CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

First Speeding Ticket.. :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-06 | 02:50 AM
AgBlue
Pole Position

Default UPDATE : Need Help.. (First Speeding Ticket.. :()

Hey guys, I got my first speeding ticket this weekend in my IS. That really sucks.. Doing 70ish in a 55. Does anyone know anyone who could help with this? Any idea what the fine is? I don't think it was mentioned on the ticket, but I'll have a look again tmmw. What a bummer!

EDIT::
Update Guys..
For those who suggested using "www.gototrafficschool.com" thanks, but I'm not sure if I can. The ticket is from Newport Beach. I paid the ticket (a whopping $232, that's with traffic school). So now I get a letter in the mail with traffic school information.

The 2nd page says clearly at the top "Traffic school can only be completed through National Traffic Safety Institute". It says to register by phone or online within 5 days of receiving the form. Then it gives me times and locations around Orange county to sign up for.

Is this a standard form? Can I still use gototrafficschool.com? I don't have 8 hours of time on the week days to do the class, especially not in the next two weeks. The date says traffic school completion date is 8/01/06. Can I do it later if I can't do the online traffic school? Thanks.

Last edited by AgBlue; 05-07-06 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-20-06 | 07:34 AM
ALtEZZA_88
Pole Position

well no worries i don't think you run the possibility of a suspension because you were not going 80+. i didn't know until my ticket that any person speeding above that will get their license suspended. or at least according to the judge.

where did it happen? where are you going to court?

i'm not sure how much you are looking at for your ticket. probably a couple hundred. i think
Old 04-20-06 | 08:12 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

I got a ticket going 75 on a 65 about two years ago. The fine was about $150, and another $100 in fees to go to traffic school. No point deductions, and insurance didn't go up. You'll be fine as long as you don't get another ticket in 18 months.
Old 04-20-06 | 01:08 PM
Hi im SHON
Pole Position

i got hit with a big big ticket yesterday morning....

cops made me pop my hood and the whole 9 yards..

i dont know what to do about this ticket

he wrote me up for;

modded exhaust, intake, illegal headers, window tint, no front license plates
Old 04-20-06 | 01:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

AgBlue, just get ued to it, there is always a first time. if he used a radar, he put it in. if he paced you, you are doomed anyway. it's hard to fight speeding tickets here in cali. just go to court, plead guilty, see if they can reduce your fine, pay, and go to traffic school

Hi im SHON, funny you were taking pics when he wrote you up. but anyway, what you have are indeed illegal (except the exhaust, which in most cases fine unless it's too loud). time to change out the intake and go to referee. for tint and license plate, you know what you need to do
Old 04-20-06 | 01:58 PM
1wickedgs
Driver

when u get a ticket for intake, do you take it to the same place as you would for tint and no front plate?
Old 04-20-06 | 04:13 PM
brianlin87
Racer

Originally Posted by 1wickedgs
when u get a ticket for intake, do you take it to the same place as you would for tint and no front plate?
please dont' tell me this is a serious question.
Old 04-20-06 | 05:03 PM
AznJason
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ALtEZZA_88
well no worries i don't think you run the possibility of a suspension because you were not going 80+. i didn't know until my ticket that any person speeding above that will get their license suspended. or at least according to the judge.

where did it happen? where are you going to court?

i'm not sure how much you are looking at for your ticket. probably a couple hundred. i think
You get your license suspended? I got pulled over for doing 90 in a 65 at like, 2 AM... just trying to get home from school in my clunky '97 ford explorer... ended up w/ a $150 fine and no option to go to traffic school (had gone for a bicycle ticket < 18 months prior... bike tickets count as points against your record! ). Anyways, I was a bit relieved with the $150 fine. I checked some of the laws and I think >100 = reckless driving and that would probably get your license suspended. I just tend to not go to court to do anything, I get cheated because I'm young anyways. I've gone to court for two tickets and both times got pwned because the cop gets priority over me.

Suggestion: Pay the ticket and go to traffic school, or go to court and be very nice and be apologetic. It might reduce the fine in half and traffic school should still be an option. The worst thing to do is anger the judge (more fine possibly and no option for traffic school!)
Old 04-20-06 | 05:20 PM
2jzsc3
Lexus Test Driver

I've gotten 2 speeding tickets in the last 2 months. One was visual estimation 80+ on a 40 zone (industrial area at 1 a.m. w/ no cars but me and the cop) and the other was 99 MPH on the freeway. I was going 120-130 when I got the 99 MPH ticket, officer cut me some slack though and just wrote down 99 MPH..

I learned my lesson though, no more speeding because I know anymore and I might get my license suspended...

Paid a $360 ticket for the 99MPH and I'm waiting for the bail amount for the 80+ ticket right now...
Old 04-20-06 | 09:18 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hi im SHON

he wrote me up for;

Wow..

He sure nailed on that one.
Old 04-21-06 | 05:52 PM
AgBlue
Pole Position

Wow, can't believe you took pics while he wrote you up. My friend was in the back seat of mine, and I was just waiting for him to snap one.. Your ticket makes mine look like nothing. Sorry about that dood.

Originally Posted by Hi im SHON

he wrote me up for;

Old 04-21-06 | 06:47 PM
liquid2
Pole Position

iHi im SHON Where did you get pulled over? Is it next to that 99 cent stores?
Old 04-22-06 | 12:50 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Shon-

What city did you get cited? Those old motorcycles are becoming rare.
Old 04-23-06 | 10:24 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic
CL Folding 25,000

Law enforcement at it's finest. Motor cops (bikes) have about the worst rep in the law enforcment field.

Exact reason why I have a Carb approved exhaust. My headers are very tough to see as well.

What city were you in? Plus for those in the know, when it comes down to it, what could the cop do if he had refused to show them under the hood? Because, otherwise it would be an illegal search without a warrant. I will have to check with my CHP buddies.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 04-23-06 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-23-06 | 11:27 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Law enforcement at it's finest. Motor cops (bikes) have about the worst rep in the law enforcment field.

Exact reason why I have a Carb approved exhaust. My headers are very tough to see as well.

What city were you in? Plus for those in the know, when it comes down to it, what could the cop do if he had refused to show them under the hood? Because, otherwise it would be an illegal search without a warrant. I will have to check with my CHP buddies.
any reasons why bike cops are the "worst"? i mean, of course, everyone knows that i hate all cops / chp in general, dont' see one single damn good thing about them, but curious why these are worse

Quick Reply: First Speeding Ticket.. :(