CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

My first and LAST trip to Westminster Lexus...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-06, 04:26 PM
Leets
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My first and LAST trip to Westminster Lexus...

So I received yet another recall notice on my IS250 AWD, this time for the problem with the seatbelts not retracting. Seeing as how seatbelts tend to be kind of important, I immediately called to set-up an appointment to have the issue corrected. I spoke with a rep from Westminster Lexus and arranged to drop of the car the following weekend, thus giving them an entire work week to order the part.

Well, today was the day that this issue was to be resolved so I trek on down to Westminster Lexus. On my way there I also noticed that for some reason the rear-view mirror was also now shaking like mad. It was so bad that I started to develop a headache from looking in the rear-view mirror. Upon arriving at Westminster's service center I notified their service advisor, John Vowell, that I was their for my appointment regarding the seatbelt recall and that I needed to added the rear-view mirror to the list of repairs.

Well after having him drive the car around with me to see what was wrong with the mirror and returning to fill out paperwork he informed me that it wouldn't be until the end of the month that they would be able to correct the issue with the seatbelt. I said that's fine, because the rep on the phone when I called told me that if that were the case I would be provided with a loaner vehicle until they were able to complete the work. He also told me that they couldn't do anything about the mirror. This is when things started plummeting down hill.

John told me that the mirrors are naturally supposed to shake and that he's never been in a car that doesn't shake. I quickly retorted that in the over 20 Lexus cars that I've riden or driven in, that has NEVER been the case. His response was that he'd take another IS out on a test-drive and see if the car had the same issue. That sounded like a reasonable solution until he told me that I would have to wait at the dealership while HE ALONE took the IS out. Surprise, surprise... he said that mirror did the same thing. Funny how he didn't let me verify that for myself.

He then told me that I would have to drive my IS around until the part arrived in late May because he couldn't give me a loaner. When I expressed my concern for my safety, and how I'd much rather drive around in a vehicle that might not allow me to go flying through the windshield, he simply shrugged it off as my problem... not his. He told me essentially sorry, but deal with it.

Thank you Westminster Lexus for not caring whether I live or die... even GM showed me more compassion than that.
Old 05-06-06, 04:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i would have asked for service manager or even the general manager and talked to them about it. i wouldn't just let it go
Old 05-06-06, 05:55 PM
Leets
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
i would have asked for service manager or even the general manager and talked to them about it. i wouldn't just let it go
ya, I was told no one else was there because it was a Saturday. Rather than just argue and get nowhere I calmly left and headed home to call Lexus Customer Assistance. I spoke with a very nice and helpful representative who did all that she could to help me out, but seeing as how I got a hold of them right before they close for the weekend my options were limited. Still, I can't complain about the service she gave me, and she assured me that one of her supervisors would contact me Monday.

It's nice to know that even if the Lexus dealers don't care about their customers, at least Lexus Customer Assistance still does.
Old 05-06-06, 06:18 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Strange.. Lexus of Westminister always treated me very well. I never had a problem with them.
Old 05-06-06, 06:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Idrewfelix
Strange.. Lexus of Westminister always treated me very well. I never had a problem with them.
imho a lot of times it has to do with specific service advisor. not everyone is nice. this goes to most places
Old 05-06-06, 08:29 PM
Lyrical
Lead Lap

imho a lot of times it has to do with specific service advisor. not everyone is nice. this goes to most places
Yeah...unforunately, they'll be bad apples wherever we go...Westminster, Longo, Riverside etc. etc. Each has their share.
Old 05-06-06, 09:30 PM
RA40
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 473 Likes on 363 Posts

That sucks. Are the seat belts inoperable as they are? If it is snugging up and locking , I would hedge that you shouldbe okay till the part comes in. If it isn't tensioneing, then I would relay this concern to the service manager, that's definitely dangerous to be driving in that condiion.

On my car's history, it shows that both the passenger and drivers side belt pre-tensioners/belt assemblies were replaced. One at 3,200K miles and the other at 8K miles.

I hope that Lexus can maintain a high level of service satisfaction with the contunued growth in sales.
Old 05-06-06, 09:51 PM
PoppFlyy
Pole Position

Idrewfelix said:
Jon Vowell has actually handled all my issues every single time I've been to service there at Westinster, and he's always done an excellent job foe me. As a matter of fact if I ever have an issue i ask for John cause he's done such an awesome job in the past.

I'm sorry to hear you had such a different experience Leets...

Old 05-06-06, 10:01 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Lexus of Westminster has a great reputation for service. One of my professors owns a couple Lexuses. His SC400 had a blown gasket wayy past warranty and they replaced the entire motor - yes the entire motor - free of charge.

Like everyone else on here, I would suggest that you try to speak to someone that has the highest authority in that facility.
Old 05-07-06, 11:31 AM
Leets
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PoppFlyy
Jon Vowell has actually handled all my issues every single time I've been to service there at Westinster, and he's always done an excellent job foe me. As a matter of fact if I ever have an issue i ask for John cause he's done such an awesome job in the past.

I'm sorry to hear you had such a different experience Leets...

wow, I'm surprised. I don't think he could've been more condescending to me. The mere fact that he's working at Lexus instead of Kia is proof enough to me that Lexus' values are on the downslide. He's the first person I've run into at Lexus that's actually treated me like I was inconveniencing him . I'd tell you what I really think of him, but I think I'd set the curse editor on overload.
One thing's for sure, thanks to him Lexus of Westminster will never get a single recommendation or good word from me.
Old 05-07-06, 11:35 AM
Leets
Lexus Champion

I couldn't agree more. In any group of people there's bound to be one in the bunch. However, I also believe in first impressions and putting your best forward. This first impression from Lexus of Westminster was the worst I've seen from Lexus. They had their chance and they blew it.
Old 05-08-06, 03:06 PM
Luv Da Lex
Lexus Test Driver

no wonder i didnt see your es300 today in the parking lot and i was wondering whos IS that is. when am i gonna get a ride in that thing? love the color.
Old 05-08-06, 03:08 PM
Luv Da Lex
Lexus Test Driver

yea last time i pulled in to get some brake pads they wanted me to park on the other side of the lot instead of leaving my car there for 5 mins.
Old 05-08-06, 06:51 PM
PoppFlyy
Pole Position

yea last time i pulled in to get some brake pads they wanted me to park on the other side of the lot instead of leaving my car there for 5 mins.
They have a new service location where as you pull up in the driveway, they valet your car. Why would they tell you to move your car???
Were you gonna let them do the entire job, or where you just buying the break pads???

Last edited by PoppFlyy; 05-08-06 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-09-06, 07:03 AM
Luv Da Lex
Lexus Test Driver

yea i pulled up and no serviced me so i park to the side real quick to run in and get teh pads. this chick comes over and like you cant park here(im not blocking anything and it was only for like 2 mins).she didnt even offered to park my car or anything when i pulled up im like WTF? i thought they had good service and everything. so i ran in got the pads and left. someone told me that they valet your car and such when you come in. i guess my lexus looks too beat for them to valet.

Quick Reply: My first and LAST trip to Westminster Lexus...