CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

I Hate Hollywood!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-06, 01:46 AM
BlkGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Hate Hollywood!!!

God I hate that place so much!

Too much traffic, too many lights, idiot drivers, and bastard pigs who have nothing better to do then cruise up and down the street looking to pull someone over (me) for tints!

**** THE POLICE!!!
Old 04-03-06, 01:55 AM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1

I hate em too... Hollywood... sunset.... they all suck... I hate going out to these places in my car..... po po's love to pull you over, especially when they realize that they'll never be able to rive such a nice car

And before people start getting their panties in a twist, I say it because I've had cops pull me over do a complete search of the car and then having to deal with accusations of the car being too nice for me and asking how I acquired it... oh and I’m usually obeying the dam laws when I get pulled over like this... they use an excuse like tints or something minor to pull me over initially....
Old 04-03-06, 02:25 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

several places in LA i would try to avoid going as much as possible especially with my lexus. hollywood being one of them
Old 04-03-06, 09:16 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I havent been in a while but I'd still go ...Ive only been pulled over once ..for loud music
and not in my GS
Old 04-03-06, 10:34 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Man, you should know better! Cops own Hollywood on Fri,Sat,Sun nights. Many of us don't even attempt to drive the car to a club or bar. Even no front plate, you are asking to be pulled over. Better off carpooling with one of your friends.

Also, stop cursing the police in your threads. They don't make the laws, just inforce them. I have 2 friends (LAPD & HWY Patrol) and they both hate having to pull people over for vehicle modifications. Bottom Line: In CA, if you're going to have limo tint, no plate, exhaust, turbo, supercharger, etc, you will get nailed sooner or later. That's the chance we take.

BTW: I generally get pulled over once every couple of months.
Old 04-03-06, 10:42 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexiss_sc400
+1

I hate em too... Hollywood... sunset.... they all suck... I hate going out to these places in my car..... po po's love to pull you over, especially when they realize that they'll never be able to rive such a nice car
Don't fool yourself bro... My buddies make close to 80-90K a year with their overtime. They very well can afford to buy a Lexus, BMW, MB but choose to buy nice house's instead.
Old 04-03-06, 10:52 AM
uncle_el
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LXOGOOD
. I have 2 friends (LAPD & HWY Patrol) and they both hate having to pull people over for vehicle modifications.
but they don't have to pull people over, they choose to. after all, they don't pull over every single car with tint on the front windows, even though any amount of tint on the front windows is illegal:
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc26708.htm

i had a car for 9 years with front tint (not my lexus) and never had an incident. a few months ago, i was pulled over for simply having front tint. i asked the officer about a minimum allowance, he stated that any amount on the front windows is illegal, and that it's been that way for 15 years.

clearly, many vehicles in so cal have tint on the front windows of varying degrees of visibility/light transmittance. clearly, all of these vehicles are not pulled over on a daily basis. clearly, police officers/law enforcement chooses if/when they will enforce this law.

i can concede that front window tint is illegal. but officers do not have to pull people over for it, rather they choose to exercise the option.
Old 04-03-06, 12:42 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by uncle_el
but they don't have to pull people over, they choose to. after all, they don't pull over every single car with tint on the front windows, even though any amount of tint on the front windows is illegal:
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc26708.htm

i had a car for 9 years with front tint (not my lexus) and never had an incident. a few months ago, i was pulled over for simply having front tint. i asked the officer about a minimum allowance, he stated that any amount on the front windows is illegal, and that it's been that way for 15 years.

clearly, many vehicles in so cal have tint on the front windows of varying degrees of visibility/light transmittance. clearly, all of these vehicles are not pulled over on a daily basis. clearly, police officers/law enforcement chooses if/when they will enforce this law.

i can concede that front window tint is illegal. but officers do not have to pull people over for it, rather they choose to exercise the option.
Agreed 110%

I took the risk and drove my Lex to Hollywod this past Saturday night, to the White Lotus as a matter of fact, and didn't have any issues thank goodness. It's frightening to drive in Hollywood on weekend nights because there's just so much going on and so many distractions to drivers, plus the cops being posted up on every corner basically picking and choosing who they want to pull over

Don't pull people over and ruin their night over a $10 modification ticket!!!! There's tons of drunk drivers you could be getting instead!!!
Old 04-03-06, 12:45 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by uncle_el

Look, let's be real here. If you have tint on the front windows and the officer can see you through it, you most likely won't be pulled over. It's only when the officer can't see you clearly when it becomes a problem. Usually tint in the range of limo-30% becomes a problem. Don't get me wrong, I hate the policy and hate when I'm pulled over for my tint. I have limo all around due to all the audio/video in my car... But I understand why they do it. And yes, if they exercised the option more often, I would be pulled over once a week.

The reason why cops flood Hollywood and have traffic barriers setup is to get people off the streets from cruising. Usually, a few fix-it tickets will get you to car pool next time.

Now, if you want to talk about vehicle profiling, then that's another story...

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 04-03-06 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04-03-06, 01:52 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

The reason why cops flood Hollywood and have traffic barriers setup is to get people off the streets from cruising. Usually, a few fix-it tickets will get you to car pool next time.
Ken, help me to understand why just on weekend nights this is a problem? Those "cruisers" will usually stop somewhere in Hollywood and spend money (revenue), so I don't see what the problem is? Everyone knows Sunset, Hollywood Bl, and Santa Monica are thick on weekend nights, if people don't want to be a part of that crowd they can easily avoid the area.

It just seems like LA is getting "anti-fun" these days. Like cops are saying, "If you can afford a nice car and still have money to go clubbing in Hollywood then you can kick a little of that into the local court system" blah!
Old 04-03-06, 03:40 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I Know.. and that was only suppose to be a joke ken.... but its like when they tell you that this car is too nice to be yours and that it must be stolen.. I just wanna smack them upside the head....

Don't fool yourself bro... My buddies make close to 80-90K a year with their overtime. They very well can afford to buy a Lexus, BMW, MB but choose to buy nice house's instead.
Old 04-03-06, 08:54 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Yup the cops over there at Sunset are many and will pull you over for any little thing.
Old 04-04-06, 10:12 PM
BlkGS3
Lexus Champion

Good news!

My friend used to work as a security guard in a community college (he is the ****er that gave away the parking tix). Anyway the station was ran by sheriff deputies and after giving them a call, he told me that they can sign my ticket without me having to remove the tints
Old 04-05-06, 12:34 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Also, stop cursing the police in your threads.
I know Ken asked about cursing the police but please refrain from cursing period. It is part of the rules on CL. I won't name any names.
Old 04-05-06, 02:11 AM
lexsterES
Pole Position

In Hollywood one must know the back streets to avoid idiotic snorting!

Quick Reply: I Hate Hollywood!!!