CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

FENDER ROLL SHOp

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-06, 06:09 AM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 2 cents.

Did you notice that on Overhaulin, with the agressive wheel offsets that Chip uses, they always shave the fenders, never roll them. If those guys always shave and never roll, that's enough for me.

With that being said, I have all the necessary tools to shave. However, I don't have welding equipment to seal up the open gap from the 2 pieces of sheet metal. Does anybody else have suggestions on sealing that up to prevent rust?

Thanks
Steve
Old 12-11-06, 08:26 AM
antbo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shern
My 2 cents.

Did you notice that on Overhaulin, with the agressive wheel offsets that Chip uses, they always shave the fenders, never roll them. If those guys always shave and never roll, that's enough for me.

With that being said, I have all the necessary tools to shave. However, I don't have welding equipment to seal up the open gap from the 2 pieces of sheet metal. Does anybody else have suggestions on sealing that up to prevent rust?

Thanks
Steve
i just did mine yesterday. all we did was get touch up paint to seal the deal. the one that comes in that little canister with the pen and the paint brush.
Old 12-12-06, 11:06 PM
Levistey0
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was planning to shave it too, but I'm considering getting wider wheels later, Is there a way to roll, shaved fenders??
Old 12-13-06, 08:15 AM
antbo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Levistey0
I was planning to shave it too, but I'm considering getting wider wheels later, Is there a way to roll, shaved fenders??
wadup mike!!

what do you mean by roll/shave. you can only do it one way or the other. id rather just cut it. trust me
Old 12-13-06, 04:10 PM
1SWTGS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by manila_boy
is dremel a possible tool for this or should use like the heavy duty ones?

...i'm not doing anything this weekend, thought i might try it

I Did mine with a dremel but take 1/2 dozen cutting disc when shaving it.have some pics in forum somewhere.be sure to get extra cutting blade when you are doing it so you dont have to go back to get more.better that rolling .which you can damange your paint or dent it.
Old 12-13-06, 04:41 PM
antbo
Lead Lap

my friend just used the compressor jigsaw. just tape up the around fender a little and where your gonna cut. so the paint wont chip. then with a steady hand start cutting away. it will just take one blade (maybe )
Old 12-13-06, 06:13 PM
Levistey0
Lead Lap

wadup mike!!

what do you mean by roll/shave. you can only do it one way or the other. id rather just cut it. trust me
What's goin' on Ant!! How you been man?

Yeah, i heard what the shop did to your fenders, that sucks man. Your cars looks super clean now though!

Yeah, actually i meant, Can you still pull out the fenders after they have been shaved? I've got some Ssr Vienna dishes and some Zeal coilovers waiting for me!

This is the reason why i wouldnt mind rolling. this is rolled. Chris' car.

Last edited by Levistey0; 12-13-06 at 06:36 PM.
Old 12-14-06, 08:36 AM
antbo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Levistey0
What's goin' on Ant!! How you been man?

Yeah, i heard what the shop did to your fenders, that sucks man. Your cars looks super clean now though!

Yeah, actually i meant, Can you still pull out the fenders after they have been shaved? I've got some Ssr Vienna dishes and some Zeal coilovers waiting for me!

This is the reason why i wouldnt mind rolling. this is rolled. Chris' car.
how much did he roll it??? does your fender tab have that metal piece that prtotects the fender tab?? its a different story if you want to roll it all the way. the black gs from autofashion cut his then decided to widen it.
Old 12-14-06, 09:55 PM
Levistey0
Lead Lap

That's cool. but I'm not really feelin' that arch. I want the same flush fender arch, just pulled a bit, I'm lookin' into gettin' some Euroline DH's (Vip'ers don't kill me!)

I think the w/ the Green Soarer, he rolled the fender lip completely flat as possible.

peep:

Old 12-15-06, 08:45 AM
antbo
Lead Lap

why dont you just pull it the first time?? instead of doing it twice. i say dont BS and do it right the first time. this is not corolla or 240 world anymore
Old 12-15-06, 08:48 PM
Levistey0
Lead Lap

Thumbs down

why dont you just pull it the first time?? instead of doing it twice. i say dont BS and do it right the first time. this is not corolla or 240 world anymore
YeaH yeah i know i know! Lol! Im waiting for my coilovers. when i dump the car, my tires now will rub! I wanted to dump the car now! Im still waiting to get a hold of a good deal on the Eurolines before i pull the fenders out. I wanted to know what i should do temporarily.

My plan was to shave the fenders, for now, because my wheels will be flush perfect with the shave, So when i get the Work wheels, all i would have to do is possible pull it out a few mm's or so. make sense?

Or should i just wait until the Eurolines arrive, that means no dumpage of the car what so ever right now. Im on Espelirs and when i make hard turns, it rubs the fronts. Weak.
Old 03-06-07, 02:57 PM
ISFTW
Driver

Anyone have any experiences with Sander over at TWS aka The Wheel Supply in Walnut? Looks like he's got a good reputation with the Euro crowd...
Old 03-06-07, 05:06 PM
t.is350.h
Lexus Test Driver

Check out takumi project they're good guy to deal with....
Old 03-11-07, 08:01 PM
2001LexusIS300
Pole Position

can "JB Weld" be used to seal the pieaces together and then touch up ontop?