CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

F&F Tokyo Drift

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-06, 09:47 AM
GT PRO LS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rsa supra
Not sure that you've RSVP'd yet Brian....

http://www.thefastandthefurious.com/

For those of you who don't know. We had a meet at the Block of Orange for the 1st movie and were pretty impressed with the results. We had two rows of 45 cars, a full row +1 of MKIV Supras, and a bunch of 300zx's and 3000gt's, etc. With a total of about 175 people attending the movie. And we raffled off probably $1500 in prizes.

For the 2nd movie we had about 300 people and close to 200 cars. 90+ MKIV Supras and everything from Skylines to Diablo's roll out.
I was late to my own meet driving straight from the body shop, so the cars were not organized in any fashion, and I think we gave raffled off some pretty cool stuff again.

Pics from the last 2 meets.

Having not really driven my Supra since the last F&F meet, I'm not overly excited to do a meet... But due to popular demand (increasing calls, emails and PM's) I figured that I'd better get on the ball and at least post up something. (EDIT: But having typed up synopsis's of the last 2 meets, I'm actually kind of getting excited about doing another meet.)

Date: June 16th ~6pm or 17th ~12 noon

In past years, I've bought up several hundred tickets and we've gone to opening night shows... But there has always been the option of renting out an entire theater on Saturday mid-morning. I still like the idea of opening night, but thought I'd post a poll to determine interest.

*** PLEASE RSVP HERE. Anyone RSVP'ing from CL, please paypal me ahead of time. Or contact Brian to arrange payment. ***

Useless Random fact: The real APR Evo (feature in the movie posted) has my damn 295 Pilot Sport Cups all the way around. I bought them off of Matt A after USCC and then loaned them to APR for this past years USSC.

UPDATE:

Confirmed Date: Friday, June 16th.

The pricing structure has changed for renting theaters and requires paying full pop and buying out the whole theater of 399 seats. Due to that fact, I am going to stick with the original format of gathering on the opening Friday night (June 16th) at around 6pm and then seeing a show starting shortly after 9pm.

I am also working on some great raffle prizes from www.mvpmotorsports.com, Dyno Xtreme, RPS Performance Products, Powerhouse Racing, Boost Logic, GT Pro, HKS, Greddy, Brembo, MovieCarz.com, APR and many others.
LOL, sorry about that Ryan, just RSVP'd for 2. I think I will *have* to bring the LS, as once again, the Supra is not done....
Old 06-01-06, 12:36 PM
rsa supra
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GT PRO LS
LOL, sorry about that Ryan, just RSVP'd for 2. I think I will *have* to bring the LS, as once again, the Supra is not done....
Why don't you roll the Supra off the trailer again?

Last edited by rsa supra; 06-01-06 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-01-06, 01:16 PM
GT PRO LS
Driver

Why don't you roll the Supra off the trailer again?
LOL, hmmm... maybe...who knows LOL
Old 06-12-06, 09:13 AM
rsa supra
Pole Position

Bump.....
Old 06-12-06, 12:02 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

So is everyone going to 'The Block' on June 16th and the Puente Hills Mall idea is scrapped??
Old 06-12-06, 12:13 PM
GT PRO LS
Driver

Originally Posted by loftus112
So is everyone going to 'The Block' on June 16th and the Puente Hills Mall idea is scrapped??

Not, sure, but I think it might be a good idea, as at the block, there will be a more organized event and a more cohesive crowd.

I myself will be at the block with my LS, and *maybe* the Supra.
Old 06-12-06, 03:28 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

whens the last day to buy the tix?
Old 06-13-06, 08:12 AM
rsa supra
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
whens the last day to buy the tix?
If you're coming to the Block I would prefer an RSVP as early as possible, but at the latest 9am on Friday.

But I'd rather buy tickets late for people than have them flake and be left holding tickets. Of course if you paypal me and don't show, I won't mind as much and you can pick up your unused tickets any time.
Old 06-13-06, 09:28 AM
Dj Rando
Pole Position

paid by paypal for my wife and I, and a spot for my is 350
Old 06-13-06, 05:49 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

Is it possible to show up and buy the tix then? I'm interested in attending.

Last edited by loftus112; 06-13-06 at 05:58 PM.
Old 06-13-06, 06:21 PM
GT PRO LS
Driver

Originally Posted by loftus112
Is it possible to show up and buy the tix then? I'm interested in attending.

I would HIGHLY reccomend to RSVP, Ryan is puttin up his own cash to buy out the theatre, and we are providing our liability insurance so we can all have a good time with no hassles, it's just tough when you're forking out cash for friends and they let you down, I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. PLEASE RSVP, it will make Ryan's job sooo much easier, I'm sure he will be very grateful..!!
Old 06-14-06, 10:43 AM
rsa supra
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GT PRO LS
I would HIGHLY reccomend to RSVP, Ryan is puttin up his own cash to buy out the theatre, and we are providing our liability insurance so we can all have a good time with no hassles, it's just tough when you're forking out cash for friends and they let you down, I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. PLEASE RSVP, it will make Ryan's job sooo much easier, I'm sure he will be very grateful..!!
Yes, thanks Brian.

Loftus, I will pick up tickets ahead of time. The showing that we see will probably be sold out by the time you get there.
Old 06-14-06, 07:17 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

Yes, thanks Brian.

Loftus, I will pick up tickets ahead of time. The showing that we see will probably be sold out by the time you get there.
Ok, thanks RSA. BTW you guys know roughly how many heads gonna show up for Friday's event?
Old 06-15-06, 07:55 AM
soardrft
Lead Lap

Not to cause conflict, however RSA SUPRA you should have started your own thread in regards to this. For those coming from LA county or live in the rowland heights area i am still holding a meet at puente hills mall. we can meet at the theatre around 6 or so to buy the tickets for the 8:20 showing and grab some food from the local eateries. unlike others i cannot rent a complete movie theatre. nor give premier parking, however we can enjoy the night just like everyone else.

In Puente Hills Mall

The Fast and the Furious 3: Tokyo Drift
1 hr. 30 min.
8:20pm, the evening of
Fri, Jun. 16thAMC Puente Hills 20
1560 South Azusa Ave.
Rowland Heights, CA 91748
(626) 810-5566*per ticketSelect Tickets

Below is a map showing those coming how to get there.

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ad...5566&BFKey=mov
Old 06-15-06, 08:18 AM
rsa supra
Pole Position

Loftus, we'll probably have 120-150 cars and 250-300 people.

Originally Posted by soardrft
Not to cause conflict, however RSA SUPRA you should have started your own thread in regards to this. For those coming from LA county or live in the rowland heights area i am still holding a meet at puente hills mall. we can meet at the theatre around 6 or so to buy the tickets for the 8:20 showing and grab some food from the local eateries. unlike others i cannot rent a complete movie theatre. nor give premier parking, however we can enjoy the night just like everyone else.

In Puente Hills Mall

The Fast and the Furious 3: Tokyo Drift
1 hr. 30 min.
8:20pm, the evening of
Fri, Jun. 16thAMC Puente Hills 20
1560 South Azusa Ave.
Rowland Heights, CA 91748
(626) 810-5566*per ticketSelect Tickets

Below is a map showing those coming how to get there.

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ad...5566&BFKey=mov
Sorry, I only posted the info in here because Brian mentioned it. I'm happy to edit out my posts and start a new thread.

But just the same, you're welcome to come out and join us. (I'll even buy your ticket if you come.) Friday traffic does suck, but we have people coming from as far as Modesto and plenty from your neck of the woods.

Last edited by rsa supra; 06-15-06 at 08:24 AM.

Quick Reply: F&F Tokyo Drift