CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Need Help from So Cal guys.. Shop broken into, parts stolen! $1000 REWARD!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-06, 11:44 AM
2jzsc3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump for some new pictures of the getaway van.. Anyone recognize that crown-like logo? Anyone have any idea what company that might be?
Old 03-28-06, 12:07 PM
ShadyJC
Lexus Test Driver

Looks like the Budweiser Select logo to me.
Attached Images  
Old 03-28-06, 12:45 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's Possible. Animated layering of the crown

**It can also be an old bud truck with the decals removed but leaving the dirty print around it.
Notice how the dark spots fit around the logo that i've inserted?

Maybe give this a try. Contact the police to see if they can get a listing from budweiser of used trucks/vans that were sold
Attached Thumbnails Need Help from So Cal guys.. Shop broken into, parts stolen! 00 REWARD!-untitled-1.gif  

Last edited by mikal; 03-28-06 at 12:49 PM.
Old 03-28-06, 12:48 PM
Jay
Lexus Champion

Walk into local wheel/motor shops (nearby)...... Go in and ask to see if they have any rims available for an NSX !!! Call around too.... U never know !!!
Old 03-28-06, 12:55 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

they probabaly dont even know what car the rim is for
Old 03-28-06, 01:49 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

I seriously HATE personal property theft with a passion. There was a GS at the shop today that got busted into. Haha go buglarize with a marked van... Dumbasses
Old 03-28-06, 05:55 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

What kind of shop do you have in Irwindale there, Ken?
Old 03-28-06, 07:40 PM
2jzsc3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rgarjr
What kind of shop do you have in Irwindale there, Ken?

We sell brakes, clutches, shocks, & tires. No service, just parts distribution.

Mikal, thanks! Your animation makes so much sense. Unfortunately, the cops around here don't seem to care. They consider this minor and wouldn't do any extra investigation. When the 6 police cars came, all 6 officers went in first to clear the place. They just looked around really fast and just left saying that they probably used gloves and there's no need to get prints. I talked to my buddy which is also a cop of the LAPD and he said that if I really wanted to do something about this, I would need to hire a private investigator. These things happen too often so the police just lets it happen.
Old 03-28-06, 08:05 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

It kinda sucks that they dont want to do anything. Catchings these *******s would result in lower crime rate. Isnt that what the police is paid for? So i dont see why they dont investigate. Thats their job right? Local Merchants pay a big part of their pay anyways with sales & use tax.
Old 03-28-06, 08:27 PM
2jzsc3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mikal
It kinda sucks that they dont want to do anything. Catchings these *******s would result in lower crime rate. Isnt that what the police is paid for? So i dont see why they dont investigate. Thats their job right? Local Merchants pay a big part of their pay anyways with sales & use tax.

You're exactly right. I donated $250 to the local police in January just so they can send me a stupid plaque. I originally said no, but they kept calling every other day. I just said yes so they would stop bugging me. They even rushed someone out to me with the plaque the next day to pick up the check.

I want my money back!
Old 03-28-06, 08:33 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2jzsc3
You're exactly right. I donated $250 to the local police in January just so they can send me a stupid plaque. I originally said no, but they kept calling every other day. I just said yes so they would stop bugging me. They even rushed someone out to me with the plaque the next day to pick up the check.

I want my money back!

Yea, they kept bugging me before. I keep saying sorry.. i wont be making a donation. Never bugged me since. hmm.. Do you have the plaque up? Maybe the didnt dust for prints was because they didnt see the plaque on your wall.
Old 03-28-06, 08:58 PM
the_ez_rhino
Lead Lap

make sure to save some favorite searches on ebay for any criteria that they might put in the item title; size, brand, model number, then also save a favorite search for just wheels and rims but set it to search within 200 miles or so. that way if anything gets listed you will get an email about it.
Old 03-29-06, 09:25 AM
2jzsc3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by the_ez_rhino
make sure to save some favorite searches on ebay for any criteria that they might put in the item title; size, brand, model number, then also save a favorite search for just wheels and rims but set it to search within 200 miles or so. that way if anything gets listed you will get an email about it.

Thanks for the tip!

Mikal.. The plaque is in a box somewhere in storage.. As for your animation, a fellow from NSXPrime says he owns a van that used to belong to Budweiser, and he says that it does look possible that that is what it is on the picture I have posted...
Old 03-31-06, 09:35 PM
edawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2jzsc3

I want my money back!
hahaha..my company donates money to the santa barbara fire department, and the day we said that we donate money they sent and drunk and smoking 70+ old man to pick up the check...at least u got a plaque.
Old 04-03-06, 04:15 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

I hope you find these scumbags. Here's a quick photoshop enhanced version.

There's a little more contrast you can pick out.
Attached Thumbnails Need Help from So Cal guys.. Shop broken into, parts stolen! 00 REWARD!-getaway3.jpg  

Quick Reply: Need Help from So Cal guys.. Shop broken into, parts stolen! $1000 REWARD!