CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Left Longo service feeling like crap.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-07, 06:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
Funny this thread has resurfaced and I can't believe people continue to have bad experiences with Longo. I can't agree with GlobeCLK more and looks like all those service friendly consultants are gone. I remember recently when I helped my friend negotiated and bought her Prius at Longo Toyota (I don't even understand why I took my friend there to begin with now), I went over wanting to see the new LS. Although I don't like to be bothered by sales while I am checking out the car, there was NO ONE SALES came and asked me if I needed assistance. I definitely don't recalled this when I bought my first Lexus there back in 1997 (I was 21 years old at that time), and several other times when i was checking the showroom while my car was being serviced. I think including myself, family and friends (with my referral) we have collectively bought at least 8 cars from Longo (5 Lexus/3 Toyota). Do you think I will go back or referring anyone in the future??? Don't count on it (if someone is reading) unless some significant changes are done.
drive in with your sc430 and they will come rushing at you. every time we drive there in our sc430, sales (phural) come and ask how they can help. i remember one time i was driving another car and god we got nothing
Old 01-16-07, 11:48 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
drive in with your sc430 and they will come rushing at you. every time we drive there in our sc430, sales (phural) come and ask how they can help. i remember one time i was driving another car and god we got nothing
that reminded me of a visit there last year when i was 2is-shopping.

i pulled up in my beater nissan maxima, and none of the salesmen flinched. not within five minutes my brother pulls up in a 2k5 BMW 530i, and he had at least three salesmen asking if they could help him from the visitor parking to where the 2is's were parked. as my brother told each of them that i was the one buying the car, they all said (to the same effect) "oh... go ahead and take your time," and went back to hang out w/ other salesmen.
Old 01-17-07, 12:05 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the funny thing is i asked longo how much they could work on price for a is350 and they refused to go lower then 1000 off msrp. and they're suppposed to be the biggest dealer? as for the whole helping you out depending on what car you drive up in, almost every dealer i've ever been to does that.
Old 01-17-07, 09:38 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AM1
the funny thing is i asked longo how much they could work on price for a is350 and they refused to go lower then 1000 off msrp. and they're suppposed to be the biggest dealer? as for the whole helping you out depending on what car you drive up in, almost every dealer i've ever been to does that.
^ same here. their best offer was $1500 off MSRP. least to say i took my business elsewhere.
Old 01-17-07, 11:51 AM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The salesperson that helped me was pretty cool. I was able to work a deal lower than $2500+ off MSRP. I'm sure not everyone is the same, but I was surprised that this sales person was helpful after reading all the negative reviews.

Based solely on the reviews here, I'm scared to bring my car for service :P
Old 01-17-07, 01:11 PM
zoomtt
Rookie

I just got my 2IS from Longo, BUT I did everything through internet manager Marc Fata. We started dealing around invoice. Great person. After the deal was done, I went to the dealership, test drove the car which is all clean and ready to go, and I was out of there within an hour. I highly recommend you contact Marc.
Now as far as service, After reading here, I might go to Riverside, Westminster, or maybe newport.
Old 01-17-07, 01:28 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

^ HE was the guy (marc fata, not zoomtt) that gave me the obligatory $1k off msrp.

zoomtt> wondering... what's the specs on your 2is?
Old 01-17-07, 01:56 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AM1
as for the whole helping you out depending on what car you drive up in, almost every dealer i've ever been to does that.
Longo wasn't like that before if I recalled, obviously things have changed.
Old 01-17-07, 06:43 PM
milky
Lexus Champion

longos cool
Old 01-18-07, 06:37 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
Longo wasn't like that before if I recalled, obviously things have changed.
The day that I bought my GS years ago, I rolled up in a beat up Cadillac. I went there myself, 18 years old, and I was immediately greeted by the salesperson. Needless to say we got the car through him, and the experience was pleasant.

Elizabeth was great when she was around too.
Old 01-20-07, 12:22 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just had my car serviced for rattles at Longo.

i got it back with sneaker swipe marks on the door sill, and kick marks on the driver door. dirt smudges on the arm rest. and that's not the end of the list, since it's dark outside and i can't see **** until daylight.

Are they supposed to dirty your car and not clean it?

Do you think I can get some complimentary services for my "pain and suffering"?

Does Longo customer service even give a **** about complaints?
Old 02-21-07, 12:08 AM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

my aunt knows someone that works there...so i get good service =P
Old 02-21-07, 12:59 AM
LexusIS-TL
Lead Lap

Damnit, I'm suppose to get my service done at Longo too!!!! Now am I suppose to get my car services at the dealer where I bought my car or can I go to any Lexus service dealer? I think Longo gave me some incentives to hav my car serviced there like free rental cars and such.
Old 02-21-07, 01:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

you can go to any dealership

all dealers have loaners if you reserve them ahead of time
Old 02-21-07, 10:36 PM
white12ice
Rookie

I think the best place to get you car service is at Westminster Lexus. You have to deal with the right service consultant. I've dealt with a few different consultant before, until I was recommended to Kim Ho. She was very up front and honest. I told her what was wrong with my car, and told me to come in. Good think all the problems were in warranty.

Quick Reply: Left Longo service feeling like crap.