CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Anyone ever file a claim agains the city for damage to your car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-06, 11:51 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever file a claim agains the city for damage to your car?

Have any of you guys filed a claim for damage caused by unfinished/unsafe streets? IE. Bent rips, ruined your front lip, popped your tire?

thanks alot.
Old 06-21-06, 12:42 AM
Zephyr
Lexus Test Driver

which city did you damage your stuff?
Old 06-21-06, 08:40 AM
vin 78
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish i did, a pot hole put a dent on one of my wheels years ago.
Old 06-21-06, 09:04 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Bryan, I did. I looked up in my local phone book "city street maintence". It should be in the front somewhere. After several tranfered calls I finally got someone to handle my case. I bent all 4 Lowenhart wheels (inner hub) on a road where the street was raised a good 6 inches due to construction. Was going about 45mph at night and didn't even see it. After taking pics and a letter of what happened and a copy of the repair bill, they sent me a check for $400 in about 6 months. I thought I would never see any money and then one day I received a check.
Old 06-21-06, 09:08 AM
Wald GS

Originally Posted by Zephyr
which city did you damage your stuff?

20 minutes after I saw you. Be very careful on Grand ave, between DB Blvd and Golden Springs.

Ken,

Thanks alot for your input. I am going to go take pics of the surroundings and the unfinished road which had the sewer cap sticking up. Check your pm.

-Bryan
Old 06-21-06, 11:40 AM
MikeFD3S
Lead Lap

I'd like to... I know i've hurt my car on the 91 East on the number 3 lane near Downey Ave. There is a huge, sharply raised bump on the freeway in that lane. It goes up about an inch and a half, and i've seen some semi's almost lose it driving over it.
Old 06-21-06, 02:36 PM
Zephyr
Lexus Test Driver

yea that target construction is killer. just went over there by accident (forgot due to traffic) and i just got my new wheels too.. 5 mph all the way haha. good luck though, diamond bar can get stingy with money...
Old 06-21-06, 02:53 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Wow, that sucks. I've already started memorizing the safest/smoothest route to work and school in preparation for the arrival of my weds.
Old 06-21-06, 06:46 PM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is good info. i didn't know you can file a claim against the city.
Old 06-21-06, 07:32 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by corkycal
this is good info. i didn't know you can file a claim against the city.
Yes, you can file a claim against the city for damages done to the car. However, make no mistake, they will take their sweet time to do an investigation.
Old 06-21-06, 09:03 PM
Ichigo
Pole Position

I live near that stretch of Grand and its terrible. It will continue to be like that for quite a while as they continue to expand that area to support that Target that will be opening soon. Good luck with you case, let us know how it all plays out.
Old 06-21-06, 09:45 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

I did after I hit a massive pothole and got a flat tire and damaged rim. I had to file with City Clerks Office but I never got any money. Took them 4 months to deny me too.
Old 06-21-06, 10:51 PM
Wald GS

I went back today to take pics and also went to the body shop to get an estimate on paper. The area is so bad that I had to park at the golf course and walk to the street since the construction is killer. Whats even worse is the other side to city hall had a 5 inch drop since the street was being repaired. I couldn't even drive to city hall. That section of diamond bar is the lamest and it will be even worse once target opens in the worse intersection at diamond bar.

I will keep you guys updated. As for the damage, I'm deciding whether to show pics after I get it fixed or after I feel comfortable.

Last edited by Wald GS; 06-22-06 at 12:40 AM.
Old 06-21-06, 11:06 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

San Bndo denied my claim. No surprise giving the condition San Bernardino County government is in.
Old 06-23-06, 08:49 AM
Blk96Supra
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MikeFD3S
I'd like to... I know i've hurt my car on the 91 East on the number 3 lane near Downey Ave. There is a huge, sharply raised bump on the freeway in that lane. It goes up about an inch and a half, and i've seen some semi's almost lose it driving over it.

Dude!!!! i know exactly where your talking about!!! i swear i almost ****ed up both my cars because of that damn thing in the road. I swear it almost ripped off my front lip on the Supra and take out my radiator in my CRX. And the sad part is i think they tried to fix it also.

Guys if your on the 91 East in Long Beach/Lakewood area stay away from the #3 Lane right after you see the Downey Ave sign. Between the Downey ave and Lakewood Blvd signs in the #3 lane that bump will mess your car up. its like a narrow pothole, not very big but long and kinda deep i would say about 2 to 3 inches.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever file a claim agains the city for damage to your car?