CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Newport Beach Lexus (merged)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-06, 04:38 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey if most of you is going "after" work hours, I'll be there also. Maybe we can "tour" together

I get outta the office at 6PM, most like get there around 7, considering traffic sucks.
Old 06-26-06, 04:47 PM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Pocky,

Where are you coming from? Maybe we can either meet at the dealership of meet off of the 405 some where so we can roll together?

Let me know or if you guys want to PM me I will give you my cell phone # to call to meet up with each other.

Cheers,

Revhard191

GREAT ....Now I am going to have 2 IS350's I am going to have to play catch up with...hahhaha just kidding...
Old 06-26-06, 10:08 PM
YL06GS
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like I will be there Thursday for install and Grand Opening. There is suppose to be media and other things going on, but not exactly sure of everything yet.

Service will be open, but at a very limited capacity for a short time. If you want to come in ask for me(Clint with Dealer Track) or any one of my good friends;

Sonny
Gil
Bill P.
Kurt

Everyone is so proud to be a part of it they will gladly show you around. This place is amazing.

Let me know if you are planning on coming and I will see what I can put together. They are part of the David Wilson Automotive group and I service almost all of the stores.

NOTE: Not only Tommy Bahama, but a Oakley area as well.
Old 06-26-06, 10:36 PM
joelking1
Driver School Candidate

Lexus Carlsbad has been washing cars for free for years.
Old 06-26-06, 10:55 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joelking1
Lexus Carlsbad has been washing cars for free for years.
Yes, any Lexus dealer will wash your car for free when you bring it in for service n such.

But this dealer will wash your car, even if it's not a Lexus when you visit the dealer to shop around.
Old 06-26-06, 11:02 PM
YL06GS
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think all of Carlsbad can fit into the showroom of the Newport Location!

Does Carlsbad have an adult payroom? ie Golden Tee and other games?
Old 06-28-06, 03:41 AM
r4z0r3ck
Lead Lap

also a heads up to the ppl that dont know the area but they are doing mad construction around that area. i cant recall if traffic hit before or after i saw the dealership. so be prepared to sit through heavy traffic. the traffic is along jamboree going towards fashion island.
Old 06-29-06, 11:00 AM
kingkong5
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by YL06GS
Looks like I will be there Thursday for install and Grand Opening. There is suppose to be media and other things going on, but not exactly sure of everything yet.

Service will be open, but at a very limited capacity for a short time. If you want to come in ask for me(Clint with Dealer Track) or any one of my good friends;

Sonny
Gil
Bill P.
Kurt

Everyone is so proud to be a part of it they will gladly show you around. This place is amazing.

Let me know if you are planning on coming and I will see what I can put together. They are part of the David Wilson Automotive group and I service almost all of the stores.

NOTE: Not only Tommy Bahama, but a Oakley area as well.
I work at MacArthur and Birch, so it would take about 1 minute to get there. I will cruise down at lunch and check it out, you're gonna be there?

cuong
Old 06-29-06, 01:02 PM
kingkong5
Lead Lap

Default wow, NB Lexus is nice

Just got back from my lunch break. The place is huge, and there's a whole back side that you can't see.

You drive in the front entrance, and you run right into Valet parking. I suppose this is where they would tell you that they're gonna wash your car, except that the car wash isn't open yet. In speaking with one of the sales consultants, he said that it's the largest car wash in N. America, so that should be pretty big.

Then you walk into the showroom, greeted by the receptionists. Why is it that they always hire hot looking girls to work the receptionist desk? Right behind them was a giant fireplace and lounge area, and a table of refreshments. I grabbed the next to last ham/cheese panini, but there were plenty of cookies and cakes left over. Also there was orange juice, coffee and bottled water.

And then all of the new cars parked in the showroom, wow. I didn't see an LX or ES, but every other car was represented except the LS460 and hybrids.

Sales consultant guy Patrick showed me the pre-owned vehicles on the lot, and there were some nice ones. Apparently you can lease pre-owned vehicles now, and you can also do 1 upfront payment for the lease term to lower the effective interest rate (i.e. pay it all up front, and they give you a discount on the interest rate). That sounds like a great plan.

Ran into RA40 (Mike) and his wife, we then took some pictures of the dealership, the Rolls Royce Phantom and Ferrari F430 that they had outside, and also the food.

Fun experience, can't wait until the Service dept. and car wash are opened.
Old 06-29-06, 06:52 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

Just got back...took almost 50 minutes sluging on surface street. Well, I did do some other errands since I was in the area.

Here is one of Cuong:
Attached Thumbnails Newport Beach Lexus (merged)-ld13.jpg  
Old 06-29-06, 06:54 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

He looks good with that car eh?
Old 06-29-06, 07:05 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Some pics:

Main lobby

Wheel display

Waiting area
Old 06-29-06, 07:08 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

More:

Service entrance

Service writers area

Drive up service area:

Last edited by RA40; 06-29-06 at 07:27 PM.
Old 06-29-06, 07:19 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Mid dsiplay area for merchandise...Oakley for now

Men's restrrom sink...an obvious highlight...no I didn't take a picture of the toilet.

Cuong was trying to take a pic of this car when some 'foo walked into the pic and stood there. Oh...it's me.

A very nice place...can't wait till it's all done. I wonder what size TV is going to go into the pit next to the fireplace.

Last edited by RA40; 06-29-06 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-29-06, 09:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow very nice pics there, mike! and coug, you look good

seems like this is one damn nice dealership huh? but can i skip the valet in front? last thing is need is a car wash @_@

Quick Reply: Newport Beach Lexus (merged)