CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Any reputable rim repair shops in san diego?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-06, 01:31 PM
zenki300
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any reputable rim repair shops in san diego?

I was wondering if anyone could refer me to any rim repair shops here in san diego that do quality work. My brother bought a set of rims (AME rims) that were delivered to my house through Fedex, and now 2 of the 4 rims are bent at the lip. My brother is currently deployed in iraq, so he's left me in charge of dealing with this matter. Fortunately the seller for the rims also bought shipping insurance for the packages and is willing to help us out. All I need to do now is find a shop that will get me a quote for the repair so I can get the reimbursement for the damages. Any suggestions would be appreciated... thanks.

Jeff.
Old 03-08-06, 10:50 PM
SDLexus
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A IS300.net member took his rims to Spy Engineering to get them fixed after an automated carwash ruined them. They looked good-as-new afterwards so you might want to check with them. Good luck.
Old 03-09-06, 08:16 AM
zenki300
Driver

Hey thanks! I'll definitely try to check them out this weekend if it's not raining like the weather forecast is predicting. Here's a link to the rims my brother just bought from another Legacy owner. His car will look basically like the one pictured, except his has clear corners and those huge "melon-shooter" Greddy exhaust mufflers... I usually make fun of him for driving a family wagon, but 300+ hp and a bark that only a modified boxer 4 makes usually shuts me up.
Old 03-09-06, 08:20 AM
antbo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

autofashion, in miramar can take care of this. 858-635-6620. but they'll be hosting that round-up this saturday.
Old 03-09-06, 03:34 PM
LS430FAN
Rookie

Yah Autofashion does rim repair give them a call because i dont think SPY is around anymore.
Old 03-12-06, 01:03 AM
zenki300
Driver

Thanks everybody for your help/suggestions. I dropped by Autofashion last Friday and they took care of everything I needed. I really don't know all their names except for Freddie's, but it was the other other bald guy (harold is it?) that helped me get the quote I needed. It's been a while since I've been there, so I didn't know they did rim repair as well.
Antbo, Freddie even told me when I got there that you already gave him a heads up that "someone on clublexus was looking for rim repair." So that was kind of cool, thanks.

(for everyone driving in the general miramar area, watch out for those potholes!)

Jeff.
Old 03-12-06, 01:13 AM
antbo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zenki300
Thanks everybody for your help/suggestions. I dropped by Autofashion last Friday and they took care of everything I needed. I really don't know all their names except for Freddie's, but it was the other other bald guy (harold is it?) that helped me get the quote I needed. It's been a while since I've been there, so I didn't know they did rim repair as well.
Antbo, Freddie even told me when I got there that you already gave him a heads up that "someone on clublexus was looking for rim repair." So that was kind of cool, thanks.

(for everyone driving in the general miramar area, watch out for those potholes!)

Jeff.
no problem, just helpin out

bald dude, your probalby talkin about "elroy". short, light skinned??
Old 03-18-06, 06:42 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bump for AutoFashion, those guys are awesome!

best prices down in SoCal...!!! you can tell i'm a fan!