CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Newport Lexus Visit part II

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-06, 11:50 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Neo
Sounds like Newport is the place to NOT go. Thanks for being the guinea pig, Mark.
Someone has to take one for the team and I guess it was my turn... hahaha...

I have to agree with you, Chris. As much as I like to keep the relationship with the service consultant, I definitely ain't going to spend dumb money.
Old 09-15-06, 12:58 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the heads up. I was about to take my IS in this saturday for an oil change but I guess i won't be doing that now. I think I'll stick with Tustin Lexus. I went there for the 5k service and they were pretty nice/cool. There is no fancy schmancy lounge but they gave me a loaner so it was all good.
Old 09-15-06, 03:14 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
Thanks for the heads up. I was about to take my IS in this saturday for an oil change but I guess i won't be doing that now. I think I'll stick with Tustin Lexus. I went there for the 5k service and they were pretty nice/cool. There is no fancy schmancy lounge but they gave me a loaner so it was all good.
FYI, Tustin Lexus is owned by the same owner as Newport Lexus.

However, I am interested to find out how much they will charge for the same service.

Note: My friend lives in Irvine and she goes to Mission Viejo Lexus, even though Tustin is near her. She said, it seems to her that Mission Viejo has better service and competitive price. (P.S. I am not beating down Tustin Lexus at all since I never been there before. But just want to let you guys know all the information I have)
Old 09-15-06, 08:47 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
FYI, Tustin Lexus is owned by the same owner as Newport Lexus.

However, I am interested to find out how much they will charge for the same service.

Note: My friend lives in Irvine and she goes to Mission Viejo Lexus, even though Tustin is near her. She said, it seems to her that Mission Viejo has better service and competitive price. (P.S. I am not beating down Tustin Lexus at all since I never been there before. But just want to let you guys know all the information I have)
wow i didn't know tustin/newport are owned by the same people! i live 2 mins from MV Lexus but for some reason I didn't think about bringing it there. maybe i'll give them a try. i'll let you know how much they charge for an oil change if i go to MV.
Old 09-15-06, 09:02 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

i still go to lexus of westminster, but I never get my service in there. I just go get little parts I need. Though one time they wanted to charge me $12/qt of ATF, saying $6 is the lowest they can go because thats below dealer cost

Still I enjoy the refreshments there
Old 09-16-06, 12:11 AM
IS250HuNnY
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
Still I enjoy the refreshments there
haha when i went there at around 2pm there were NOOOO donuts or bagels or anything left!! everything was gone but the next time i went, i went in the morning and ate lots of donuts haha so if u want donuts n stuff go in the morning!!
Old 09-16-06, 09:24 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Originally Posted by IS250HuNnY
haha when i went there at around 2pm there were NOOOO donuts or bagels or anything left!! everything was gone but the next time i went, i went in the morning and ate lots of donuts haha so if u want donuts n stuff go in the morning!!
:werd:

Morning is my time.
Old 09-16-06, 07:15 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Yes they're supposed to adjust price accordingly. They probably overlooked it so may I suggest you go back or give them a call to credit you?

Fyi, I went in for service today at Lexus of Glendale and Enzio is the new service manager, super nice guy, I knew him briefly from my short stint in Finance last year. I got a GS300 loaner! Fully loaded with navi and everything. They have 10 GS's along with the usual 150 ES, RX and IS loaners. Of course I got free bottled water and that yummy popcorn too. I was tempted to slap a Club Lexus sticker on the back to see if anyone would notice. lol

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
Liz, one quick question tho. When you tell the service advisor not to perform some required items on the "recommended" list. Aren't they supposed to reduce the price accordingly? The reason I asked is because I recently service my Sienna at Toyota dealership and I asked the list of things they will do and changing air filter being one of them. I told them don't do that because they are charging $40 for it which I can easily do that myself (not saying I can't do oil change, but with my back condition I would prefer to pay for someone else to do the job). Of course, the dealership take it off and reduce the price accordingly.

Now, as I was doing the service this time. I also told them do not change my Air filter (Blitz, reuseable) and don't rotate tires (stagger). However, the price stays the same..... go figure.....
Old 09-16-06, 08:11 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

I've taken my SC for routine oil changes to Westminster, Tustin, and Mission Viejo Lexus dealerships. Service is about the for everyone.

Pricing is another story.

Westminster is least expensive. Then Mission Viejo. And Tustin is the most expensive.

That's probably not a surprise to many of you. As you can see, I take my car to Westminster.
Old 09-17-06, 10:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

as i have said before, gs300 fully loaded loaner is nothing special, we got that a while back already from another dealership

anyway, mark, just like i told you before, bottom line is dealerships can charge whatever premium they want anyway, pretty much they price the market, so...
Old 09-18-06, 02:47 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by rominl
as i have said before, gs300 fully loaded loaner is nothing special, we got that a while back already from another dealership
I'm used to ES and RX loaners so it's something special to me. Maybe you're not impressed because you drive a SC430 and GS400, but for us poor folk in IS300 getting a GS loaner is AWESOME.
Old 09-18-06, 03:56 PM
NoRyceGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Was the service outstanding?
I would pay the premium for great service and it being conveniently located. ( I'm NOT going to drive ALLLL the way to tustin or longo.)
Might be the dealership for me. I'm not going to complain about paying 40 dollars more for service if I don't have to drive far. I hate driving to/through westminster and they have terrrible service and facilities.
On a good note, might be looking to get back into Lexus ownership.
Old 09-18-06, 04:59 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NoRyceGS4
Was the service outstanding?
I would pay the premium for great service and it being conveniently located. ( I'm NOT going to drive ALLLL the way to tustin or longo.)
Might be the dealership for me. I'm not going to complain about paying 40 dollars more for service if I don't have to drive far. I hate driving to/through westminster and they have terrrible service and facilities.
On a good note, might be looking to get back into Lexus ownership.
I don't know if I can said it was outstanding or not. Just a normal service and usual routine. Pull up my car, finished write up and brought me outside to the loaner and I was on the go again (about 25 minutes). Did not have a chance to sit or relax in the lounge.

If its 40 more, I wouldn't complaint or feel stupid. However $40 more on a $115 service I can get somewhere else is still 34% more. In this case, I paid $85 more on a $115 service (after discount) is 74% more. I drove my SC all the way to Keyes last time, great service and save a whole bunch.
Old 09-18-06, 10:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
I'm used to ES and RX loaners so it's something special to me. Maybe you're not impressed because you drive a SC430 and GS400, but for us poor folk in IS300 getting a GS loaner is AWESOME.
lol, the other way, my wife was very excited and happy about the car and i am very much jealous..... i have yet to be in that damn car
Old 09-18-06, 10:28 PM
GSteg
Rookie

is there a certain age requirement in order to get a loaner?

Quick Reply: Newport Lexus Visit part II