CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Left Longo service feeling like crap.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-06, 10:29 PM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone in the "car sales" industry know whether these complaints and issues really matter... or just smoke for covering up their ineptitude? Does it really matter? I mean, I know the survey thing after I buy the car has to matter for some kind of bonus for the sales guy... but how about Service people? Are my words futile if I complain?

Also all these negative comments regarding Longo... what about any positives?
Old 08-03-06, 07:00 AM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OutlawsX
Anyone in the "car sales" industry know whether these complaints and issues really matter... or just smoke for covering up their ineptitude? Does it really matter? I mean, I know the survey thing after I buy the car has to matter for some kind of bonus for the sales guy... but how about Service people? Are my words futile if I complain?

Also all these negative comments regarding Longo... what about any positives?
well every company has their own policy...but usually when they send you a "how did we do" thing those REALLY REALLY matter. Those matter because they go to corporate and that's how individual dealerships get their "best of the best" or "president's award" etc etc...

use that info to your leverage
Old 08-04-06, 03:09 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by melodic
the way i see it is that most people don't regularly bring their car in for service every scheduled maintenance and everyone just goes to the dealership when there's a major problem. so if you never gave them your business and one day you suddenely come waltzing into their dealership asking for free ***** and wanting them to take care of your rotors or whatever when you're not even within warranty anymore they're gonna go tell you to go kick rocks. sales and service are totally different departments

*puts flame suit on*
I will make just couple comments and leave it for you guys. Well, I am not your "most people" who goes to the dealership when my Lexus has issue. My first Lexus was 97 SC300 and had the car service every 3000 (even they recommended 5000) miles with Mobile One at Longo. My 2001 GS was never touch by anyone other than Longo until recently because their lack of customer "SERVICES". The bottomline is, I am happy to see that Longo is expanding but not at the cost of their customer service . After all, that is one of the reason whys I get the Lexus. Luckly, Longo is not the only Lexus dealership out there and if they can't maintain its commitment to serve its customer right, I will take my money somewhere else. that is including my next Lexus purchase as well.
Old 08-04-06, 03:52 PM
wdlugitch
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I just received a telephone call from Liz , the supervisor, at Lexus Customer Satisifaction. She said they appreciate my loyalty, having bought four new cars from them, and they would like to send me a letter entitling me to $250.00 of free service at LONGO. I told her to send it out.
Old 08-05-06, 09:53 PM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ATSOU
Even with all the bad services & complaints, Longo still packs their garage with all the cars that come in for services. That's why they don't care about their customer service. Because they are selling so many cars.
Longo Lexus does a good job with the LX470!

But when there is a technical issue with the car they don’t want to fix it or they try to rip me off.

Lates
Old 08-08-06, 01:54 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wdlugitch
I just received a telephone call from Liz , the supervisor, at Lexus Customer Satisifaction. She said they appreciate my loyalty, having bought four new cars from them, and they would like to send me a letter entitling me to $250.00 of free service at LONGO. I told her to send it out.
Hello Wdlug. Can you provide me with Liz's number and extension at Longo Lexus so I can file a complaint with her as well. Thanks.
Old 08-10-06, 10:34 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

so you spend damn near $200k on cars from them and they do the "right thing" by giving you $250 worth of "free" service?? That ain't jack to them. It's like tossing you a tic-tac. What a load of crap
Old 08-10-06, 09:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

man wong.... what a joke he is...... i would rather have my car broken down on the road than him touching it. had him "served" me several times and everything was just horrible. i agree that the customer service at longer has gone way down.

and also, not going to dealership often doesn't mean i know jack about cars. i could have been maintaining the cars myself or have my mechanic do the job. whenever i go to dealership, a lot of times i have problems for them to fix, and seriously, longo is just crap.... i go to another lexus dealerships and they have treated me so well, i almost just give the car to them and let them work on it no questions asked
Old 08-10-06, 09:37 PM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

After reading this thread.. and even reading it from a Moderator... I'll pass on Longo and go to another dealership for my first service. Even though that's where I got my car, I don't want to take my chances and face this Mr. Wong guy.

Wonder how many real life complaints he's had...

Service goes a LONG way...
Old 08-10-06, 10:33 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Amazing to hear about so many things about Man Wong.

Gives me the urge to go back to the dealer to give him a good chew!
Old 08-10-06, 11:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by pocky
Amazing to hear about so many things about Man Wong.

Gives me the urge to go back to the dealer to give him a good chew!
let's just say not everyon at longo likes him to begin with.

i don't have particular beef with this guy, but i would just avoid him at all cost. forgot if i mentioned why.

1) gs400 check engine light. diagnosed for the whole day (and night), came back the second day saying they reset the computer, found nothing wrong, just asked me to use some techtron. huh?! of course probably stayed, and a year later, a GOOD tech at another dealership found out the fuel pump was bad

2) took my sc430 in (brand new) for door speaker rattles. must be my luck, it was him again..... of course rattle was still there after i got the car back after the whole weekend, and got fixed later on by the GOOD tech. worst of all, i made appointment and went there around noon time. he said sorry but they had no loaners anymore, but he could get me a rental car. err..... no thanks..... my salesperson later found crap load of loaner cars lined up outside service center, and she got me a rx330 for the weekend.....

just don't feel like i am getting the type of service and results i was looking for
Old 08-10-06, 11:16 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Man. Looks like Longo offers service equivalent to Jiffy Lube.

Lexus of Westminster was great to me, well they were nice to me whenever I came in to buy some stuff, minus the time they wanted $12 per quart of ATF.

I'll spread the word about Longo, and hopefully get mr. wong fired too.

1999 Lexus GS400
-Stock

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page.
Old 08-13-06, 06:50 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GSteg
Man. Looks like Longo offers service equivalent to Jiffy Lube.

Lexus of Westminster was great to me, well they were nice to me whenever I came in to buy some stuff, minus the time they wanted $12 per quart of ATF.

I'll spread the word about Longo, and hopefully get mr. wong fired too.

1999 Lexus GS400
-Stock

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page.
Yup Man Wong is definitely horrible. I say a lot of us should call up the guest satisfaction dept at Longo to complaint. That will make them reconstruct internally in their service department. Since heres so many unsatisfy customers, it's the right thing to do to make the complaint.
Old 08-14-06, 12:20 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i thought about calling, but sometimes i wonder if he will be fired?
Old 08-14-06, 10:30 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmmm, who knows? Maybe we should just voice 'our' opinions about Mr. Man Wong.

On another note, I recently took my car to Keyes Lexus (Nothing wrong with Glendale ). I went there with a friend of mine, on high regards to the Chief Mechanic Ed Luhan. We went there so he can personally take care of our cars.

I had a alignment issue and the suspension clank. Ed Luhan finished my car in just a mere 5 hours. The car just runs great now.

Quick Reply: Left Longo service feeling like crap.