I would go see a judge first to clarify this b4 do anything !! If you don't want that route, then jus go to traffic school and drive carefully for next 18 months !!

Good luck man !!

JAY
Old 03-05-06, 10:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay
READ his ticket again.... Are you sure it's a "fixing" ticket ?? If it's a fixing ticket, then like aznxguy714 said, jus go to local police station and fix it and pay $10 plus. Games over !!

I don't think this is that case. Seems to me your bro got a "traffic violation" ticket. This is why they're giving you a choice to go to traffic school or pay the bail amount and there goes your point in your insurance account !!

Either way I would go see a judge first to clarify this b4 do anything !! If you don't want that route, then jus go to traffic school and drive carefully for next 18 months !!

Good luck man !!

JAY
yeah i agree with jay, it seems like a MOVING violation, not just a fix ticket. that's why traffic school is an option. if it's fix it, well, you fix it and show it to cop/chp and you are good for that 10 bucks fine
Old 03-05-06, 10:45 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
yeah i agree with jay, it seems like a MOVING violation, not just a fix ticket. that's why traffic school is an option. if it's fix it, well, you fix it and show it to cop/chp and you are good for that 10 bucks fine
I tend to agree but w/ recent california policy on modified cars.... things may have changed. I do know of alot of vehicles that have been handed Referee's out of the blue. It seems more common as of late. Could be just me being paranoid though....
Old 03-06-06, 12:19 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by UptownGS
I tend to agree but w/ recent california policy on modified cars.... things may have changed. I do know of alot of vehicles that have been handed Referee's out of the blue. It seems more common as of late. Could be just me being paranoid though....
hahaa, it would be funny (in a retarded way) if modified exhaust becomes a moving violation.

california man -- there are no limits on imagination (for cops)
Old 03-06-06, 10:59 AM
aznxguy714
Pole Position

well i talked to the court and they told me he has the option of going to traffic school or pail bail. I asked if this modification of exhaust prohibited requires proof of correction and they said no. So i just paid the bail amount and its a done deal. I guess my bro got lucky cause my homie just got a ticket for modified exhaust and his courtesy noticed said proof of correction. well bail was 109 dollars for my bro citiation. well thanks for the response guys. oh yea i forgot to mention in my first post that he lost his citation so that is why i didn't know if it stated on his citation. I have gotten fix it tickets before and if i'm not mistaken on the courtesy notice it would say proof of correction required but in this case it didn't. well thanks again guys.

Last edited by aznxguy714; 03-06-06 at 11:02 AM.