CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

tire shop in 626

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-06, 01:00 AM
bing0916
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tire shop in 626

can any 1 tell me a good tire shop in 626 that install springs on 2006 gs300 and have decent price on tires

thank you
Old 04-12-06, 12:59 AM
Bebber
Rookie

I've most recently used Discount Tire Centers in El Monte. This location is more modding friendly than most and will do spring installs and alignment for you at the same time.

Whatever you do, stay away from IMPEX motorsports on San Gabriel Blvd. They jacked up my Acura TL when they did a "simple" spring and shock install and refused to fix it without charging me extra dinero.
Old 04-12-06, 01:18 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

what happened with impex? i had them do something before and referred couple of people, so far it's been fine. definitely like to know what happened
Old 04-12-06, 03:06 AM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bebber
I've most recently used Discount Tire Centers in El Monte. This location is more modding friendly than most and will do spring installs and alignment for you at the same time.

Whatever you do, stay away from IMPEX motorsports on San Gabriel Blvd. They jacked up my Acura TL when they did a "simple" spring and shock install and refused to fix it without charging me extra dinero.
I hated Discount Tire in El Monte. The owner or managers are a bunch of ******. My friend bought bilstein coilovers from them and had them install it. They said to come back anytime he wants to get it adjusted. He went back to adjust the height because it was too low for the new tires he bought(from some other place). They refused to adjust the height because he didnt buy the tires from them. At that point we were . What does the tires have to do with them adjusting the height? The coilovers were bought from them. So we asked for the adjustment wrench. They refused to hand it over and claimed of some liability issue. So we argued with them for a bit and left. Friend Never went back again and i will never do business there after that experience.
Old 04-12-06, 07:58 AM
ShadyJC
Lexus Test Driver

Actually Luxury Motorworks can get pretty good prices on tires, if you tell them exactly what you need. I believe they are the Tire Rack recommended installer for their area.... and of course they can install the springs for you as well.
Old 04-12-06, 10:15 AM
Bebber
Rookie

Originally Posted by rominl
what happened with impex? i had them do something before and referred couple of people, so far it's been fine. definitely like to know what happened
I've taken my car to Impex before and got quality results from them, but that was at least two years ago. I genuinely think that their quality and attitude has changed for the worse since that time. Most recently, around last December 05, I took my Acura TL to them to get the factory springs and shocks put back in. Seems like a simple swap to me. A few days later I heard some odd sounds when driving it over moderately bumpy roads. Impex said I should just wait and get an alignment and the problem will be fixed. Not true.

So a month later, the noise is still there, Impex says they're charge me more money to look at the car and that they're too busy right now anyways so I should wait till later and I take my car elsewhere to get a second opinion and they tell me that whoever did the suspension work last put the wrong bushings back on the car. I'm like ! They showed me the crushed shock bushings and believe me I was furious that a shop like Impex could commit such a careless and obvious mistake. Some other car out there is problem driving around using my bushings instead.

I was tempted to go back to Impex to give them a piece of my mind, but I figured it wouldn't do any good with those greedy guys . I'll just resort to telling my story online to whomever will listen.

Sorry to hear about your friend's experience at discount tires, Mikal. That really sucks. I bet Henry's got something to say about LMW too, but I'll leave that up to him.

So, any other recommendations for shops in the 626? My friend warms me about Promax on Garfield. How's Pitwell Crew? or VIP on Valley near Fremont?

-Josh
Old 04-12-06, 11:48 AM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mikal
I hated Discount Tire in El Monte. The owner or managers are a bunch of ******. My friend bought bilstein coilovers from them and had them install it. They said to come back anytime he wants to get it adjusted. He went back to adjust the height because it was too low for the new tires he bought(from some other place). They refused to adjust the height because he didnt buy the tires from them. At that point we were . What does the tires have to do with them adjusting the height? The coilovers were bought from them. So we asked for the adjustment wrench. They refused to hand it over and claimed of some liability issue. So we argued with them for a bit and left. Friend Never went back again and i will never do business there after that experience.

Yeah, stay away from discount tires in el monte. They do terrible job and the managers are ******. They scratch up my rims by just changing my tires and refuse to any responsibility, plus they almost broke my body kit because they don't know how to jack up the car. I never go there again. I'm also interested if finding a good place around the 626 area.
Old 04-12-06, 12:02 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

I had good experiences at Discount Tire. I only deal with Vic. For a local shop they are way cheaper than other places and my car came back fine.
Old 04-12-06, 01:17 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
I had good experiences at Discount Tire. I only deal with Vic. For a local shop they are way cheaper than other places and my car came back fine.
Vic is a four eyed *****.. He tried selling me fake Work Rims before.. They also messed up my sway bar when i took it them. I'll stay away from Discount tires in EL monte.

I recommend Grand Prixx tires in Monterey park.. They match tire rack prices and do springs and shocks installs. They also uses the most update hunter alignment machine, the same one lexus dealerships uses.
Old 04-12-06, 01:23 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007

Vic was the guy that we were arguing with.
My other friend had a problem with vic also and ended with an argument. So basically, none of my friends ever go there anymore.
Old 04-12-06, 02:21 PM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i got my wheels and tires from Impex. they gave me the best price. i compared prices from Impex, SP engineering, and Discount Tire Center. they charged me tirerack prices for tires and 15% off for the wheels. no labor charges to mount tires and install wheels onto my car. paid cash, so no tax.

i also replaced tires for an audi at impex. paid cash and labor for tires were $40 dollars no tax.

discount tires have hidden charges. you can probably squeeze free alignment from Vic, but he'll probably make you wait more than 2 hours. i never liked dealing with vic, or discount tire. the moment i ask for a price break, they become agitated. if you are willing to do what vic recommends and pay his price, he will treat you very well.
Old 04-12-06, 02:39 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

I heard from one other person who used to go to Vic, but stopped going that he felt he was treated unfairly by Vic. But he's been great to me and pleasant to deal with. I shopped at 2 other local rim/tire places and Vic came in much lower. Got me in and out in 1 hour for install and had a guy deliver my old tires/rims to my house and helped me store them away at no extra charge.
When I had a flat tire and needed a replacement he didn't have it in stock and got a guy to make a run to pick one up right away. He also gave me a good price on it.
It's so strange, I dealt with him 3 times and he's always nice to me. I recommend him to everyone in LA. Oh well, to each his own I guess.
Old 04-12-06, 04:08 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

maybe because you're a girl!
Old 04-12-06, 05:27 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

If you want things done, you got to do it youself...
Old 04-12-06, 07:57 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

maybe because you're a girl!
HAHAHAHAHA. Discrimination in reverse. I need to work this angle more often.

Quick Reply: tire shop in 626