CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

SoCal to NorCal Convoy 2006 Series

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-06, 06:18 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

SoCal's Costco's and IKEAS are packed everyday. They are not located in open places or properties like they are in Phoenix. Getting into the parking lot of those locations.

Location still stands. I will send the info out to the group shortly. Please be patient.

Edgy...Glen will be calling you or has already called you this evening.
Old 09-13-06, 09:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

haha veyr true, those places in LA are always packed, even at lunch time.

clifff, make sure you know ahead of time where you are going and ask us what time to leave. if you get out the wrong time, not only you won't reach your destination, you will end up spending all your time parking your car on the freeways
Old 09-13-06, 10:54 PM
4GRAINR
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
clifff, make sure you know ahead of time where you are going and ask us what time to leave. if you get out the wrong time, not only you won't reach your destination, you will end up spending all your time parking your car on the freeways
Cliffud and I have been talking about this for the past week. We haven't finalized our hotel plans yet for LA since we're trying to end up close to the convoy starting location. Thus the reason he and I are chomping at the bit to know the location!

So far we've just assumed (and assuming could be a huge mistake) to end up Thursday night in the northern LA area like Burbank or Sherman Oaks. If we're not even close please give us a heads up ASAP as we'd like to know where to be since we're leaving a week from tomorrow.

Remember, you have three guys from Phoenix who don't know distances or travel times in LA at all.
Old 09-14-06, 12:01 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

sure thing man, i am sure ryan will have plans ready ahead of time, and especially with you guys not 100% on hotel yet i think he will get his hand on this right the way.

i think north side of LA isn't a bad idea. by comparison, driving around friday morning to noon time is relatively "ok", anything after 2pm starts to be a headache.

i was in LA for a week before and after labor day, man do i NOT miss LA traffic
Old 09-14-06, 06:25 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by 4GRAINR
Cliffud and I have been talking about this for the past week. We haven't finalized our hotel plans yet for LA since we're trying to end up close to the convoy starting location. Thus the reason he and I are chomping at the bit to know the location!

So far we've just assumed (and assuming could be a huge mistake) to end up Thursday night in the northern LA area like Burbank or Sherman Oaks. If we're not even close please give us a heads up ASAP as we'd like to know where to be since we're leaving a week from tomorrow.

Remember, you have three guys from Phoenix who don't know distances or travel times in LA at all.
A good place for you guys to stay would be anywhere near or along the 210 Freeway in cities like: Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga, Glendora, Azusa, Monrovia, Pasadena and etc. Burbank is an okay location, Sherman Oaks is a little bit out of the way.
Old 09-14-06, 07:19 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default My Meeting Location Suggestion...

So, we need a place that has a large free parking area, close to major freeways and accessible for everyone in SoCal...

I can think of a place.

Accross Toyota HQ in Torrance at the corner of Western and 190th, near the intersections of the 405, 110, and 91 Freeways, is a restaurant called Mill's that has a pretty good sized parking lot. As we wait for the whole crew, we have enough room for parking and grub if anyone wants to eat before we hit the road.

By the way, which route are we taking to go up North? Are we shooting up the 5 all the way?
Old 09-14-06, 07:31 AM
4GRAINR
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flipside909
A good place for you guys to stay would be anywhere near or along the 210 Freeway in cities like: Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga, Glendora, Azusa, Monrovia, Pasadena and etc. Burbank is an okay location, Sherman Oaks is a little bit out of the way.
Thanks for the heads up! I found a place in Monrovia yesterday. I'll go ahead and book it today.
Old 09-14-06, 08:45 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
So, we need a place that has a large free parking area, close to major freeways and accessible for everyone in SoCal...

I can think of a place.

Accross Toyota HQ in Torrance at the corner of Western and 190th, near the intersections of the 405, 110, and 91 Freeways, is a restaurant called Mill's that has a pretty good sized parking lot. As we wait for the whole crew, we have enough room for parking and grub if anyone wants to eat before we hit the road.

By the way, which route are we taking to go up North? Are we shooting up the 5 all the way?
i suppose that's the best route, 405 - 5 - 152 - 101. driving solo i usually do it in 4 1/2 to 5 hours. with caravan it's probably going to be around 6 hrs? my guess
Old 09-14-06, 08:53 AM
ntran18
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Won't be able to leave until after 6. Will meet you guys up there.
Old 09-14-06, 09:59 AM
edgy
Lead Lap

IS any one else coming from the west side of LA or SFV

I am in west San Fernando Valley (Woodland Hills-10 min west of Van Nuys & the 405/101 interchange at the bottom of the sepulveda pass. ...

Two questions ... any one planning to drive up with the group on Friday want t o meet in the SFV area near 405 & 101 to group up & then meet/ catch the rest of the train...?

OR Any one planning on driving up from so cali on SATURDAY instead & willing to form a smaller train heading north...?

I could just as soon roll up on sat Vs Friday...

Thanks folks
Old 09-14-06, 06:51 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Have a good trip all !

Before I get any more busy than I already am, I thought I'd put out this quick note to all the long distance attendees.

I do appreciate your enthusiasm and support of EOS in making this a special event.

This being the last EOS meet organized by me, it is great that we are having so many visitors come from so far away and I am honored with your presence.

The ONLY down side for me at EOS is that there will be so many people, that unfortunately I will not be able to meet or greet everyone. Our smaller mini-meets held throughout the year are where the NorCal group thrives and where we nurture our "family like" meet ethic.

Due to its high attendance, EOS becomes a little unwieldly to maintain that intimacy of the smaller meets.

So I just want to let everyone know that though we are a tight knit group up here, I encourage all to not be shy and just introduce yourselves. We do make it a point to welcome others as part of our extended family. You just have to say hi.

We all will be wearing our screen name badges and each car should have it's registration sheet on the dash identifying it's car owner. Most vehicles will be arranged to be parked by each other by model type as well.

By doing all this, finding fellow members will be a challenge, but not impossible.

I also want to give a heads up that we will be arranging a pre-meet Welcome dinner on Friday night starting at 7:30 pm. It will be located at a restaurant just a few minutes from the hotel. This is a traditional pre-meet activity, so I encourage all to keep an eye out for a post by Flipside909 and myself for the details.

Have a safe trip and see you soon.

Glen

Last edited by RMMGS4; 09-14-06 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-15-06, 09:45 AM
edgy
Lead Lap

Thanks Glen

BOY.,..that better be one BIG **** restaurant!!

they will prolly Flip when 65+ Lexus roll in for Dinner hahahah

Sweeeeeet.
Old 09-15-06, 12:49 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by edgy
Thanks Glen

BOY.,..that better be one BIG **** restaurant!!

they will prolly Flip when 65+ Lexus roll in for Dinner hahahah

Sweeeeeet.

Hey Ed.

We've come there before with 10-15 Lexi, so I just have to tell them to reserve for the same group only bigger.
Old 09-17-06, 10:36 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

flip,

do you have an estimate of how many in the SoCal caravan this year?
Old 09-18-06, 12:37 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

my guess is around 30

Quick Reply: SoCal to NorCal Convoy 2006 Series