CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

tire shop in 626

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-06, 08:11 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased my coilovers about 2 yrs ago from super vip motoring. The customer service is average and they told me I could go back for free adjustments. I learned to do all the adjusting myself since I am pretty picky with my car.
Old 04-12-06, 10:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Bebber
I've taken my car to Impex before and got quality results from them, but that was at least two years ago. I genuinely think that their quality and attitude has changed for the worse since that time. Most recently, around last December 05, I took my Acura TL to them to get the factory springs and shocks put back in. Seems like a simple swap to me. A few days later I heard some odd sounds when driving it over moderately bumpy roads. Impex said I should just wait and get an alignment and the problem will be fixed. Not true.

So a month later, the noise is still there, Impex says they're charge me more money to look at the car and that they're too busy right now anyways so I should wait till later and I take my car elsewhere to get a second opinion and they tell me that whoever did the suspension work last put the wrong bushings back on the car. I'm like ! They showed me the crushed shock bushings and believe me I was furious that a shop like Impex could commit such a careless and obvious mistake. Some other car out there is problem driving around using my bushings instead.

I was tempted to go back to Impex to give them a piece of my mind, but I figured it wouldn't do any good with those greedy guys . I'll just resort to telling my story online to whomever will listen.

Sorry to hear about your friend's experience at discount tires, Mikal. That really sucks. I bet Henry's got something to say about LMW too, but I'll leave that up to him.

So, any other recommendations for shops in the 626? My friend warms me about Promax on Garfield. How's Pitwell Crew? or VIP on Valley near Fremont?

-Josh
ah, sorry to hear that man.... but yeah i haven't been there for a long long time, basically since 02.... i have been going to tm engineering, but they are in carson.

lmw? i won't say much about them. they aren't really worth my time and those who read know what happened and can decide for themselves
Old 04-17-06, 10:26 AM
bing0916
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the reply guys/girls i'm going to check out grand prixx and discount tires hope they are cheap : ) ohh yea have you guys had any problems with high polish rims with those tire shops when mounting on tires like scratches dents or anything?