CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Any Good Detailers in Southern Cal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-06, 06:50 AM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Good Detailers in Southern Cal?

I need my car detailed prior to installing the clear bra. Lexkost is in Simi Valley, which is too far. Know anyone anywhere in Pasadena and San Gabriel Valley?

Last edited by Cali_Girl; 08-28-06 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-28-06, 12:41 PM
jsteinwald
Rookie

Try Moe from Glistening Performance. He'd downstairs now detailing my car before the clear bra goes on tomorrow. He's based in OC, but he's mobile. He came to me in Sherman Oaks.

Who is doing your clear bra?
Old 08-28-06, 12:56 PM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jsteinwald
Try Moe from Glistening Performance. He'd downstairs now detailing my car before the clear bra goes on tomorrow. He's based in OC, but he's mobile. He came to me in Sherman Oaks.

Who is doing your clear bra?

You're getting the clear bra installed right after detailing? I thought you have to wait longer.

How the detailing job so far? Cost?

AeroTect for the clear bra. I'm still deciding on a date and time.
Old 08-28-06, 01:01 PM
jsteinwald
Rookie

So far so good. Moe is supposed to be one of the best, and isn't among the cheapest... spoken highly of among the Porsche and BMW forums. Try googling Glistening Performance to get a better idea of his services.

I hadn't heard anything about waiting before clearbra. Sam at Premier is doing my clearbra install tomorrow, at the same time that Hann does my tint.
Old 08-28-06, 01:10 PM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

Really! My car needs detailing.....will be my first, and I had the car since May. I'll google Glistening performance.

By the way, I'm kind of nervous about getting the clear bra. What if it doesn't look good. I've never seen one up close in person so I fear the bra line will look unsightly on a white car. So you think it's really worth it?
Old 08-28-06, 01:28 PM
jsteinwald
Rookie

Well, I have a black car, so I think the line would be more visible on my car than yours. I'm also very picky about stuff like that, so I decided to go with a custom clear bra install, which includes the full hood and full quarter panels... the film will be wrapped around the edges, so no lines. It's also almost double what you would pay for a kit install. I just know that I'd rather invest the extra $$$ now so not to be upset later and critical of the job.
Old 08-28-06, 01:37 PM
Eternity3G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I know someone here in the south bay / hermosa... I've dealt with many and this guy is the best.. his pricing isn't cheap though as a std job starts ~$350 Black looks like glass when he's done...
Old 08-28-06, 02:04 PM
rkmah
Driver School Candidate

If you are going to get you car installed with a clear-bra the key is making sure the covered surface is smooth as glass and has no scratches or swirl marks. Any detailer worth his salt should be able to handle this. Check the surface with you hand to test for smoothness and look at the finish in various light settings to see if the clear coat is scratch-free. No point in putting film on if the clear coat is contaminated or scratched up. If you do not have any scratches on the clear coat you could even wash, clay, clean, polish and wax yourself. Your installer should do a surface prep before laying the film, but that will not clean-up the finish if it already has problems.

Since you have a light colored car there will be angles at which you will not see the films edge. The films seem to diapear on silver toned cars. I have a W Pearl with a clear-bra and I have trouble finding where the film edge stops even when I look dead-on at it.
Old 08-29-06, 08:14 PM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

Only when the car has dust that you will notice the Clearbra... most people can't even tell that my car has it until they are about 2-3 feet next to it.

It saved my car already.. going up to Valencia, a golf ball size rock came flying at my hood and the window.. without the clearbra, I would have a 1 inch gash out of my hood for sure. Instead it left a tiny nick that I can live with.
Old 08-29-06, 09:45 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

clearbra shows up pretty bad on dark cars when u get wax and polish and stuff under the edge in the middle of your hood.

so basically, if ur careful when u wash it and keep ur car looking half-decent you shouldnt have a problem with your white car.
Old 09-03-06, 01:59 AM
Hip_hop77
Pole Position

Doesnt areotech clean your car prior to installing the bra??
i didnt know you had to get your car detailed on your own...
Old 09-03-06, 08:31 AM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hip_hop77
Doesnt areotech clean your car prior to installing the bra??
i didnt know you had to get your car detailed on your own...
Yes, Francisco does do a thorough cleaning but one should have it detailed in order to have the fine scratches and swirl marks removed before having it "covered up".

Dan
Old 09-03-06, 04:25 PM
EmRos
Rookie

I use Moe as well every few months to get the swirls out of my cars. His website is www.glisteningperfection.com.